How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-05-2011
V.I.P.

HQs - Chanel Collection Croisiere Show in Cap d'Antibes, France - May 9, 2011

tlfan

10-05-2011
front row

I love that picture of her and Peter Marino. More than her looks, I think people are really really drawn to her because of her personality, reports from the shows were that the crowd gathered round her. And you know Karl Lagerfeld and Anna don't just take to anyone. What a sweetie!

10-05-2011
fashion elite

A lot of people say that that skirt is too short, and maybe it is, but if Blake whit their legs doesn't wear it.. who can?

10-05-2011
tfs star

i don't want to be judgemental or rude or anything. i don't know this girl personally so i don't have anything against her. but i simply can't understand why she's getting so much attention from the fashion industry, and especially karl lagerfeld/chanel. she always comes across "dressed up" and therefore quite uncomfortable rather than being natural. just my opinion.

10-05-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
she always comes across "dressed up" and therefore quite uncomfortable rather than being natural. just my opinion.
really?! i think the opposite. i think she always looks really at ease in whatever she is wearing and always looks so radiant. although i think sometimes she wears things that don't always flatter her, she oozes confidence!

10-05-2011
front row

She has a great body and I understand that she wants to show more. But she can't even walk with that skirt without using her clutch to cover! I like her last dress but I'ld like it even more if it was a little longer. And her hair is the same color as her face. That just looks wrong. :/ And I like her a lot. But I think these things just lessens her fun and bubbly personality.

10-05-2011
V.I.P.

I don't think she looks at ease in that skirt as she has to use her purse to hide her underwear when she is walking. When she is posing it is a little different as she can adjust everything first. That skirt length is just silly. It is too short. Add two inches, and it could be a nice look.

10-05-2011
V.I.P.

now that i've seen both outfit...i can't tell which one is worse..

10-05-2011
V.I.P.

That's one of her best looks - EXCEPT for the crazy (non) length of her skirt! I kind of blame Karl's team for this one - based on the outfit (head to toe chanel), she was clearly dressed by the Chanel team, and honestly, they should have thought a bit more about the length.

I feel like Blake is pretty naive about fashion - she hasn't got much innate style or elegance (not an insult to her, it's just that she's young, and up till recently wasn't exposed to high-end fashion) - and is in this stage of her life where she's clearly paying attention to trends, stylists (whether or not she has one, she obviously is familiar with them and is friends with many).

She's very much let herself be taken under the wing of major fashion players - but she hasn't got a strong enough sense of personal style to do anything other than act as a mannequin for what they choose for her. Hence faux pas such as that skirt.

10-05-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytrot View Post
That's one of her best looks - EXCEPT for the crazy (non) length of her skirt! I kind of blame Karl's team for this one - based on the outfit (head to toe chanel), she was clearly dressed by the Chanel team, and honestly, they should have thought a bit more about the length.

I feel like Blake is pretty naive about fashion - she hasn't got much innate style or elegance (not an insult to her, it's just that she's young, and up till recently wasn't exposed to high-end fashion) - and is in this stage of her life where she's clearly paying attention to trends, stylists (whether or not she has one, she obviously is familiar with them and is friends with many).

She's very much let herself be taken under the wing of major fashion players - but she hasn't got a strong enough sense of personal style to do anything other than act as a mannequin for what they choose for her. Hence faux pas such as that skirt.
I agree with everything you said. She's nothing more than a puppet, sadly enough.
I really really like the last outfit, if only the skirt were longer.

10-05-2011
front row

it looks like shes making love to everyone she stands next to. hahahah. its all so inappropriate. or maybe i need to get my mind out of the gutter. i lovvvve the yellow feathery dress that Clemency is wearing. the contrast against blake's darker outfit really makes u appreciate Chanel clothing. ooo la la wish i could get dressed by karl's team of genius.

10-05-2011
V.I.P.

Bad two outfits. I also can´t even chose what´s worser.

10-05-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytrot View Post

I don't necessarily agree because we have all seen Blake's "predilection" for showing off her boobs and legs. Before she became a "fashion icon" or whatever they are pushing her to be.

I do agree that they are dressing her in awful oufits that aren't her style and it shows.

10-05-2011
trendsetter

I find it hard to believe she is merely a doll for Karl to play dress up with. She can't be completely blameless for what she's wearing. Yes, of course he sends her outfits. Yes, she probably feels obliged to wear whatever it is she's given and I'm sure it's every girls dream to have Chanel just handed to her on a plate (I'd be giddy too) but I genuinely find it hard to believe that if she didn't feel comfortable in something or felt it really wasn't her, she couldn't or wouldn't say. And if that's that's the case, that she just puts up and shuts up, then she's really taken a serious nose-dive in my estimation.

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 10-05-2011 at 05:35 PM.

10-05-2011
V.I.P.

I agree. She doesn't look uncomfortable at all. In fact, she looks quite confident.
I think Blake chooses what she wears. The girl isn't an idiot.
She knows what her best assets are and those are what she chooses to flaunt.

The most involvement Karl probably has is to suggest certain items, but you can tell it's all Blake or her stylist.
All of her looks are way too similar (short, tight, and/or frilly). It's just her style.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, april, blake, lively, september