04-09-2010
V.I.P.

scanned by me from harper's bazaar uk october

04-09-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossiping View Post

scanned by me from harper's bazaar uk october
the outfit and their scream 'old' to me, I wish last year alexa would come back!

04-09-2010
front row

awesome thanks!

04-09-2010
fashion insider

MADEWELL | Ad Campaign FW1011 | HQ

myfdb.com

05-09-2010
backstage pass

personally I think her last outfit looked cute, really casual not trying to dress up at all...but she does look a bit tired.

05-09-2010
she had boys in her room

Quote:
I'm warming to ALEXA CHUNG. She's polite, effortlessly cool and looks marvellous. With a healthy glow, a killer Rachel Antonoff dress and lush pins, she looked stunning in London on Friday. Alexa's just moved back from New York and has landed the job of presenting the new-look Gonzo on MTV Rocks. She's also filming a new fashion show for a US network. Sounds like celebration time!
notw.com

05-09-2010
she had boys in her room

^ Sorry, the picture didn't work..

September 3 2010 - Launch of Love to Love clubnight at Bathouse Club Restaurant, London.

05-09-2010
V.I.P.

Lovely

05-09-2010
she had boys in her room

A couple of Q&As with dailycandy.com:

Quote:
Girl Crush Supreme - Our Interview with Alexa Chung

Weíve had a girl crush on model-turned-interviewer-turned-whatever-she-wants Alexa Chung for ages. So weíre using the upcoming launch of her amazing collection for Madewell as an excuse to subject her to the same brilliantly funny questions sheís asked celebrities on her beloved, departed MTV talk show, Itís On with Alexa Chung.

Hereís one you asked the cast of
Glee: Letís say youíre opening a chain restaurant. What will you call it?
A themed restaurant or just a restaurant?

A themed one, obviously.
Well, itís a shame that Jekyll & Hydeis already taken, because that is really good. Um. Iíd really like to do a Spice Girls restaurant. We can call it Spice Up Your Life. It can have Spice Girl memorabilia everywhere and serve curry.

Speaking of Spice Girls, which one would you be?
Definitely Ginger Spice.

You asked Emile Hirsch how heíd describe his smell. So how about yours?
Ha. I donít know. I wear rose perfume, so maybe I smell like roses.

Now for Lady Gaga, you asked her about what she wears to the grocery store. So how do you dress to go grocery shopping?
I dress like Lady Gaga.

Would you rather lose an eye or gain one?
Oh, thatís from John Mayer. He was cracking me up at the time, and I couldnít hold it together, because I thought that was the best thing Iíd ever heard. As he said, Iíd gain one then work an eye patch ó a really cool, bedazzled eye patch. Though maybe I can gain one and put it in the back of my head and switch between the three. Iíd be like an owl.

And you could cover the third with hair?
And you could see what people were saying about you, literally, behind your back.

This last question is also something you asked John Mayer. And itís our favorite question ever.
Itís about the hairline, isnít it?

Yes! Would you rather have a receding hairline or a ó if this is a word ó proceeding hairline?
Oh, man. I donít know, because neither is particularly attractive on a lady. I mean, if youíre a guy, you can just kind of have a receding one, and itís fine. Or a proceeding one, and it can be like a beard. But Iím a lady. No facial furnitureís okay really, right? So I guess Iíd have a receding one, and I can cover it with wigs.

We like that answer.
Well, I donít want to be bothered with shaving every day. I canít even bother with shaving every day now, so if it were on my face, itíd be a real nightmare. Thereíd be a lot going on.

Finally, is there anything you wish weíd asked?
If you die tomorrow, would you be happy with everything youíve accomplished so far?

Thatís a good one. So whatís the answer?
Youíre quite deep. Well. Itís aiiight.

For more delightful insight into the world of Chung (her Madewell collection, fave foods, and whose closet she wants to raid), click to the DailyCandy Dossier. Visit regularly during Fashion Week for the chance to win one of the great makeup bags from the collection, launching September 9 online at madewell.com. Still want more? Check out our gallery of her original sketches.
Quote:
Alexa Chung's Fashion and Favourites

When we called Alexa Chung for our interview, our phone was being echoey ó and she immediately asked if we were in a toilet. (To which we replied, ďYes, we always do our interviews in the bathroom.Ē) With that, our Q&A was off to a great start. Hereís what followed.

