Alexa Chung (May 2006 - June 2009) - Page 37 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
13-01-2008
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by modela View Post
she isnt doing anything that is new and she doesnt set trends , but she is able to pull it off in a cool way and she knows what looks good on her .You can tell that she is wearing what she wants and that shows.But is she a trendsetter or a fashion icon or will she have the same impact like sienna ( not a big fan her though)i dont think so!!If you strip away the fashion she is nothing but a presenter on a pointless morningshow and its the fashion that has made her an it-girl( some might even say her boyfriend)
in my opinion it is the boyfriend. i mean, come on, she was never on the cover of any of these magazines, nobody really cared about her much, before alex. and at the beginning of ever article or on the cover it always begins with something like "Alexa Chung is unstoppable with Alex Turner the Arctic Monkey at her side. . ." etc etc. And Alexa is totally loving all the attention, milking it for what it's worth.

Another thing, she said she's interested in an anti-fur documentary yet you always see her in leather purses or shoes

13-01-2008
fashion insider

true, she may well have become more famous because of her boyfriend, but she was well on the way to becoming a popular tv presenter before that. And either way, this doesn't take away from the fact that she does have great style!
And, to be honest, what career-minded person wouldnt make the most of the attention she is getting at the moment, be it due to her boyfriend or not!?

Last edited by Amywilliams; 13-01-2008 at 11:11 AM.

13-01-2008
fashion insider

And, forgot to mention, she is pretty funny too...haha

13-01-2008
tfs star

I knew who she was long before any mention of her dating Alex Turner. He has nothing to do with why I pay any attention to her. I like how she dresses whether it's completely original or not, and most people wouldn't be able to be completely original without really going out of their way, which I think would be a waste of time. Shouldn't this be her topic and not her boyfriend's?

13-01-2008
windowshopping

^ tell that to the british press. and her as well, if she wants people to stop mentioning him she should stop gabbing on about him in interviews. could be the fact that she has nothing better going on. . . just stating my opinion.

13-01-2008
tfs star

Well he is her boyfriend, and it's her choice whether she wants to mention him. But like I said, this is supposed to be her topic. The press will make a big deal about her being his girlfriend whether she talks about him or not.

13-01-2008
V.I.P.

Gorgeous

13-01-2008
trendsetter

the reason she's garnered more attention is because of alex turner - anyone who denies that is either really naive or downright stupid, imo.

aside from that, she's gorgeous and seems to have a decent sense of style. i think especially in the last 6 months or so her style has become a bit more distinctive from the usual 'hipster/grungy/peach geldof-like' style.

her canvas bags paired with cocktail dresses for example. her make-up (i for one lover how she makes up her eyes..) - it's a bit of different twist and her style doesn't seem as contrived so it's natural she's going to be looked at for that as well.

never really liked her too much on popworld, tbh...and i don't think she's that great of a presenter...but even though her style is not entirely original i can totally see why it's of interest. plus, she doesn't seem to take herself too seriously - she does have a sense of humour about herself and her 'it-girl' status.

13-01-2008
front row

Alexa and actress Natalia Tena look so much alike.

13-01-2008
front row

I Love Alexa!

14-01-2008
fashion elite

i dont think she looks like natalia tena at all

14-01-2008
fashion elite

source : http://traum-taenzerin.blogspot.com/...exa-chung.html

1) If you look at her pictures you will see her in a lot of playful dresses! Above all she loves floral dresses. She just pulls them over and wears some necklaces and pretty shoes. A very simple but lovely style to wear.

2) She also has a lot of different black dresses. To wear them at day she combines them with necklaces, Tees and chemises.

3) For special occesions, she likes her dresses silky and with special details. So that it catches all the attention.

14-01-2008
fashion elite

4) Alexa also loves chequered dresses and shirts for a more laid-back style.

5) But she also has a huge collection of stripes shirt, which give her a french touch. As you can see again she loves her necklaces.

6) For casual occasions Alexa just pulls out a pair of skinny jeans, some vintage shirt and her leather jacket.

source ":http://traum-taenzerin.blogspot.com/...exa-chung.html

14-01-2008
fashion elite

http://traum-taenzerin.blogspot.com/...exa-chung.html

7) As Alexa lives in England she has a bunch of different jackets and coats for the cold days. Above all she likes the navy style. And furthermore she has some different eye-catching coats.

So lets make a list:
- floral dresses
- black dresses
- skinny skinny jeans
- big vintage shirts
- striped and chequered shirts
- black leather ankleboots
- vintage bags
- high waisted skirts
- necklaces, necklaces, necklaces

EVERYTHING FROM THE SOURCE ABOVE!!!

14-01-2008
fashion elite

ITS amazing what a haircut can do for you!!! and visit that website its one of the collest sites related to fahsion

Last edited by modela; 14-01-2008 at 08:11 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2006, 2009, alexa, chung, june