How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

13-06-2011
V.I.P.

bad angle but I can appreciate the outfit. I like the look, it's quite chic (minus the hat). The shoes are Louboutin aren't they?

13-06-2011
V.I.P.

^Yeah. According to coolspotters, they're Christian Louboutin Pigalle Python Pumps:

coolspotters

13-06-2011
V.I.P.

more pics

Leaving Darby restaurant in New York City - June 12, 2011

tlfan

13-06-2011
V.I.P.

Her style has been impeccable!
Not a fan of those shoes though

13-06-2011
scenester

^ yh she really has stepped up her game. but then again her style during movie promo is always great - like last yr for The Town. I think I like the outfit, just wish there was a better picture of it. how can there only be one picture though. if they took pictures of her while she was walking then there should be a whole set of them.

13-06-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versace-Goddess View Post
premiere of her new movie in 2 days. so pictures on the way.
good news, i like her red carpet looks, as much, as i do casual

13-06-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
It's such a shame that Eric Daman let Blake have influence over Serena's style. She has so bad taste. S1 Serena style was such a great juxtaposition to Blair's impeccable preppy style. Both girls had a unique both of view but since S2 all her clothes showcase are Serena's (Blake's) boobs. Just like with Blake.
Well, it doesn't help that Damen has such a limited view of fashion himself (at least how fashion/style reveals character and motivation: the characters' styles haven't evolved since season 3. In anything, their styles have become more one-dimensional and stereotyped).

I used to be opposed to Blake having a hand in her wardrobe, but I'm reading a book about Audrey Hepburn's style and was reminded that Hepburn and Givenchy collaborated on several of her films. So what Blake is doing isn't unusual. That said, the difference is that both Hepburn and Givenchy were educated about style--in both its breadth and its depth and both understood how fashion tells a story. Whereas Damen has no idea what he's talking about most of the time (Blair's wardrobe is not, his oft-repeated word, "severe," nor is it anything like the Duchess of Windsor's or Jackie Kennedy's as he claims) and Blake just seems to like wearing clothes but doesn't get style.

13-06-2011
V.I.P.

Attending the 2011 Ghetto Film School Spring Benefit on June 13th at The Standard in New York City.

justjared

13-06-2011
V.I.P.

^ The fit is a little odd, but I like it otherwise...A bit of tailoring would have made it great! (And, BTW- How many women could pull off that look, anyway? Blake is one of the few who are not professional models, I would say...)

13-06-2011
front row

I totally agree. It seems as though the GG characters got locked in to looks without really evolving. I read the books back in mid 2000s, always thought his conception of both Blair & Serena OTT and not true to characters in book. Also his styling does not seem to have had a lasting cultural influence which says something.

Blake always looks good no matter what she wears yet I don't think she's as influential as the media portrays her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wild roses View Post
Well, it doesn't help that Damen has such a limited view of fashion himself (at least how fashion/style reveals character and motivation: the characters' styles haven't evolved since season 3. In anything, their styles have become more one-dimensional and stereotyped).

I used to be opposed to Blake having a hand in her wardrobe, but I'm reading a book about Audrey Hepburn's style and was reminded that Hepburn and Givenchy collaborated on several of her films. So what Blake is doing isn't unusual. That said, the difference is that both Hepburn and Givenchy were educated about style--in both its breadth and its depth and both understood how fashion tells a story. Whereas Damen has no idea what he's talking about most of the time (Blair's wardrobe is not, his oft-repeated word, "severe," nor is it anything like the Duchess of Windsor's or Jackie Kennedy's as he claims) and Blake just seems to like wearing clothes but doesn't get style.
Posted via Mobile Device

13-06-2011
V.I.P.

^ I love how her hair seems to have come back around- that honey base and the blonder highlights- Beautiful!!

13-06-2011
V.I.P.

Bad skirt in #428 (reminds me of non-existent skirt @Chanel cruise show) but her hair looks nice. The pleated skirt/blouse/hat look previous to this latest one is cuter imo.

13-06-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
Bad skirt in #428 (reminds me of non-existent skirt @Chanel cruise show) but her hair looks nice. The pleated skirt/blouse/hat look previous to this latest one is cuter imo.
hahaha yea that brings back nightmares....how do girls feel comfortable wearing such short skirts....i would feel totally exposed and afraid of the "what if's". i'm trying to figure out the logistics here...you'd have to sit down at specific angles. you'd have to make sure the cameras don't get too close. haha too much of an effort.

14-06-2011
front row

was this posted? http://popsu.gr/17797129

sorry i don't know how to embed videos.

14-06-2011
V.I.P.

I like the last look. she is glowing, but I think the skirt is a bit too short

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, april, blake, lively, september