How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

24-02-2013
windowshopping

Sorry Boomer. That interview is from a Gucci Première media day in NY a couple weeks ago. She wore a tartan long dress and sleeveless tunic + pants from Gucci's Pre-Fall 2013 collection. There are several interviews she did with different tv stations floating around, but haven't seen many pics. Here's one from Entertainment Tonight:

Source:@BrookeAnderson

The snow boots she was wearing in Sudbury pics are Sorel 'Conquest'.

I should've said I miss seeing what she's wearing and if she wants to become a mainstay on the fashion circuit that's fine by me lol. She didn't go to as many fashion shows and parties as some celebs and fashionistas even when Gossip Girl was still on, and it doesn't seem like there's much left for her to do in that arena. She's friendly with top designers, has been on the cover of just about every major fashion magazine, and has signed contracts with two big fashion houses. She still does promotion for Gucci, and goes to the occasional party for Chanel as well as friends like Louboutin.

'But even as the world opens up around her, what Lively really wants is to "relax and travel and cook and recuperate a bit." she says, or maybe "to run away and go to school again." She talks about opening a restaurant, too.' Elle (US), March 2012

That interview was done in Nov. 2011. Before her two most recent movies came out. Before the Side Effects brouhaha. Before she got married. She's been saying she intended to take a break for awhile now and I guess she meant it.

Last edited by joujou; 24-02-2013 at 05:19 PM.

24-02-2013
V.I.P.

Ah- sorry to hear that, but thanks for the info...Let's just hope she'll start hitting the 'circuit' again soon! The only other GG actor doing well on the fashion front appears to be the beyond adorable Clémence Poésy. who hits the important Paris shows all the time...(BTW- I have given up on Leighton- her outfits and presentation in general since Blair was put to rest seem to indicate she is going to be hopeless on the fashion scene...)

26-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
"As you know Ryan and his lovely wife Blake Lively are in Sudbury because of Ryan’s new film “Queen of the night“, and in this past weekend they visited the Health Sciences North’s pediatric.
Hospital spokesperson Dan Lessard said: “I can tell you the visit was really appreciated by the kids, their parents, and the staff on the unit. Mr. Reynolds and Ms. Lively were wonderful with the children.”
Lessard said that Reynolds’ publicity team “had requested that it be a private, low-key affair with no photos or media coverage,” and the hospital honoured their request"
Sources: northernlife.ca, 105.3 EZ Rock Sudbury/facebook

Last edited by larien; 02-03-2013 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Improper Credit

26-02-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Ah- sorry to hear that, but thanks for the info...Let's just hope she'll start hitting the 'circuit' again soon! The only other GG actor doing well on the fashion front appears to be the beyond adorable Clémence Poésy. who hits the important Paris shows all the time...(BTW- I have given up on Leighton- her outfits and presentation in general since Blair was put to rest seem to indicate she is going to be hopeless on the fashion scene...)
But Clemence has always enjoyed the fashion scene, even before she guest starred on Gossip Girl (even as far back as Goblet of Fire, she was known for her own individual style and love of fashion). Leighton has made it clear in innumerable interviews she's not Blair, doesn't dress like Blair when off the show, and cares more about making movies and music than being a fashionista. The fact that you turned a blind eye to her endless quotes about that is your fault, not Leighton's.

I feel sorry for actresses though. They are in a catch-22. To get attention, they have to be fashionistas, but to be taken seriously as actors, they can't look glamourous. Sexism definitely still exists in Hollywood and the media cuz male actors never have to deal with this.

To get back to topic, have there been any photos of what Blake's wedding gown looked like? I know there weren't any pics of it released but sometimes designers release the drawings of what the gown looked liked.

26-02-2013
V.I.P.

