How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-09-2012
V.I.P.

I feel like she is such a random choice for Gucci...I just don't see how she fits with their other celeb model--Charlotte Casiraghi. I wonder if this was an Anna decision a la Chanel.

04-09-2012
fashion icon

^ Maybe Salma Hayek put in a suggestion at Gucci. They became close while filming Savages. I'm pretty sure Frida didn't just wake up one day and decide Blake Lively was going to be her new muse.

04-09-2012
rising star

I don't think she's random at all if you look at other celeb models like Evan Rachel Wood, Jennifer Lopez...

04-09-2012
V.I.P.

Random pick, favor from Salma, whatever! The girl got the gig and she's smoking hot, period.

04-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoedele View Post
I don't think she'll look good with shorter hair, her jaw is too angular imo.
I was thinking of a long bob, as in "below the shoulders", maybe cleaned up on the ends and a few inches off. Just wouldn't hurt her to try something different imo; I think she's always had this same hair as long as I've seen her, that's all.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 04-09-2012 at 11:14 PM.

05-09-2012
windowshopping

I was expecting a long gown, but I guess the party was more casual based on what everyone was wearing. I really like the color of Blake's dress, but I'm not thrilled with all the frou frou around the shoulders. She works it, though.

It's not the first time Gucci has used a young actress in their campaigns, and Frida Giannini seems to really like her (and I'm not sure she would be much more amenable to being told who to hire than Anna Wintour. ) From an interview earlier this year, before Blake had signed on:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...839112018.html

Quote:
Blake Lively. There are lots of new actresses out there but—how can I put this?—many of them look the same. Blake is really the only one who has this sophisticated newness and attitude.
A behind the scenes video for the commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmClJubkpmY

I like how she was outfitted in Gucci on the way out of Venice- and had someone else hold that big Chanel bag lol. The jacket is cool and it looks great with the men's shirt.

I don't think she'll be cutting her hair anytime soon. It gets a lot of love outside this room. And it's very versatile - she wears it in different braids, wavy, straight, up, down and in between. But she looks really good with it up so there's no reason a shorter style wouldn't work. I can see her with a shorter, wavy Cybill Shepherd-style cut someday.

05-09-2012
V.I.P.

UK MARIE CLAIRE OCTOBER 2012
Celeb: Blake Lively
Photographer: Txema Yeste
Source: glossynewsstand.tumblr.com

05-09-2012
V.I.P.

The second one is great! I love that dress

05-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
I was thinking of a long bob, as in "below the shoulders", maybe cleaned up on the ends and a few inches off. Just wouldn't hurt her to try something different imo; I think she's always had this same hair as long as I've seen her, that's all.
That style sounds great, I agree she needs to change her hair a bit.

07-09-2012
V.I.P.

Allure October 2012
source: glossynewsstand.tumblr.com

07-09-2012
V.I.P.

Blake Lively Out in New York - September 5

superiorpics

07-09-2012
scenester

She can't really change her hair because of Gossip Girl. Even for Green Lantern, she had to wait till the very last minute to dye it, and even then she had to wear a wig cos she couldnt dye it as black as they wanted her to. and even when she dyed her hair red; it was because she was done with shooting that season of GG.

Once her obligations with GG are over - I think she will experiment more.

But I agree it would be nice to see her with a different style. I really loved her as a brunette & would like to see her totally black/raven. And to see her with a shorter style (but not too short).

07-09-2012
V.I.P.

I love her photo-ops. They don't look spontaneous one bit. Not a fan of the hat with this outfit.

07-09-2012
V.I.P.

Love the latest look! the shoes and the purse are TDF!

07-09-2012
Soviet Camaro

Another disastrous hat choice. The top and the, uh, jeggings look good on her, though.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, 2012, 2014, blake, january, june, lively, post, posting, rules, thread