How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-02-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trends View Post
In Jennifer Garner's defense she's given birth to three kids within a seven year span so I guess being a full time mother would affect her career. As for Blake, I really don't know what's going on. Most of Blake's movies were flops and she's not that great of an actress.
Ohh well I meant before she became a mum she did not have a great career either and switched from first husband being "just" a series-actor (a guy who was on Felicity ) to movie-actor Ben Affleck similar to what Blake did a bit when breaking up with that Dan-guy from GG and marrying Ryan Reynolds and as I remember Jennifer was a series star before trying to do movies in "Alias"...anyway, we will see if she will be a mum sooner than a movie-star or whatever she will do...it seems like she does not try too hard at the moment and accepts her dolce fa niente which is not too difficult considering she is young, happily married, rich and living in New York getting tons of free goodies from fashion houses and being able to live a life many can only dream of!

10-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoedele View Post
She was great in Savages...
I thought so too, and the first minute of the film is in my personal hall of fame! Believe it or not, I most miss her style, no matter if it was on the red carpet or as Serena (sigh)... Looking back on the magazines from a year or two ago, she was well on her way to being a fashion force, but that too seems to be lost now...

10-02-2013
tfs star

There's very little of her anywhere; fewer appearances, fewer magazine covers, etc. Even if she can't land roles she could have done those things in the meantime, so I do think her exile is self-willed. Even so, it is very easy for young actresses to be discarded, especially if their physical image is their main attribute.

10-02-2013
windowshopping

If I think someone is overhyped and overexposed, I'm more than happy to let them disappear.

She doesn't appear to be as fame hungry as some people have made her out to be. After finishing her first movie, she took a year off to finish school instead of chasing more work. After Gossip Girl hit, she didn't take every teen movie or advert offer that came down the pike. She had to be talked into doing Green Lantern. She has long mentioned the other things she wants to do besides acting (most of them involving decorating and food ).

The blind items -- or blind item, since it's the same one repeated - comes from an unreliable site that admits it makes things up in its disclaimer. She talked about taking some time off after Gossip Girl finally ended before Ryan. She auditioned for Side Effects while she was with Ryan.

It appeared she won the role in SE, but another actress wanted it and the finance person wanted the other actress. It happens all the time, but in this case it was made public because one of the producer's had been giving info to an indie film site (they were also first to report that Soderbergh couldn't find financing for a previous project and had moved on to Side Effects.)

It's difficult for any actor to make the transition from TV to film, especially when they're so closely identified with their TV character. I don't see people beating down the doors to hire any of the Gossip Girl cast. Gossip Girl made them famous but it's not the kind of fame that is going to help an actor get the best roles (and 5+ years of filming 10 months a year is not your normal TV series.)

She made the most of the hand she was dealt. She looked for quality projects to work on outside of GG instead of taking the easy way out. She racked up some good scenes for her portfolio in both indie films like Pippa Lee, Hick, Elvis and Anabelle and bigger movies like The Town and Savages (she received good critical notices for all, btw.) If she wanted to have something lined up, I'm sure she could. Lesser actresses and lesser names are working as we speak. She's picky about how she spends her time and isn't a slave to the entertainment business. Good for her.

10-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomarlushka View Post
Ohh well I meant before she became a mum she did not have a great career either and switched from first husband being "just" a series-actor (a guy who was on Felicity ) to movie-actor Ben Affleck similar to what Blake did a bit when breaking up with that Dan-guy from GG and marrying Ryan Reynolds and as I remember Jennifer was a series star before trying to do movies in "Alias"...anyway, we will see if she will be a mum sooner than a movie-star or whatever she will do...it seems like she does not try too hard at the moment and accepts her dolce fa niente which is not too difficult considering she is young, happily married, rich and living in New York getting tons of free goodies from fashion houses and being able to live a life many can only dream of!
Jennifer date actor Michael Vartan in between breaking up with her first husband and marrying her second one and Blake dated Leo after Penn and before she married Ryan. I think Jennifer did have a slightly better film career than Blake has so far.

Last edited by Trends; 10-02-2013 at 06:55 PM.

11-02-2013
V.I.P.

Blake Lively and her hubby Ryan Reynolds take her little pup Penny for an early morning walk on Saturday (February 9) in Sudbury, Canada.
Later in the day, the 25-year-old actress and the 36-year-old actor went to the movies to catch an afternoon matinee together.
Earlier in the weekend, Ryan and his new co-star Scott Speedman braved the cold and snowy weather while filming scenes for their upcoming movie Queen of the Night.
Credit to just jared

11-02-2013
V.I.P.

Same source

11-02-2013
fashion elite

Just looking from the pictures I feel cold - it must be really cold in Sudbury atm...and her skin seems to suffer from a break-out...I always thought she had great , unproblematic skin! I like the boots...they look interesting

11-02-2013
fashion elite

http://www.refinery29.com/blake-lively

interview with her for the new Gucci perfume

source: rifinery29.com

11-02-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomarlushka View Post
Just looking from the pictures I feel cold - it must be really cold in Sudbury atm...and her skin seems to suffer from a break-out...I always thought she had great , unproblematic skin! I like the boots...they look interesting
It's very cold in Sudbury, most of northern Ontario is pretty cold... but the Canada Goose coat she is wearing is amazingly warm, I love mine You could go outside in -20 C weather and be cozy in their coats.

12-02-2013
trendsetter

All this talk about Blake doing nothing and hurting her career is making me laugh, cuz there is an interview linked in this topic, not even that old, from 3-5 months back where she was asked about her future career directions post-GG and she specifically said she was taking time off to figure out what she wanted to do with her life. She mentions she's determining if she still wants to act or go in other directions, like open a restaurant. (Our memories can not be that short term!)

Penn is the only cast member that has other projects lined up (which he has got due the good buzz for 'Greetings for Tim Buckley.') Ed doesn't (and he also hasn't been spotted much since the show ended). Leighton is focusing on her music at the moment but being very low-key about it. (Does anybody still care about Chace? ) All the cast members mentioned in interviews being burnt out by the show, and all seemed sort of bitter about how it ended. So maybe they are all lying low on the advice of their agents? The show didn't exactly end with critical acclaim. The whole season was long mocking by the critics To my knowledge, it's one of the most critically ridiculed shows and low-ratings final season busts in recent memory. It's bad enough when it happens to movie actors, but far worse to TV actors. So maybe they're just waiting for the storm to blow over before doing something new.

I love that long black coat!

12-02-2013
V.I.P.

They are such a cute couple, and I love the fact that they are keeping a low key about it!

13-02-2013
V.I.P.

Thanks wild roses, ita!

13-02-2013
V.I.P.

Blake is on the cover of the new People Style Watch magazine!

13-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Blake is on the cover of the new People Style Watch magazine!
I have a copy and its all about her red carpet style, some of her best. I wish I had a scanner.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, 2012, 2014, blake, january, june, lively, post, posting, rules, thread