FASHION

Whose closet would you want to raid?
If you could build me a time machine, I would go back in time and raid Anita Pallenbergís closet when she was hanging out with the Rolling Stones. Or maybe even Keith Richards. His wardrobe is pretty good.

If you could wear only one designer the rest of your life, who would it be?
Uh. I donít think I could decide. I like too many. This week I really like Isabel Marant so much. But beyond that, there are just too many.

What was the design process with Madewell like?
It was really cool, because the design team was totally on board and really understood the kind of clothes and styles I like. I wasnít really sure what was expected of me, so I did lots of sketches and brought in things from my own wardrobe I thought could be better. You know, so I could make my dream item. From that, the designer made proper drawings, and we got samples and decided on materials. And, yes, there are many polka dots ó because those were my favorite things at that time.

Is there one trend you rocked in the past that now makes you cringe when you see pictures?
Iíd say everything other than today. I donít feel like youíre ever happy with something youíve worn before. Iím only happy when Iím in the moment Iím in.

Can we expect to see an Alexa Chung brand down the road?
Well, maybe. Iím weary of celebrity designers, because Iím like, ďYou donít have the right to do that. Itís just not fair.Ē With the collection for Madewell, definitely half of it was Kin [Ying Lee, Madewell design director], who had the ability to transpose my sketches into reality. Until Iím capable of doing that on my own, I donít think I deserve to have my own line.

FAVORITES

Whatís your favorite food?
I went to dinner last night and someone gave me sea urchin, and thatís definitely not my favorite food. I think ice cream is my favorite food. Milk shakes. I guess thatís a drink not a food. But Iím pretty keen on milk shakes.

Do you prefer cats or dogs?
Depends on what kind of dog and what kind of cat. Dachshunds are definitely my favorite kind of dog. But then I like all breeds of cats. So maybe Iím more of cat person.

Whatís the last great book you read?
Iím reading it now, and itís called Please Kill Me. Itís an oral history of punk and how it came about in New York ó from The Velvet Underground to the Ramones.

Are you a morning or night person?
I donít think Iím either. Iím working during the day, so Iím usually tired at night and in the morning. Iím a day person.

And finally, if someone ó hypothetically ó wanted to send you candy, whatís your favorite?
I like Reeseís Pieces, but Iím also partial to Hersheyís cookies íní creme.

Want to get your hands on something by Alexa Chung for Madewell (weíre positive the line will sell out in an hour)? Come back, ícause weíre giving away her adorable makeup bags later this week.
Quote:
Alexa Chung and We Are Scientists?!

No, this isnít a clothing collaboration (sheís already busy with her own line for Madewell).

And no, itís not a duet either (although that would definitely be interesting).
But Alexa has lent her hand to rockers We Are Scientists by drawing the artwork for their new single, ďI Donít Bite.Ē

Itís a sea creature standing next to a martini glass. UmÖokay, thatís cool.
Check out the single (and the cover art) for yourself when it drops October 11!
nylonmag.com

05-09-2010
V.I.P.

That's great news and her oufit is lovely! That mustard-y yellow color seems to be making a comeback, I've seen quite a few celebrities wearing that color lately.

05-09-2010
backstage pass

I love her little drawings they're so cute

05-09-2010
front row

That's great news that she's gonna be back on tv. Can't wait to see those daily updates again.
Love that yellow dress.
thanks, Diamond Sea.

05-09-2010
front row

Quote:
I would go back in time and raid Anita Pallenberg’s closet when she was hanging out with the Rolling Stones.
That is such an hipster auto-answer! Bleh.

05-09-2010
V.I.P.

The yellow and black dress is pretty cute the best thing shes worn in awhile, she should chop of her hair again it looks so dull.

05-09-2010
front row

I love Please Kill Me! and that mustard and black dress is really adorable, i'm kind of shocked

Last edited by timemachinedream; 05-09-2010 at 08:33 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, alexa, chung, march, november