How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

12-01-2013
tfs star

She should turn herself into a Sophie Dahl type home cook, have a sweet little tv cooking show. Nothing too OTT. It seems like her heart is in food

13-01-2013
trendsetter

Ed Westwick also doesn't have any new projects lined up either.

Quote:
It's only a mistake if her number one goal is a high profile acting career. That's not the path to happiness for everyone.
Exactly! She seems extremely passionate in interviews about opening her own restaurant and Martha Stewart. Never about acting. Even her interest in fashion has faded somewhat.

13-01-2013
fashion insider

I'm not particularly worried about her career and I think she'll get roles if she wants to get them. I mean Blake is the one who managed to get Nicolas Winding Refn to direct her Gucci advert, get Oliver Stone to change the narrative of his film for her and pretty much everyone she meets becomes smitten with her. Sometimes charm is more important than how much talent you have and she has ability to charm everyone she meets.

13-01-2013
windowshopping

Is it really a fact that Blake got Nicholas to direct the Gucci vid?

I always felt like her career was very "forced". She obviously had a very aggressive/hungry crew around her, she is well connected through her family being in the business, and to be honest I've felt like most of the things she's done, both on screen and advertising have been miscastings.

Just to be clear, I don't KNOW how things are in reality, but this has always been my impression. I feel like if she had staked out her own course more, maybe she'd be more passionate about the things she's done. I just never bought the whole Blake being a new fashion icon in the making and so on, so many things evolving around her seemed forced and just not authentic. I hope if she does stay in the game, that she takes her image and choices more into her own hands. Just my opinions- not the universal truth

13-01-2013
tfs star

I absolutely agree, it seemed like she was being pushed so hard as a new "it" girl and the truth is, she just doesn't have "it". You know, the Meryl Streep formula. She seems like a really pleasant, happy girl, it would be nice to see her in her own element.

14-01-2013
windowshopping

She received respectable notices from most of the major critics that reviewed Savages. Universal reportedly didn't want the 'O' character to be similar to 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,' whatever that means. Most of the humor in the book was left out of the film, and Uma Thurman's scenes as O's mother were cut out entirely. Blake said she wanted the character to be strong, but I'm not sure what she had to work since most of O's scenes revolve around her two boyfriends and being held hostage.

How many actresses do their own nude scenes these days? She had a body double so presumably they could have used her. (I would rather see Aaron, anyway. )

I haven't been keeping tabs on the other GG cast members, but I wouldn't be surprised if they take some time off. It's risky, but what's the alternative? It's not like there are tons of great parts out there, especially for women. Do you take on questionable projects just to keep your exposure up and risk getting a rep as an actor who makes bad movies (as if GG wasn't bad enough), or do you lie low and hold out for something better? It's not like it's a piece of cake for TV actors to make the transition to film and 'shake' the characters they played for years. Staying out of the public eye for awhile is a viable option, especially if you have other things you want to do.

I don't know how much Blake had to do with getting Refn on board for the Gucci advert, but he's got enough of a career that he could have said 'no' if he didn't want to do it and he had kind words for her in the behind-the-scenes vid.

I'm sure she had an advantage growing up around the business, but her sister Robyn has been acting forever and is talented, imo, but she's had a low key career. From what I understand, the producer for the Sisterhood movies takes credit for 'discovering' Blake (along with Anne Hathaway and some others).

Her interest in fashion seems legit (though maybe not as intense as her interest in food ), whether one likes her style or not. She said it was stoked by being on GG and having access to that world. I think she was making the most of her opportunities, which is what any smart person in her position would have done. She's said when she has kids she won't have as much time to think about clothes.

22-01-2013
V.I.P.

ELLE INTERNATIONAL EDITIONS - JANUARY 2013
Source: glossynewsstand.tumblr.com

22-01-2013
tfs star

Gorgeous. That Gucci dress looks great on the cover, even though it was worn to death last year.

05-02-2013
backstage pass

Daily Mail

05-02-2013
V.I.P.

i like this and it so good to see finally something from her.

05-02-2013
V.I.P.

She looks really pretty, and the look works she looks chic yet comfortable

05-02-2013
V.I.P.

Finally new pics! Love this look, chic and casual!she looks beautiful

06-02-2013
V.I.P.

Leaving a meeting In Midtown Manhattan - February 4, 2013

tlfan.to

06-02-2013
V.I.P.

tlfan.to

06-02-2013
fashion icon

finally some new photos of her. and she looks stunning!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, 2012, 2014, blake, january, june, lively, post, posting, rules, thread