How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-05-2011
trendsetter

But, I'm sorry, the skirt is just incredibly short, she's showing off an awful lot and nearly a hell of a lot more! It's not even that length on the model, tights or no tights. I'm no prude and I'm all for experimenting with fashion and I know she's young but it just looks kind of cheap. I'll give her her dues though she's covered up her boobs this time. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Blake but I don't think she does herself any favours sometimes.

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 09-05-2011 at 02:05 PM.

09-05-2011
backstage pass

Before I start I want to say that I think, having watched her, that Blake is a genuinely nice girl. I don't come into people's threads to bash them. For awhile I've thought she was overrated everywhere outside the fashion circle and that she was only a big deal in America because of her looks/how she presents herself physically. But now, having seen that she didn't make any of this year's "hot" lists, and seeing how completely out of place she is in high fashion circles, I'm starting to wonder who exactly is forcing her into the media. I think it's really hurting her. Instead of letting her be what she is - a sweet typically pretty girl - they're trying to force her image as an award winning hottest of the hot fashion icon/actress. It doesn't seem to really be hurting her career (though the roles she has now were obtained after the first choice dropped out) but I feel like she's going to end up being the next Jessica Alba.

09-05-2011
trendsetter

I agree, she seems like a nice girl, but something is going way off brief with the way she's being presented. If she's after career as a 'serious' actor, and I thought she was good in The Town, she really needs to be careful, she is treading dangerously close to being pigeon-holed. She could easily do 'bombshell' in a slightly less, I can't think of the right word, Vegas way! lol

Anyway, another photo

hypegeo twitter

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 09-05-2011 at 02:27 PM.

09-05-2011
V.I.P.

sorry, but she makes Chanel look so trashy
that black outfit is even worse than the white dress

09-05-2011
fashion elite

Really like her second choice as well, she looks really great
Her skirt another perfect choice, i really think she is perfect and fresh for Chanel

09-05-2011
V.I.P.

WonDer why Karl chose her? I dont really see her fitting with the Chanel brand either. To me, she would be better in Michael Kors ads or something. She has that blonde glamazon look.

That black outfit does look better on the model, nothing against Blake. It just does.

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 09-05-2011 at 03:08 PM.

09-05-2011
backstage pass

You know what Blake would rock? Balmain. I know she's worn them once or twice. I'm surprised she hasn't worn them more, actually. Anyway- I meant no comparison to Diane or Vanessa in my last comment. I just feel like she's being presented as a lot of things she can't meet up to.

09-05-2011
fashion insider

In typical Blake Lively fashion, she shortened the original design again. Does she really like her skirts that short? So she can show off her fabulous legs? Good for her that she has a hot bod and wants to show it off all. the. time. But that outfit? Just looks tacky to me. Can't believe it's Chanel.

09-05-2011
V.I.P.

daylife

09-05-2011
front row

i wonder why they couldnt just make it classier? dont the people at Chanel, and when i say "people" i mean "Karl" oversee the fitting of their main girls? especially for such a huge event...wouldnt they have had some sort of rehearsal to make sure the skirt wasnt riding so far up her?? the outfit wouldve been great if the trashiness of it didnt steal away so much attention. and as far as the white dress goes...maybe it looked better in person? who knows. of the two americans: rachel and blake...rachel definitely looked a whole lot more stylish.

09-05-2011
V.I.P.

Never saw a clutch so strategically carried,

09-05-2011
V.I.P.

Karl has been doing this sort of thing for a while now- look back through the Chanel Show pictures in the early 90s, the hot pants and bikinis would pretty much get you arrested if you wore them out, and Claudia showed off as much boob and legs as Blake does, and they both do it well, I might add... It is not as if Blake is ruining the image of Chanel, and don't forget a fabric doesn't get used nor a scarf tied if Karl doesn't know of and approve it!!

09-05-2011
V.I.P.

I don't think Blake makes it look trashy, but it always looks too tight, too short, or too frilly on her.

A lot of it has to do with the looks she chooses.
There are some Chanel dresses that she's worn that weren't that bad,
like this one...even though it still looks too tight:

zimbio

09-05-2011
fashion insider

really like her outfit

09-05-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet87 View Post
I don't think Blake makes it look trashy, but it always looks too tight, too short, or too frilly on her.

A lot of it has to do with the looks she chooses.
There are some Chanel dresses that she's worn that weren't that bad,
like this one...even though it still looks too tight:
And that's why she almost always look tacky. The only Chanel outfit I've ever liked on her was this:

celebrityfashion

It looks even better on Blake and it suited her "sunny" personality.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, april, blake, lively, september