How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-09-2012
V.I.P.

SOLANGE KNOWLES, DIANE VON FURSTENBERG, ALLISON WILLIAMS, MEREDITH MELLING BURKE

glamazonsblog.com

22-09-2012
V.I.P.

Weekly Pre-Emmy Party Presented By L'Oreal Paris at Fig & Olive Melrose Place in Hollywood - Sept. 21, 2012

tlfan.to (posted by Gollum)

24-09-2012
V.I.P.

64th Primetime Emmy Awards at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles - Sept. 23, 2012

tlfan.to (posted by Gollum)

24-09-2012
trendsetter

I have no idea who she is but her Oscar de la Renta gown looked amazing!

24-09-2012
V.I.P.

she looks AMAZING in that green dress, thanks Alve, she's Brian Willams daughter, she's also a actress, on the HBO Show Girls

V.I.P.

What a stunner at the Emmys!!

24-09-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Allison Williams: From 'Girls' to 'It' Girl?

From the beginning for Allison Williams, it was all about Oscar.

“I told her [stylist Cristina Ehrlich] when I first met her that my dream — my dream — is to wear Oscar de la Renta. It is one of the only designers I feel like I’ve always known about, and I’ve always noticed. It is so elegant and beautiful,” she says. “He has been so good for so long, he knows exactly what he is doing.”

Two days before the Emmy Awards in her last fitting at Ehrlich’s Los Angeles studio, Allison had her Oscar. The dress was a strapless, emerald green gown from the designer’s resort collection with a structured top rimmed with peplum before cascading into a Champagne flute-shaped skirt.

In the sunlit studio, the pairing of the girl — literally one of the girls on “Girls,” the HBO hit nominated in the Outstanding Comedy Series Emmys category — and the dress seemed effortless, but, in fact, was not. It was the culmination of a year of work to slowly build Williams’ fashion profile by introducing her to the style set at the Met ball and New York Fashion Week. The Emmys would be her major fashion coming-out party for the general public.

We’ve had a very planned-out way that we wanted to see the evolution of her style come to fruition,” says Ehrlich. “It was always about getting to this moment where she would wear Oscar de la Renta.”

The plan has been to catapult Williams into the pantheon of American beauties the likes of Brooke Shields, whom she resembles, by having her wear predominantly American designers (Ralph Lauren and Donna Karan, for example).

“She’s a thinking actress in the company of Claire Danes or Natalie Portman,” Ehrlich says. “Her career is something she’s not winging,”

Admittedly Type A, Williams, the daughter of NBC News anchor Brian Williams, brought binders filled with pictures of celebrities wearing different outfits for her initial meeting with the stylist.

“I just have always been so interested in the way actors and actresses present themselves to the world because I think it is very important and it affects the way people see you as an actor and whether or not you still can [be] believable on the screen,” Williams says. “You have to be careful about making sure that there isn’t too much of you out there so you can still play characters.”

Although she thinks through each fashion decision, Williams insists she doesn’t have an agenda when choosing a dress.

“I’m drawn to what I’m drawn to,” she says, explaining, “I wear jeans and loafers everyday, mostly casual, but when I really turn it on, I like a classic, simple look.”

Williams’ approach could garner her a deal with a fashion house, but Williams said she hasn’t even “tiptoed” into the endorsement arena yet. Ehrlich believes it’s too soon.

“It is important with these girls that it doesn’t happen too quick. I would see her doing something with beauty, whether it is fragrance or Neutrogena or something that has to do with all-American skin care,” she says, adding, “Then, down the line with fashion, I could see her definitely doing that, maybe in a little bit of time. I think it is important not to explode the girls all too fast.”

source: wwd

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

Last edited by LittleMsSunshine; 27-09-2012 at 12:30 PM.
27-09-2012
V.I.P.

V.I.P.

V.I.P.

Allison Williams & Lena Dunham: LA Loves Alex's Lemonade Charity Event!

justjared.com

V.I.P.

Chef Jon Shook shares his Fried Chicken recipe with Lena Dunham and Allison Williams, stars of the new hit "Girls" at L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade -- a culinary cookout benefiting pediatric cancer research. [Produced by Talia Green & Evan Blackford]

V.I.P.

Allison Williams wore a Spring 2012 Valentino dress at the Gotham Independent Film Awards in New York.

fashionologie.com

02-12-2012
V.I.P.

Allison Williams wore a Spring 2013 Naeem Khan gown at the UNICEF Snowflake Ball in New York.

fashionologie.com

02-12-2012
V.I.P.

She looks atunning in both gowns, but my fave is naeem khan, idk, I feel that icy blue is more.flattering for.her complexion

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
allison, williams