How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-11-2011
trendsetter

Ben has joined the cast on the New Bond 23 film, Skyfall. No word yet on who he will be playing though.

03-11-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Wonderful! I loved him in Bright Star. I'm not crazy about Daniel Craig as bond but with Ben and Javier Bardem perhaps this one will be more tolerable.

25-11-2011
trendsetter

Ben's role in Skyfall has been confirmed. He's the new Q! Brilliant!

30-06-2012
fashion insider

Richard II is on and he's giving such a wonderful and brave performance as the King. It's not contrived at all and it is simply effortless and he's set the bar high for the other Shakespeare plays part of the Hollow Crown series that are to follow.
Posted via Mobile Device

30-06-2012
tfs star

So glad he has a thread here! I've been a fan of his for a while.

13-07-2012
fashion insider

I walked past him today and had a mini freak out internally and externally. He's so small and his hair is as wonderful as it appears in pictures.

A picture of him as Q has been released on the Empire website and he looks very appropriately dressed.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=34557
Posted via Mobile Device

01-11-2012
V.I.P.

He is also in Cloud Atlas

01-11-2012
tfs star

He and Naomie are the main reasons I want to see Skyfall.

01-11-2012
fashion icon

^Same here (and because I love that Adele is singing the theme song...which sounds fantastic). Ben's such a talented actor, it's always a thrill to see him on the screen. I'm also looking forward to the second season of The Hour, his portrayal of Freddie is at once lovable and obnoxious, so great!

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
^Same here (and because I love that Adele is singing the theme song...which sounds fantastic). Ben's such a talented actor, it's always a thrill to see him on the screen. I'm also looking forward to the second season of The Hour, his portrayal of Freddie is at once lovable and obnoxious, so great!
Well, hello there, soulmate. I would just like to take this post and say ditto. I'm super excited for The Hour. And I love, Freddie! He's such a lovable a-hole. Particularly in juxtaposition to Dominic's hatable a-holeness.

02-11-2012
fashion icon

^Ahh...you have such great taste in television shows! I feel like I'm the only one I know who watches The Hour, it sort of feels a bit underrated (at least here in America). The whole cast for The Hour is fantastic, and I'm a little bit in love with Bel's wardrobe. And I love how well Ben and Romola Garai work together, they play their characters and their complex relationship so well.

Part of an interview with Ben...
Quote:
Whishaw, like Garai, was drawn to the character as written by Morgan. "Freddie is one of those characters you'd like to be more like, in real life. We're similar in that we're both a bit obsessive, but he's braver, bolder. He has absolute courage in his convictions. He's not a saint, but at the centre of him is something very admirable. I think it would be lovely to have that conviction, that very clear belief structure. I guess I wish I had that." Whishaw has a whimsical, meandering way of talking, and a tendency to start stories that don't go anywhere. (On clothes: "I once had a pair of jeans I really liked. I loved them, they were perfect! And then they fell apart and, um, well I didn't buy another pair.") His ideal day off, he says, would be wandering around the markets and flower markets in east London, where he lives. "I like to sort of drift about."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-rad...hour-1950s-bbc

tfs star

He is like number one on my stalk list in London.

02-11-2012
fashion insider

The Hour is back on Wednesday 14th November. I have to admit I haven't watched any episodes but I will start watching it because Ben is just so brilliant. The guy is so underrated which is why I'm glad the likes of Spielberg are noticing him now.

03-11-2012
windowshopping

Ben Whishaw - Bright Star
With Ben Whishaw in two prominent movies at the moment (Skyfall and Cloud Atlas), I wanted to post this video of him in one of my favourite movies and his best role to date - Bright Star.

Love to hear you thoughts on both him and his acting past and present.

03-11-2012
tfs star

he was so amazing in Perfume [his breakout role i believe]

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ben, whishaw