How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-05-2013
clever ain't wise

Bill Skarsgård
Yep, the new Skarsgård on the block. He's now in Hemlock Grove....

He is not as tall as his brother, but on the other hand he is considerably more James Dean.

source: hollywoodreporter, poncy.blog, fashionisto
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fashionisto.jpg (101.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg bill_hollywoodreporter.jpg (120.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg bill_poncy_blogg.jpg (69.1 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 04-05-2013 at 08:36 AM.

04-05-2013
clever ain't wise

He is featured in the April issue of Interview:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMartin@Interview
"I literally don't have a home," says Bill Skarsgård, when asked where he's based. The 22-year-old Stockholm-born actor is currently holed up in Los Angeles taking meetings when we speak on the phone, but he's poised to soon take up residence in the pop-culture firmament. Skarsgård is one of the stars of Hemlock Grove, the new Netflix drama series about a Pennsylvania town beset upon by vengeful, shadowy creatures. In the show, he plays the troubled son of a wealthy family who strikes up a friendship with a werewolf, based on their mutual appreciation of the dark side. "[My character is] like the prince of this town, and he's self-destructive because he hates himself for it," Skarsgård explains. "He struggles not to act on his urges." Skarsgård is a scion himself, a member of the Swedish Skarsgård acting dynasty. His father is Stellan (Breaking the Waves [1996], among many others) and his brother is Alexander (the prolifically nude vampire of HBO's True Blood). Bill got his start at the age of 9, when Alexander suggested that he play his little brother in the Swedish thriller White Water Fury (2000), which led to steady and varied work. "I played a guy with Asperger's syndrome; then I played this insecure 17-year-old in the '70s, then a young man who came of age in the '40s during WWII," he says. "That's how I want my career to progress—to be versatile is what I'm striving for." Creatures of the night are, of course, very hot at the moment, but Skarsgård says Hemlock is a different beast. "My agent pitched it as a vampire-werewolf thing, and I said, ‘Oh, come on, I don't want to do that.' Then I got the script and couldn't stop reading it." The show is no True Blood. "It's nasty and disturbing more than sexy," he says of the series, which is directed by slasher king Eli Roth. "It's about this town and these people. Saying that it's about werewolves would be like calling The Walking Dead a zombie show." Although Skarsgård doesn't seek advice from his father—"I want my performances to be mine," he says—he has been glad to have Alexander's counsel about L.A. "He was worried about me coming here and thinking I'd get jobs. He said, ‘Don't get your hopes up.' Then I'm here for a month and a half and I got this amazing part, which is kind of ridiculous. I'm super-****ing-lucky," he says. "Now I just have to get another job." And maybe an apartment.
http://www.interviewmagazine.com/film/bill-skarsgard#_

04-05-2013
clever ain't wise

He has pretty good natural fashion sense, it seems....

source:zimio

04-05-2013
trendsetter

I watched all the episodes of Hemlock Grove, which was not terrific although oddly addicting. Bill's got some hurdles to climb as an actor, but at least he's mighty fine to look at. I curious to see some of his swedish films like Behind Blue Skies and Simple Simon because he's probably more at ease in his native language.

Last edited by crimsonlakes; 04-05-2013 at 01:03 PM.
04-05-2013
windowshopping

Simple Simon is an amazing little film, and I believe it's still up in parts on YT w/ subs. Defo check it out if interested in him, he does a great job with that character!

04-05-2013
trendsetter

He's Buscemi around the eyes, Kate Moennig everywhere else. Haven't finished HG yet but I'm liking it so far. Definitely want to check out his other film.

V.I.P.

Never seen his acting but with those looks, of course he was going to land a role within a month in LA!.. he's divine.. now just waiting for a thread on my favorite Skarsgård (Gustaf!).

clever ain't wise

^Gustaf is a fine actor....that is for sure. I must say Stellan has some great genes. And....lots of sons. Seven so far if I understand things right.

Looks wise Bill is my fave...

05-05-2013
V.I.P.

Finally a thread for my favourite Skarsgård.

13-06-2013
V.I.P.

I love Bill's brooding look. All the Skarsgaard are great actors. I really want to check out more of Bill's work besides Hemlock Grove, which is so cheesy.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Love his character in HG! Especially season 2.
He is a beautiful man too...if acting doesn't work out for him, I'm sure he'd be able to make a career as a model (might be a bit too tall tho :/ )

Last edited by foreverandnone; 1 Week Ago at 01:52 AM.
1 Week Ago
windowshopping

I recently started watching Hemlock Grove, I agree about it being addicting to watch even though it's not mindblowingly good. But Bill is SO fine, I thought Alex was the most attractive brother but Bill has taken that place for me!

****yeahbillskarsgard

1 Week Ago
rising star

He is better looking than Alex was at this age so safe to assume he will be even hotter than Alex when he enters his 30's.

I like his style so far. When you're as tall as he at 6'4 you can't go wrong really.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

He seems so incredibly humble considering who he's related to.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
skarsgård