How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-07-2006
fashion icon

Yes, she does not speak greek, although that was one condition in her mother's will.
She decided to get married, so she could leave her fathers house. He was opposite to that marrige....

22-07-2006
front row

But once she was 18 she could leave anyway, right? She was an independant adult she didn't need his permission.

23-07-2006
fashion icon

She could leave when she was 21 i think, because then she could get the supervision of ALL her property...! Not really sure though

23-07-2006
front row

she speaks a couple of languages, I believe English, French, Italian, Portuguese and one or two more. It's been reported that she has a great ease at learning languages the same way her grandfather could, she doesn't speak greek but understands a lot of the laungage, greek it's a very hard language to learn and she didn't start learning it when she was little so it's harder to learn as you get older....
half of the Onassis money it's in a trusted organization that's run by a board, in order for Athina to get the money she needs to learn how to speak Greek, which she still taking lessons for, that is the requirement in order for her to get all the money because she then would be in complete charge of all the organizations of the Onassis family.

V.I.P.

i really wish her good luck and i hope she lives a better life than both her mother and grandfather.
and that her marriage will last

23-07-2006
V.I.P.

here some pictures i found

source: novomilenio

source:
ronmwangaguhunga

source: diezminutos.wanadoo
this is of 6months after marriage, so its a recent one, she looks great!

source:panorama.it

source: maxima.pt
here one with her mom Christina

source:
brasil.business-opportunities.biz

source: ziua.net

source: aguaron.net

23-07-2006
|/mirror queen\|

The whole story seems pretty depressing...

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofialuv
The whole story seems pretty depressing...
Indeed. Hope she could find long lasting happiness!

Last edited by PradaBoy; 23-07-2006 at 03:28 PM.
24-07-2006
trendsetter

I love Athina. I think Doda is really good for her. Since she got involved with him, she has been a freer sort of person than ever before. Her dad had a way of suppressing her spirit, I believe. She is so lucky she found Doda because she could have easily fallen for the wrong guy with all the guys out there who would just love to get their hands on that gold mine.

24-07-2006
V.I.P.

She seems so normal and down-to-earth.

Not the least arrogant or bitchy. It doesn't look like she even pays alot of attention to her fortune.

But satisfaction brought it back
24-07-2006
front row

you know I was very skeptical about Doda first, I used to see him around a lot at horse events in Monaco when he was with his first wive. I only saw Athina with Doda once but he was very affecionate with her, I really hope that he truly loves her and that he gives her the happiness that she deserves.

trendsetter

I wonder what kind of process it is for the Onassis board to decide if Athina will be the foundation prez or not, and if they already held their "vote" or if they are still discussing it, or if it's in litigation or something like that. She was 21 in January, but the decision might be a very long process, who knows.
She might still be under consideration if she is really showing a desire to learn the business. She has shown that there is hope, by changing her name and also by changing her represented country (in competitions) from France to Greece. She also renewed her Greek passport. She is training with the Avlona team, Greece's Olympic show jumping team, for China in 2008.These are good signs, but the board may still be acting against her for their own interests. They have always been working against her, I believe, just like her father. No one is really interested in Athina's best interests, except perhaps Doda. He's the only one I believe even *might* be her true ally where the money is concerned.

24-07-2006
front row

^ well first off she needs to learn to speak greek in order to even be consider to gain access to the trust and organizations and therefore the rest of the Onassis fortune. though most of the things she has access to already she's been selling...

from hello magazine
Athina Onassis has decided to sell the Paris home where she spent much of her childhood. In a move that many hope will draw a line under her family's tragic legacy, the 23-year-old heiress has put her mother's spectacular Avenue Foch penthouse on the market.

The 10-million apartment, where her mum Christina lived as a newlywed, is an integral part of the Onassis' family's history. Athina's legendary grandfather Aristotle, the man who built the dynasty's vast fortune, bought the 15-room residence in the Sixties when he was at the height of his financial power. With its breathtaking views of the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower, it provided the romantic setting for his meetings with opera star Maria Callas and John F Kennedy's widow Jackie.

It was also there that the shipping magnate spent his final days before being taken to the American Hospital in nearby Neuilly-sur-Seine, where he died on March 15, 1975. When Athina was born ten years later her mother, by then owner of the property, began lavishing every luxury on her little girl. A three-room suite decorated with 500,000 of gold leaf was specially installed, complete with toys including a diamond-studded rocking horse and mini Rolls Royce.

Number 88 Avenue Foch is also steeped in painful memories, however. The young Athina was lying in her bed when she heard her mother's voice for the last time. Christina called to say goodnight from a hotel room in Buenos Aires just hours before succumbing to an overdose.

Ever since she turned 18 three years ago Athina has been working hard to put her family's sad legacy behind her. Her mother's villa in St Moritz has already been sold, along with the 5-million Monet masterpiece that once hung in Avenue Foch. Now happily married to Brazilian showjumper Alvaro Alfonso de Mirando Neto, the much talked-about heiress seems determined to step back from the jetset lifestyle previous generations of the dynasty were known for.

front row

http://www.onassis.gr/english/estate/index.php if you want to read about the trust board that Christina, Athina's mother left.

fashion icon

She doent even speak greek, how could she get access to the trust and organizations? You know Onassis Foundation is not a simple "job".

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
athina, onassis, roussel