Anna Kendrick (April 2009 - January 2014) - Page 26 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-08-2010
V.I.P.

Happy B-Day, Anna!

10-08-2010
fashion elite

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNA!

10-08-2010
backstage pass

How old is she today?

10-08-2010
trendsetter

i believe 25, correct me if im wrong.

10-08-2010
tfs star

^you're right 25!

11-08-2010
V.I.P.

Fan pic:

Promotional shoots for SPVTW

lunanuevameyer

11-08-2010
V.I.P.

Anna Kendrick sticks up for Twilight fans

Quote:
It's always nice to hear Twilight series castmembers stick up for the Saga's fans (who support them so - especially when it comes to their outside projects), and the latest actress to do so is Anna Kendrick ("Jessica Stanley" in the series).

According to the Wall Street Journal, "Kendrick bristled at the notion that 'Twilight' fans, or 'Twihards,' are a little overboard. 'People like to make fun of the fans who camp out but people have renaissance faires; people do Civil War reenactments; people do what they like,' Kendrick said. 'I’m tired of hearing people rag on the fans. If you don’t like ‘Twilight,’ don’t buy a ticket.'"

Amen, sister.

Anna Kendrick has been busy these last few weeks promoting her movie Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, and director Edgar Wright talked to Entertainment Weekly about the fact that Kendrick was cast long before she became a part of the Twilight phenomenon.

"Some of it is just luck, I guess . . .but also I feel like, in every part, I got the best person for the job. A lot of these people have been cast in it for a long time. Anna Kendrick did her first audition for it before she shot the first Twilight," he explained.
twilightmb.proboards

11-08-2010
V.I.P.

Leaves her home in Los Angeles

celebrity-paradise

and wearing the dress she was carrying on Leno

annakendrickfan

11-08-2010
V.I.P.

HQs

superiorpics

11-08-2010
tfs star

has this been ever posted here?

she's adorable!!!

11-08-2010
backstage pass

Those Leno shoes are hot!!!

12-08-2010
fashion insider

I love the colour of her dress at Leno, though not necessarily the dress itself. The colour looks lovely on her. Plus, those heels are fantastic!

12-08-2010
V.I.P.

Outtakes for Interview magazine

annakendrickfans

12-08-2010
V.I.P.

Pics of Anna on promotional tours of SPVTW

annakendrickonline

12-08-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Anna Kendrick on Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

Taglined ďAn epic of epic epicness,Ē director Edgar Wrightís adaptation of Bryan Lee OíMalleyís popular comic book series, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, hits theaters with Biblical force this Friday. Archetypal awkward youth Michael Cera plays the titular character, a 22-year-old bass player who falls in love with a girl only to learn that she has seven evil ex-boyfriends, all of whom are hell-bent on killing him. Anna Kendrick, who plays Scottís reliable sister Stacey, says her character is ďthe voice in the back of [Scott's] head that he knows heís not going to listen to.Ē We spoke to Kendrick about filming Scott Pilgrim, Comic Con, and Twilight mania (or lack thereof).

CAROLINE BANKOFF: Hello, Anna! Where are you calling from?

ANNA KENDRICK: Iím in Toronto. We have the Toronto premiere of Scott Pilgrim tonightĖwe filmed it in Toronto, so itís a homecoming of sorts.

BANKOFF: Howís your summer been so far? What have you been up to?

KENDRICK: I donít know, really. Just kind of doing the press tour and stuff. And watching a lot of movies.

BANKOFF: And you just went to Comic Con to promote Scott Pilgrim, right?

KENDRICK: Yeah. It was great; it was amazing. I mean, the film is obviously for comic fans, and they seemed to love it, which is a huge relief. Those are your toughest critics, in a way.

BANKOFF: Had you ever been to Comic Con before?

KENDRICK: Iíd been with New Moon. That wasnít really the same because we didnít get to really go and experience Comic Con. So, this was the first time that I really got the full experience.

BANKOFF: What was the most interesting thing you saw there?

KENDRICK: The Tron bike looked really cool, and it was just great to see a lot of people being in cosplay ["costume role play"]. A lot of people who are not in their element in real life really shine there, and thatís cool.

BANKOFF: Are you into comic books?

KENDRICK: I stole comic books from my brother when I was a kid, but I was never like an avid fan. I canít claim to be like a comic book geek.

BANKOFF: Have you gotten more into it since doing Scott Pilgrim?

KENDRICK: UmÖ no. I mean, obviously I read the series, and Hope Larson, [Scott Pilgrim author] Brian Lee OíMalleyís wife, gave me her book and Iím reading that nowóitís really cool.

BANKOFF: What was the shooting process for Scott Pilgrim like? Can you tell me a little bit about the process of filming, like working with Michael [Cera] or any stories from the set?

KENDRICK: It was definitely really kind of odd and technical, because of the way that it looks. The process was definitely unlike anything Iíve ever done before. Like thereís a scene where Iím on the phone with Michael Cera,and we had to do a split screen, so I had a little earpiece in my ear. I was listening to the footage that heíd already shot, and I just had to like fit my lines into the space in between his lines.

BANKOFF: How does the movie look, exactly?

KENDRICK: I mean you know the film is really tight, and itís really fast editing, so itís a lot of little shots and itís just a really like specific way of working because, you know, Edgar [Wright] basically knows that heís going to use this angle for this line, and that angle for that line, and you shoot it in pieces, like a puzzle. So instead of like shooting an entire scene at a couple of different angles and figuring it out after, you shoot almost line-by-line sometimes. So that was really unusual.

BANKOFF: Did you prepare for that in a specific way, or did you just have to learn it as you were doing it?

KENDRICK: Yeah, it was a trial-by-fire thing. A lot of what I end up liking to do is a reaction to the last thing that I did. I guess the point for me is to try new things.

BANKOFF: Twilight: Eclipse came out earlier this summer. Are those releases extra stressful for you, because theyíre so high-profile?

KENDRICK: Now I know what Iím doing, so itís easier. With any other movie, youíre entering new territory, so itís quite different to be involved in something where itís the same characters, and the same people. You know what to expect out of the premieres and the press and stuff. So itís actually kind of nice, because you donít get very much routine in this job, and itís actually sort of interesting. Itís like an annual party or something.

BANKOFF: Have you guys started doing any work on filmingÖ?

KENDRICK: On Breaking Dawn? I know nothing. I literally know nothing.
annakendrickfans

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, 2014, anna, april, january, kendrick