How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-12-2012
fashion icon

^I think it has to do with the type of fabric a dress is, some will show underwear lines so some women choose to go without them or maybe because they just don't want to wear it. And as for exiting cars, it can be tricky, especially in a dress. But really, it shouldn't have mattered if Anne was wearing underwear or not (or why she was or wasn't wearing it. Such suggestions/blame tend to reek of sl*t shaming.), those photo's shouldn't have been taken. However, since we live in a society that thinks it's okay to sexualize women in unsexy situations or without their consent they were published. Some people might want to go back and read the second half of Anne's statement, she brought up a valid point which doesn't apply just to her but to all of us.

I'm seriously loving Anne's last few looks, that Carven skirt is beautiful. And the white dress flatters her so well. I love that she went for a shoe with a pop of color instead of something boring like nude or black. It makes for a more eye-catching look. Can't wait to see her interview with Jimmy, he brings out the best in everyone.

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 12-12-2012 at 09:20 PM.

15-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Actress Anne Hathaway attends the Hugh Jackman Hollywood Walk Of Fame ceremony on December 13, 2012 in Hollywood, California.

Quote:
'Les Miserables' actress Anne Hathaway & her husband Adam Shulman arriving on a flight at LAX airport in Los Angeles, California on December 12, 2012. Anne was nice enough to sign a few autographs as she made her way through the terminal.

Quote:
Anne Hathaway heads back to her apartment after a day full of press for her new film Les Miserables on Wednesday (December 12) in Brooklyn, N.Y

zimbio, justjared

fashion insider

She has the cutest sunglasses collection.

15-12-2012
secret garden

Pure class in every outfit she's worn during this press tour. She's dressing like a great big movie STAR and I applaud it - she and her stylist are pulling out all the stops and going for real fashion moments.

15-12-2012
When in doubt, wear red.

I wish we could have a better view at her outfit with the printed skirt in #437. It looks amazing and much more stylized than her usual candids looks.

Love the Prada dress she wore at the Hugh Jackman event but she really needs to stop with those shoes !!!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
^I think it has to do with the type of fabric a dress is, some will show underwear lines so some women choose to go without them or maybe because they just don't want to wear it. And as for exiting cars, it can be tricky, especially in a dress. But really, it shouldn't have mattered if Anne was wearing underwear or not (or why she was or wasn't wearing it. Such suggestions/blame tend to reek of sl*t shaming.), those photo's shouldn't have been taken. However, since we live in a society that thinks it's okay to sexualize women in unsexy situations or without their consent they were published. Some people might want to go back and read the second half of Anne's statement, she brought up a valid point which doesn't apply just to her but to all of us.

I'm seriously loving Anne's last few looks, that Carven skirt is beautiful. And the white dress flatters her so well. I love that she went for a shoe with a pop of color instead of something boring like nude or black. It makes for a more eye-catching look. Can't wait to see her interview with Jimmy, he brings out the best in everyone.
i understand completely now. I wasn't putting the blame on her at all, I was just a little baffled that her statement about her view on society seems a little late. This has happened to so many celebrities and so many of us take her side because it's Anne Hathaway but mock the others who have made the same mistake because of how they are perceived in the public.

16-12-2012
backstage pass

^Agree agree!

V.I.P.

Honestly, maybe she wanted some quick nookie with her husband in the toilets.
Quote:
Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Hugh Jackman, and Eddie Redmayne attend a special SAG screening and Q&A of their film Les Miserables on Saturday (December 15) at the Writers Guild Theater in Beverly Hills, Calif.

justjared

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust1603 View Post
She has the cutest sunglasses collection.
I know! Love those glasses in #437 on her.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
17-12-2012
I don't know

Adore the patent wedges she wore with the printed skirt in #437, wish there were more pictures

17-12-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
I know! Love those glasses in #437 on her.
If anyone is interested, her sunglasses are Karen Walker Anywhere Sunglasses.

20-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
'Les Miserables' actress Anne Hathaway spotted at the Chateau Marmont Hotel in West Hollywood, California on December 16, 2012.

zimbio

V.I.P.

Great look!
Love the grey coat, any ID?

20-12-2012
V.I.P.

Yeah, she looks great. The pop of pink clutch is a nice addition too.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
20-12-2012
When in doubt, wear red.

I'm going to ignore the patent pumps at this point since she seems to have completely adopted them. But the rest of the outfit is really good.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
anne, hathaway