How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-06-2012
front row

Alicia Vikander
So, I just saw A Royal Affair at the cinema, and I think she's lovely, she was simply wonderful in "A Royal Affair."

Full name: Alicia Amanda Vikander
D.O.B.: 3 October 1988 (age 23)
Nationality: Swedish

A quick search on IMDb says that she has one film in production now, "The Seventh Son" and is playing Kitty in Joe Wright's adaptation of Tolstoy's "Anna Karenina". Other credits are in Swedish TV and Film, most notably Till det som är vackert.

By Mikael Olsson for Muse

lundlund.com

Quote:
The Swedish-born actress faced more than the usual burden of proof when she auditioned for the part of the Queen of Denmark in the upcoming A Royal Affair. On top of demonstrating her acting chops, Vikander had to convince director Nikolaj Arcel that she understood Danish. “One day he said something I didn’t hear, so I just smiled and nodded,” the actress, 23, recalls. “He looked at me and said, ‘You don’t understand, do you?’ I was just happy he didn’t walk out the door.” Vikander moved to Copenhagen for two months, becoming fluent enough to embody the tragic Caroline Mathilde, the British girl who married Danish King Christian VII—her cousin—in 1766, only to discover he suffered from schizophrenia. (The film is based on a true story.) When Caroline falls for the court doctor, played by Mads Mikkelsen, complications ensue.

Born in Gothenburg, Vikander studied at the Royal Swedish Ballet School for nine years before abandoning her professional dance career in 2009 to pursue acting. A year later, she garnered accolades for her portrayal of a troubled girl involved with an older symphony conductor in the film Pure. Next year, Vikander will begin shooting Seventh Son, based on the fantasy novel of the same name. She’ll also play Kitty in Joe Wright’s Anna Karenina, for which she has perfected a British accent. “Next I will do a Hungarian film!” she says, laughing.

wmagazine.com
Elle Style Awards 2012

elle.se

"Confession Of A Child" Photo Call during the 65th Annual Cannes Film Festival

zimbio.com

Closing Ceremony - 62nd Berlinale International Film Festival

zimbio.com

20-06-2012
front row

"En Kongelig Affaere" (A Royal Affair) Premiere during day eight of the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival

zimbio.com

25-06-2012
V.I.P.

Thanks for the thread, sprout. Perfect timing, I'm really looking forward to see her as Kitty, whose character I loved in the book. Alicia's cute enough for that and I loved what I've seen from her, mostly style-wise.. particularly the black + burgundy outfit w/ loafers in the first post.

Going to try to find A Royal Affair now!

rising star

Just saw her in A Royal Affair the other evening and she really stood out for me. It will be great to see what she will do next. Love her shoes at the Berlin premier of A Royal Affair!

12-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Fashion stylist Luisa Rino and makeup and hair artist Melanie Neufeld worked with Alicia Vikander, one of Sweden’s hottest rising stars when she was in Vancouver filming with Julianne Moore and Jeff Bridges. Photography by Evaan Kheraj. Check out the July 2012 issue of STYLEBY on newsstands now.

lizbellagency.com

23-08-2012
front row

UK TV Spot for Anna Karenina

youtube.com

23-08-2012
front row

STYLEBY Outakes
Ph. Evaan Kheraj

alicia-vikander.org

03-09-2012
front row

Reviews for Anna Karenina are coming in, the embargo ended today. And IndieWire's The Playlist raves Alicia's performance:

Quote:
Best of all are Domnhal Gleeson and Alicia Vikander, as faltering would-be lovers Levin and Kitty. They're the least well-known names among the principal cast, but on this basis, it's unlikely to remain that way for long. Gleeson effortlessly shows the good-hearted nature of Levin, but isn't afraid to dig into the hypocrisy of the character, while Vikander does wonders with a tricky part that's written on the page as to be almost saint-like, but she never lets you forget the real human being there as well. The two have great chemistry together, as well, with one scene involving letter-blocks that's more romantic and sensual than a dozen sex scenes.

05-09-2012
fashion elite

Only seen her in pictures so far but she is just gorgeous.

05-09-2012
V.I.P.

Alicia Vikander attends the UK Premiere of Anna Karenina on September 4, 2012 in London, United Kingdom.

zimbio

05-09-2012
V.I.P.

What a pretty girl
She kinda reminds me of Emilia Clarke, both of them are so petite and beautiful

zimbio

Last edited by Prairie; 05-09-2012 at 09:02 AM.
05-09-2012
V.I.P.

^ thanks for these, prairie!

I was having a hard time trying to figure out why is that look not working for me, I thought the makeup was too dry but judging from previous pics, she seems to favor that and still manages to look good so I'm going to go with the hair.. I think that's it.. the dress already looks heavy (textures, color, weight of the fabric), it's on that fine line between glamorous and pajama robe, she should've worn her hair down..

I don't know

^I agree about the hair.. but I do think the make-up is the problem as well. Too powdery and I'm not a fan of the tan going on. She could have used some nice lipstick or blush..

Love that she's breaking out, she was quite promising in some of the crap she had to do in Sweden.

Last edited by saann; 05-09-2012 at 02:06 PM.
05-09-2012
V.I.P.

Certainly one of the big breakouts of the year between Anna Karenina and A Royal Affair.

I was at the Anna Karenina premiere last night, and like Keira's dress, it looked much better in motion and up close. Just goes to show how different things can look in pictures.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
I thought the makeup was too dry but judging from previous pics, she seems to favor that and still manages to look good so I'm going to go with the hair.. I think that's it..
my initial thought as well.! def. the hair.
I do think that the blk/grey shadow brings out the honey colour in her eyes though

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alicia, vikander