How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-06-2011
backstage pass

That yellow is great for her but it only looks good in profile...? The straight-on pic is yet again the dress wearing her.

(And people really believe she styles herself?)

Last edited by lawaldorf; 10-06-2011 at 03:02 PM.

10-06-2011
backstage pass

She looked great in yellow But her eyebrows really "annoy" me! Haha, everytime I look at a close up, aarrhhh. lol

10-06-2011
fashion elite

The yellow dress looks even better on Blake, than on model

and i love her eyebrows a lot, they does look cute

Last edited by saann; 11-06-2011 at 09:55 AM. Reason: off topic conversation

10-06-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawaldorf View Post
(And people really believe she styles herself?)
Yes, i believe. She does represent herself as young, but very chic woman. And even if she take help from stylist, she looks love as usual. Some celebrities even stylist will not help, cause they don't have taste

Last edited by saann; 11-06-2011 at 09:55 AM. Reason: off topic

10-06-2011
rising star

Her eyebrows annoy me too. I think she would be more attractive if they were a better shape.

Love the Chloe and Tibi dresses. I hope she continues to dress like this, she needs some time away from Marchesa and Loubs...

10-06-2011
trendsetter

So I unsubbed from this thread, because I found myself thinking "Why am I here? I only follow her because of GG, and I never even watch that anymore (since abusegate). She has yet to impress me with Wintour-stamped approved style." So I unsubbed. Yet, I found myself missing this topic.

So, I'm back again. I guess even if she is blah, and tries too hard, is unfit for Chanel, and often disappoints, I apparently like her.

11-06-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post
^ Gorgeous Tibi Spring 2011 dress
that dress is wonderful!

11-06-2011
fashion elite

love that last yellow dress on, its a really hard one to pull off because of the colour and the lenght but she does it so well. This is how she should dress, I agree with everyone else.

11-06-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katya View Post
Yes, i believe. She does represent herself as young, but very chic woman. And even if she take help from stylist, she looks love as usual. Some celebrities even stylist will not help, cause they don't have taste
. Are you serious? Stylists will help. You just pay the fee . Just look at Blake.

11-06-2011
V.I.P.

here we go again.....

I don't get it: if it is a HIT, it's due the fact that she has a stylist, but when it's a MISS some people put all the blame on her.
so, could you please take one side?

11-06-2011
tfs star

I never really liked her as Serena Van Der Woodsen but with her recent scandal I looked up a few interviews with her and her real life personality seems to be much more like Serena from the book than the character in TV show.
Just thought I'd share an observation.

11-06-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvstratus View Post
here we go again.....

I don't get it: if it is a HIT, it's due the fact that she has a stylist, but when it's a MISS some people put all the blame on her.
Thank you. I personally dont understand why people find it that hard to believe that she doesnt have a stylist. I don't think she has a real stylist (like someone she pays etc.) but I do think she does have people who she bounces ideas off on e.g. Eric, Karl. Eric even says that as Serena's style is less stringent than Blair's - Blake has more input on what she wears on the show. This has obviously rubbed off on her. Remember that she joined GG, just as she was discovering her own style - so inevitably Serena's style sot of influenced her own style choices - and vice versa.

For big events, I'm sure they are people she calls for advice. With Chanel, I'm sure Karl has input on what she should wear but thats understandable.

11-06-2011
tfs star

I believe she styles herself. Why is it so hard to believe that some people actually enjoy doing their own shopping???

11-06-2011
trendsetter

I don't find it hard to believe she doesn't have a stylist. It's not like she has a very edgy or unique style. Most of what she wears is copied head to toe from the runway anyway.

12-06-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvstratus View Post
here we go again.....

Sure. She had a stylist AND she has a bad style. She has at least Karl, Anna and Eric Daman on her speed dial, but she prefers the bombshell image so her dresses are always showcasing her "assets". You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Her recent "hits" are ironically both outfits that covers up...

But anyways. I see now that I misunderstood the person I responded to. I thought she meant stylists wouldn't help actresses regardless of money, but she meant even having a stylist wouldn't help the celebrity's style because she has bad taste. And actually, that's EXACTLY what Blake is an example of.

It's such a shame that Eric Daman let Blake have influence over Serena's style. She has so bad taste. S1 Serena style was such a great juxtaposition to Blair's impeccable preppy style. Both girls had a unique both of view but since S2 all her clothes showcase are Serena's (Blake's) boobs. Just like with Blake.

Perhaps Blake haven't officially hired a stylist, but how can getting Anna Wintour, Karl Lagerfeld and/or Eric Daman's opinion be considered that she dresses herself completely likes she makes it sound like in her interviews?

Last edited by advo; 12-06-2011 at 09:50 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, april, blake, lively, september