How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-02-2013
V.I.P.

A bit boring, too much brown.

06-02-2013
V.I.P.

^ Agree too much brown. Cute coat though.

09-02-2013
front row

Seriously, what happened to her? She went from being one of the most overexposed and overhyped celebrities, to disappearing off the face of the earth completely once she got with Ryan. Starting to think the blind items regarding her and RR's marriage might have a hint of truth to them after all...

09-02-2013
V.I.P.

I always thought that without GG several of the actors would fade away, but I never thought Blake would be one of them... What blind items were you referring to?

09-02-2013
fashion icon

I'm not surprised her career has taken a turn for the worse. GG was not popular by the end of its run. I don't think many people watched the final season and Blake's movies tend to be flops. So, it's not any wonder she doesn't have much a career anymore. If she's smart then she'll work the PR circuit for a while to garner interest in her again otherwise, I don't think we'll be seeing much of her work for a long while.

09-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I always thought that without GG several of the actors would fade away, but I never thought Blake would be one of them... What blind items were you referring to?
There are a few blinds out there that suggest Ryan is a very possessive and jealous partner who essentially doesn't want Blake to have a career, and is encouraging her to focus on being a good wife to him instead of being an actress. The blinds say the reason she's fading is because her new husband is doing everything he can to make her fade.

09-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineJane View Post
There are a few blinds out there that suggest Ryan is a very possessive and jealous partner who essentially doesn't want Blake to have a career, and is encouraging her to focus on being a good wife to him instead of being an actress. The blinds say the reason she's fading is because her new husband is doing everything he can to make her fade.
I think those blind items are really silly...only my two cents of course, but I don't think her lack of projects has anything to do with her husband. Maybe she simply hasn't found the right role or she enjoys being only a wife for now...

Last edited by Dea1983; 09-02-2013 at 06:11 PM.

09-02-2013
tfs star

She's not new anymore so people aren't taking chances on her. She's had five years since Gossip Girl to prove she has actual talent and hasn't delivered. Meanwhile, in the same timespan, there are actresses like Rooney Mara, Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone, Lizzie Olsen, etc. that are delivering amazing performances in leading roles. Why take a chance on Blake when you have a proven actress?

And although Gossip Girl restricted her schedule, that didn't stop Shailene Woodley from getting an Oscar nomination last year and landing the lead in a new YA franchise. I'd argue that Shailene had even more hurdles because she was on a show that didn't even give her fashion exposure the way Gossip Girl did for Blake.

09-02-2013
V.I.P.

You have got to be kidding!? GG ended not even ended one year ago, and she just got married and her career epitaph is already written? One minute she has the paps on speed dial, now her career is over. Totally hilarious.

Last edited by Aoedele; 09-02-2013 at 09:25 PM.

10-02-2013
fashion elite

I do not know why she is not acting at the moment to be honest - whether it is her wish to be a good stay-at-home-wife, enjoy her new freedom, not wanting to act or if it is the fact that nobody is hiring her and she gets no jobs. I do not know but I am astonished that she stopped working after GG finished - she does not run any risk of becoming the next Julia Roberts or Meryl Streep so she will never be stressed out by her work schedule and honestly around her age she would probably be well advised to show some acting skills - but then maybe she is imagining herself as simply Mrs. Reynolds, which is not the worst thing that could happen à la Jennifer Garner as Mrs. Affleck! Guess, it depends on what you aim for!

10-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoedele View Post
You have got to be kidding!? GG ended not even ended one year ago, and she just got married and her career epitaph is already written? One minute she has the paps on speed dial, now her career is over. Totally hilarious.
GG's end date has nothing to do with it. Blake hasn't had a project lined up since she was fired from The Bitter Pill/Side Effects in January 2012. She has nothing in pre-production, nothing in development. She is attached to literally nothing. That is very strange for a working actress, especially one who was so buzzed and hyped about (some would say undeservedly so).

Last edited by JacquelineJane; 10-02-2013 at 02:47 AM.

10-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomarlushka View Post
I do not know why she is not acting at the moment to be honest - whether it is her wish to be a good stay-at-home-wife, enjoy her new freedom, not wanting to act or if it is the fact that nobody is hiring her and she gets no jobs. I do not know but I am astonished that she stopped working after GG finished - she does not run any risk of becoming the next Julia Roberts or Meryl Streep so she will never be stressed out by her work schedule and honestly around her age she would probably be well advised to show some acting skills - but then maybe she is imagining herself as simply Mrs. Reynolds, which is not the worst thing that could happen à la Jennifer Garner as Mrs. Affleck! Guess, it depends on what you aim for!
In Jennifer Garner's defense she's given birth to three kids within a seven year span so I guess being a full time mother would affect her career. As for Blake, I really don't know what's going on. Most of Blake's movies were flops and she's not that great of an actress.

10-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineJane View Post
GG's end date has nothing to do with it. Blake hasn't had a project lined up since she was fired from The Bitter Pill/Side Effects in January 2012. She has nothing in pre-production, nothing in development. She is attached to literally nothing. That is very strange for a working actress, especially one who was so buzzed and hyped about (some would say undeservedly so).
Wow, I didn't realized she was replaced by Rooney Mara in Side Effects. I couldn't imagine Blake in that role. Good thing she struck the iron while it was hot and married Ryan. Wasn't she Anna Wintour's fashion darling for a while?

10-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroliiine View Post
She's not new anymore so people aren't taking chances on her. She's had five years since Gossip Girl to prove she has actual talent and hasn't delivered. Meanwhile, in the same timespan, there are actresses like Rooney Mara, Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone, Lizzie Olsen, etc. that are delivering amazing performances in leading roles. Why take a chance on Blake when you have a proven actress?

And although Gossip Girl restricted her schedule, that didn't stop Shailene Woodley from getting an Oscar nomination last year and landing the lead in a new YA franchise. I'd argue that Shailene had even more hurdles because she was on a show that didn't even give her fashion exposure the way Gossip Girl did for Blake.

Shailene Woodley got a Golden Globe nomination, not an Oscar nomination..

Maybe she wants to be a stay at home wife? And I don't think her lack of projects has anything to do with talent. I mean, if people like Lily Collins and Julianne Hough are getting work....why can't she?

10-02-2013
V.I.P.

She was great in Savages and will in whatever is next for her, she's gorgeous and all indication points that she's also very kind and sweet. I'm routing for her 100%.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, 2012, 2014, blake, january, june, lively, post, posting, rules, thread