How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-12-2012
V.I.P.

Ha ha, I kind of thought she was hamming it up on purpose with those poses, due to the risqué nature of the dress and shoes. In any case, for me she pulls off this look but it's not a favourite of mine. I just like that she took a chance on something sexy-gothic that will get everyone buzzing. Keen marketing. It's interesting, though, because if she didn't wear those shoes would it still have made such a splash? I think not. The shoes change the "shade" of the whole outfit.

Love the dress she wore on Dave, though.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

11-12-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
It's interesting, though, because if she didn't wear those shoes would it still have made such a splash? I think not. The shoes change the "shade" of the whole outfit.
The shoes are part of the dress, aren't they?:

style.com

11-12-2012
V.I.P.

I love the Tom Ford gown on her, i think its so glam and fabulous but I hate the sandals they just look tacky but overall I still think its a winning look. And the red floral dress on Letterman is beautiful and stunning on her

11-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
The shoes are part of the dress, aren't they?:
As in attached "part of"? Hmmm, I didn't think so. I am aware Ford designed both styling them together in the lookbook; however, I assume Anne could've chosen that dress but could have gone with a different shoe. After all, actresses wear modified looks all the time. But clearly Anne stuck with the original look even commissioning a vegan leather version of the shoes, apparently.

Other actresses who've pulled off risqué or glam Tom Ford looks come to mind: Gwyneth Paltrow and Julianne Moore

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

11-12-2012
V.I.P.

You know, I didn't think about it, but the shoes so look like they are attached to the dress. I can't help but love it, though. As I said on the Runway threads, it's one of the strangest red carpet looks I've seen in a long time but in a good way.

11-12-2012
V.I.P.

^ I don't know - if you look at the shots on the previous page, there are some in which Anne's flipping back the skirt slit to reveal the shoe, and I think (?) they are detached?

11-12-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Regardless, meant to be worn together in my opinion.
Funny that I mentioned her being classy enough to pull off the look and now there's pictures of her flashing her lady bits all over the internet

11-12-2012
V.I.P.

I know, lol. I also read she's a "natural woman". Good lord, Anne has a lot to live down -or to live up to- now!

11-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
The lady is a vamp!

Anne Hathaway showed up to the Les Misérables premiere in New York City Monday night wearing what we can only call quite a dress. The black taffeta creation — reportedly by Tom Ford — featured a form-fitting front, sky-high slit (hello, Angelina!) and a parachute-like cape on the back.

The real showstopper, however, were Hathaway’s bondage-inspired boots, custom-made of faux leather because of the actress’s veganism, The Cut reports. The chain-like creations reached all the way to her thighs and featured tight paneling along the calves.

This look calls to mind the creativity of some of her other recent ensembles — her winged Givenchy Haute Couture dress and festooned navy gown — but with the severely slicked hair and dark lip, elevates her look to a new level.

We give Hathaway kudos for taking this look all the way to the edge, and can honestly say we can’t wait to see what she wears next. Tell us: What do you think of Hathaway’s look: hot or hot mess? Vote in our poll and leave your thoughts in the comments below!
People

11-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
^ I don't know - if you look at the shots on the previous page, there are some in which Anne's flipping back the skirt slit to reveal the shoe, and I think (?) they are detached?
Yes, you're right. I saw that picture of her coming out of the car.

11-12-2012
When in doubt, wear red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
Her posing is comical, she way overdoes it, especially with an outfit that can more than speak for itself. That said, she definitely has the class to pull off that Tom Ford. The hair and makeup are flawless as well.
I completely agree, my problem isn't really the dress or the shoes but the pose. As a stupid red carpet purist I always say the simpler the better. I wish she hadn't posed with her hands around her waist like that. It makes the whole thing look forced. But I find the look on itself very refreshing and interesting. Especially when you think that just a few days ago, at the London premiere she went for a complete opposite look, almost ingenue-ish. I like that she isn't afraidn to really play the "fashion game". If it had been designed earlier the Tom Ford dress would've been perfect for TDKR premiere though.

Now I need to see those pictures

11-12-2012
trendsetter

I think this haircut looks stunning on her, love the red dress too

11-12-2012
tfs star

A quick google search will reveal that picture.

The posing aside, I absolutely love this look. I agree, it would have been perfect for one of the TDKR premieres. The boots just kill it for me; they scream Catwoman. I can't get over it.

11-12-2012
rising star

any idea about her red floral dress? I need to ID it

11-12-2012
fashion icon

It's so interesting how a pair of shoes can really change the look of an outfit. While I'm personally not fond of these Tom Ford shoes I can see why it works with this ensemble. But if Anne had worn something a bit more refined the whole outfit's vibe would have changed. As for the gown itself, I love the 'sleeves' on it, they remind me of really classy garbage bags (or similarly it reminds me of a black, "garbage-bag like," skirt that Keira Knightley wore in Vogue for a shoot in Africa a few years back.)! I do appreciate that Anne's mixing up the looks while promoting the film, it makes it more fun seeing what she'll wear if it isn't predictable.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2014, anne, april, hathaway