How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-09-2005
rising star

Athina Onassis Roussel
The website www.athinaonassis.net
has a lot of information about her, with pics and a page about her style. There's not much in the fashion section yet but it's a relatively new site. Much more is in the works for this site. right now there are some pretty cool D&G sunglasses that Athina wore in June at an equestrian event. She's not really a "fashionista" like Charlotte Casiraghi but her fashions have come a long way from what they were when she was in school. It will be interesting to see her develop her style over time, I think.

15-09-2005
backstage pass

Wasn't she going to marry her 30-something yr. old boyfriend sometime this year?

15-09-2005
rising star

the wedding date is supposedly December 2005

27-09-2005
rising star

D&G sunglasses
Athina wearing D&G sunglasses, source: abaca
Attached Images
File Type: jpg athinadg.jpg (49.1 KB, 874 views)

05-12-2005
backstage pass

Well she did it..not without controversy. Her dad was snubbed at the wedding. either he wasn't invited or he didn't show. Everytime I look at that youg girl..I feel sad for her. she's doomed to be like her mom. I give it 2 years:

Onassis weds Brazilian Olympian
Athina Onassis, the granddaughter the late shipping magnate Aristotle, has wed a Brazilian show jump champion in a lavish wedding in Brazil.

The 20-year-old billionaire is now officially Mrs Alvaro Alfonso de Miranda Neto.

The couple were married in the immaculately manicured grounds of an art museum in Sao Paulo, where security was extremely tight.

Guests were issued with photo ID cards, complete with bar codes, and required to pass through metal detectors.

Once inside, they enjoyed French cuisine and, in all, 1,000 bottles of champagne.

The couple asked guests to make a donation to charity in lieu of a wedding present.

Doda, as the 32-year-old groom is known, is a bronze medallist from the 2004 Sydney Olympics.

He has a six-year-old daughter from his previous relationship with Brazilian fashion model Sibele Dorsa, whom he never married.

Doda met Athina at an equestrian centre in Belgium two years ago.

Athina is the daughter of French businessman Thierry Roussel and Christina Onassis - the offspring of Aristotle Onassis, who died in 1975, and his first wife Athina Livranos.

Aristotle Onassis' son Alexander died in a 1973 plane crash.

Christina Onassis died from a heart attack in Buenos Aires in 1988, leaving Athina as the sole heiress of an estimated $3 billion fortune.

Doda has agreed to sign a prenuptial agreement.

- BBC

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html

05-12-2005
backstage pass

Here is a stalkarazzi picture of the wedding as well as a sketch of her dress by Valentino.... The dress is gorgeous! (from JJB )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg athina.jpg (16.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg haapukuTM_vi.jpg (65.7 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by shalu; 05-12-2005 at 04:46 PM.
05-12-2005
backstage pass

WOW!!!! That is some dress!!!!!!!! It has Valentino written all over it. He doens't play! Why isn't there a thread on wedding dresses?

05-12-2005
backstage pass

Here she is with her husband, the picture is old from before they married (from google images):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jpeg-1pxy2946-20050222-img_8205300_onlineBild.jpg (5.7 KB, 791 views)

05-12-2005
V.I.P.

What's her relationship with her father currently? Are they estranged?

05-12-2005
backstage pass

Yes, supposedly Athina fought with her father for control of her money and won (I think). He is not the most scrupulous person though as he had multiple affairs with other women while married to Athina's mother, Christina and finally left her for his mistress. Christina was so desperate for him that she even paid for a house for him and his mistress nearby so that she could still see him (along with a multi-million dollar divorce settlement) and even begged him for another child even after he left her. It's quite a sad story... I really hope Athina doesn't head down the same path.

05-12-2005
fashion icon

I wish them both happiness and really hope for Athina to have a fulfilling life...

08-12-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalu
Yes, supposedly Athina fought with her father for control of her money and won (I think). He is not the most scrupulous person though as he had multiple affairs with other women while married to Athina's mother, Christina and finally left her for his mistress. Christina was so desperate for him that she even paid for a house for him and his mistress nearby so that she could still see him (along with a multi-million dollar divorce settlement) and even begged him for another child even after he left her. It's quite a sad story... I really hope Athina doesn't head down the same path.
Yeah, she sued Thierry for the power of attorney that he had tricked her into signing away after her 18th birthday. There was a settlement out of court, so I guess no one really "won," so to speak. She forked over a lump sum and had the power of attorney restored to herself.
For info about athina, the athinaonassis.net site doesn't work anymore. it moved to http://athina.casiraghitrio.com
IT's been updated to include the news and pics from the wedding.

22-06-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
MONTE CARLO, MONACO - JUNE 22: Alvaro Affonso de Miranda Neto (L), Athina Onassis Roussel (C), and Rodrigo Pessoa (R) attend the International Monte Carlo Jumping competition on June 22, 2006 in Monte Carlo, Monaco

22-06-2006
fashion elite

she doesn't seem to have amazing style to me......but boy is she rich! She's a very good equestrienne which I can respect.

22-06-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
feel sad for her. she's doomed to be like her mom. I give it 2 years:
I don't think she'll be like her mom. She seems like a very down-to-earth girl. Not spoiled or vain or bratty...

Some kind of dad she has though.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
athina, onassis, roussel