How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-05-2011
tfs star

Well, there's no buzz for Green Lantern. I don't know anyone who is anticipating the film. And it opens the same month as X-Men: First Class and there is way more excitement for that film. GL and X-Men will probably be in competition with each other since they're both comic book films.

07-05-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroliiine View Post
Well, there's no buzz for Green Lantern. I don't know anyone who is anticipating the film. And it opens the same month as X-Men: First Class and there is way more excitement for that film. GL and X-Men will probably be in competition with each other since they're both comic book films.
Which is why I'm asking why she's not on magazine covers trying to create buzz. X-men is more well-known, doesn't mean there's no buzz for Green Lantern though.

07-05-2011
trendsetter

Maybe she's not doing interviews/covers because her publicist has realized we all have "Blake Lively fatigue."

I tried, but I don't care for her Met gown. I think I would have liked it if she had given it a "va-va-voom" factor like she usually does but she comes across as blah!bland!boring! instead.

07-05-2011
V.I.P.

I don't think Blake's people want Green Lantern to be one of her top promotional duties. It's a big movie and if it fails to live up to expectations, it will rest solely on Ryan Reynolds, but if she insists on being a co-lead with him in promoting this film...then that could negatively impact her. Either way, whether it's successful or not, she'll be okay because she's not playing the superhero. So, it's best she just hovers in the background.

08-05-2011
backstage pass

Saw this posted for Mother's Day, pictures of lookalikes who could be mother & daughter:

08-05-2011
backstage pass

^Hah, true! Although I don't think Martha's as bright and cheery as Blake.

09-05-2011
.my prison is your brain.

In Antibes for the Chanel Cruise show. At dinner last night

Cringing at her awkward side ponytail and facial expressions.

purepeople

09-05-2011
V.I.P.

she looks like she was trying to channel what Cyndi Lauper might look like in Chanel
the dress is cute, I just wish her hair was different

09-05-2011
trendsetter

She just doesn't seem to do anything effortlessly. It's so frustrating because she's a pretty girl, but it always looks like she's tried far to hard. She's somehow managed to make Chanel look like Marchesa, I mean how different would that dress look on someone like Audrey Tautou or Anna Mouglalis?

09-05-2011
V.I.P.

^Lol. I thought it was Marchesa too.
She looks cute, but she wore something similar to the last dinner.
And I agree, she does seem to try too hard. Not very effortless.

09-05-2011
V.I.P.

She looks beautiful and I love the dress....
She seems very happy and over the moon and she is just expressing that! don't see any problem with it!

09-05-2011
tfs star

Maybe I'm a little unimaginative but I just can't see how this dress would have ever worked for her-she doesn't need a fussy dress to make her look pretty.
I like the hair up because down she would have looked like a barbie doll, and a bun would have been a bit too ballerina.

09-05-2011
V.I.P.

i also thought it was Marchesa at first
don't like this at all

09-05-2011
front row

Not to pile on, but I am one of her most ardent defenders on here (and elsewhere), but this, I can't get behind. She could have lost the matching shrug and gone with a casual/messy updo and less makeup to perfect this look. But as it is she is looking overdressed. She also def needs to learn to be more poised when posing pictures. Smiling is good, but elegance is better. Still love her to death though!

Last edited by Fey Sommers; 09-05-2011 at 11:55 AM.

09-05-2011
fashion elite

Gorgeous dress on her! Her expression is ok, she just looks happy. I think this work here - smiling, for others it's annoying. Come on, she looks chic. Her hair is good to. No matter what, people just need to say anything bad about her (dress, hair, pose, face!)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, april, blake, lively, september