Bee Shaffer - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
05-06-2006
trendsetter

I think Bee is pretty but she's two years younger than I am and looks about a decade older! She looks like she's trying so hard to be mature and sophisticated but she's a young girl and she should look like a young girl. She always looks so serious and her column is so pretentious! The one where she discusses how to choose her gown for the costume institute ball and she gives this absolutely pointless anecdote about when she helped zip her mother up for the same party ten years ago. Uhm, okay? Plus, more than half the article is just a list of direct qoutes from fashion industry types. I know that Bee does have a facebook profile (and on Gawker.com today they posted a picture from it where she's smoking with a friend) but I doubt she'll add anyone she doesn't already know.

05-06-2006
V.I.P.

Yes, she has a little way to go to get it all figured out but she has all the raw material and access to ideas! I think her ample hips really take away from her having a more sleek look and I would guess a lot of the Anna sort of clothes wouldn't fit her too well, but she is very pretty and smart so she may blossom very nicely!! And, BTW, pictures of her Mom from teen days are not very impressive, either- she was a dedicated Mod Swinging London Chick!!!

09-06-2006
backstage pass

She is very very beautiful, and I like her style.

12-07-2006
you set the scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer
Yes, she has a little way to go to get it all figured out but she has all the raw material and access to ideas! I think her ample hips really take away from her having a more sleek look and I would guess a lot of the Anna sort of clothes wouldn't fit her too well, but she is very pretty and smart so she may blossom very nicely!! And, BTW, pictures of her Mom from teen days are not very impressive, either- she was a dedicated Mod Swinging London Chick!!!
She isn't a work in progress. She looks fine. And who wants her to wittle down to look like her mother (one Anna is enough to go around!).

07-04-2007
V.I.P.

Bee Shaffer
I searched and couldn't find a thread on Bee Shaffer

I love her classic style and classic look People say she's too "safe" well some people do prefer more classic and clean choices as apposed to outhere styles. I love her style because even though its not orginal its something very classy and appeals to the general public. I think shes gorgeous. SHe has a classic face. People compare her to Julia Restoin Roitfeld a lot but they are two different people. And I find Bee more classically gorgeous as apposed to Julias unconventional beauty. :p I don't have any pics atm because I'm on my uncles computer but anyone who has please post I know some people don't like her but she does have some cool cred in her I think

07-04-2007
fashion elite

I have to say i am one of the people that find her boring

V.I.P.

Ahh..Shes gorgeous but boring thats what people say :gonk: but I love her shinyy hair.. when Anna Wintour was younger she was lot more prettier and chicer than Bee but I still love Bee

03-07-2007
boop

I thought Bee was really one of the belles of the Costume Institute Gala. She looked radiant in her Nina Ricci and I think Theyskens (while genius and adorable) is a hard designer to pull off but she wears his work with aplomb - I recall seeing her in Rochas as well.

I like her look. Overall I think she has the same kind of All American good looks Hilary Rhoda has. There is something very preppy and Connecticut about her. Even if she wasn't Anna Wintour's daughter you'd still think she came from a good East Coast family. Thats just the vibe I get from her. I love her long thick hair and perfect skin.

Image Credit | Style.com & Corbis

Last edited by Luxx; 03-07-2007 at 01:59 AM.
03-07-2007
boop

I enjoyed her CFDA outfit as well. Anyone who wears Giambattista Valli and wears it well is tops in my book. I thought it was cute how she and Anna coordinated their ensembles. The look isn't earth shattering but I think its a very attractive dress and it works well for her. Quite ladylike, almost retro the way she's wearing it.

2007 CFDA Awards

Image Credit | ViewImages, Style.com & Corbis

V.I.P.

Thanks luxx.!!!!!!!!!!
.it seems like people cant accept other people who have simple styles as apposed tu edgyy

03-07-2007
boop

^ I think sometimes its harder to do a simple look - especially when trends dictate otherwise. Restraint is seldom found in fashion circles but Bee appears to be doing her own thing which I like and it suits her. I just wish there were more pictures of her

Zac Posen F/W 07 Show

Image Credit | Style.com & Getty

boop

Bee is in Paris taking in couture week! I love how fresh she looks at Dior. She and Sofia Coppola are my best dressed for that show. They both looked so ladylike and darling.

DiorF/W Haute Couture 08

Image Credit | Park Avenue Peerage

Fashionably Late

I think she is adorable. If you have checked out Perez Hilton's website lately, he is OBSESSED with her. It is pretty funny.

09-07-2007
windowshopping

how old is she??

09-07-2007
Fashionably Late

^ I think she is like 19 or 20?

I found this article on her: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/m...05/efbee05.xml

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bee, shaffer