Well, it isn't turning a blind eye, it is just disappointment that the very things that she did so well and made her famous seem to be so meaningless to her now... It will be interesting to see how Blake deals with the situation now; being a spokesmodel for major fashion houses raises some expectations about style and presentation; the unemployment lines in LA are filled with notable TV actors who went on to change their image, 'do their own thing' and were pretty much never heard from again. (Can you see Vera Wang looking at Leighton now and saying 'That's the girl we want for our ads'!!?) The river flows very fast in Hollywood and there are always plenty of others just waiting for a chance to take your place...It would be sad to see the GG gang mostly disappear after having such an amazing opportunity early in their careers...

26-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
The residents of Health Sciences North hospital in Ontario, Canada recently received two extra special visitors.

Newlyweds Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds paid a visit for the pediatric patients and posed for multiple photos with children, babies and their parents.
Hospital spokesperson Dan Lessard said in an email, “Mr. Reynolds and Ms. Lively were wonderful with the children. I can tell you the visit was really appreciated by the kids, their parents, and the staff on the unit.”

The couple is in town while Ryan shoots scenes for his new film, “Queen of the Night.”
Credit to celebrity-gossip.net

26-02-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dea1983 View Post
Newlyweds Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds paid a visit for the pediatric patients and posed for multiple photos with children, babies and their parents.
that's wonderful ! great that they help without campaigning as such!

26-02-2013
V.I.P.

I agree! It's really nice of them to give back in this way, especially to less fortunate children!

26-02-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Well, it isn't turning a blind eye, it is just disappointment that the very things that she did so well and made her famous seem to be so meaningless to her now... It will be interesting to see how Blake deals with the situation now; being a spokesmodel for major fashion houses raises some expectations about style and presentation; the unemployment lines in LA are filled with notable TV actors who went on to change their image, 'do their own thing' and were pretty much never heard from again. (Can you see Vera Wang looking at Leighton now and saying 'That's the girl we want for our ads'!!?) The river flows very fast in Hollywood and there are always plenty of others just waiting for a chance to take your place...It would be sad to see the GG gang mostly disappear after having such an amazing opportunity early in their careers...
Fashion is not the be all end all determining if you have longevity or talent. Being a Hollywood It Girl having deals with fashion houses doesn't mean anything. It just means you're astute enough to get money on the side in case you don't stick around. If it did, Kate Bosworth would have a dozen Oscars now.

The ones who care deeply about the art in the end don't need to be (and often aren't) fashionistas to stick around: Katharine Hepburn, Ingrid Bergman, Meryl Streep, Sally Field, Joan Allan, Kate Winslet, Emma Thompson, Judy Davis, Julie Andrews, Jodie Foster, and etc. Plus, if you really care about the art, you will stick to the image that is authentically you until you are getting the roles and acceptance you want even if it takes you years to achieve fame. (Hepburn famously was hated for her style, her accent, her entire image, when she came to Hollywood. She had a slouchy --for her day--style when she wasn't working. When she attended the Academy Awards in the 1970s, she came in a such a ratty sweater, they wouldn't let her onstage until they added fake buttons to it.)

Hey mods? Can you move this discussion to the Entertainment Spot? I don't want to get into trouble for being off-topic but I don't want the discussion to get deleted either.

26-02-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Lessard said that Reynolds’ publicity team “had requested that it be a private, low-key affair with no photos or media coverage,”
that´s great! usually celebs do that ind of stuff with many photographers etc.

28-02-2013
V.I.P.

The 25-year-old actress strut her enviable shape in a Derek Lam for DesigNation tab collared tunic at an event in New York.

dailymail.co.uk

28-02-2013
V.I.P.

different shoes would be better, but i´m anyway not crazy about this Look.

28-02-2013
V.I.P.

That is so cute, love the shoes.

01-03-2013
tfs star

Does anyone know what even that was?

01-03-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KemAlnagdy View Post
Does anyone know what even that was?
Blake Lively in New York City wearing the new Derek Lam for DesigNation exclusively at Kohl`s this April.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, 2012, 2014, blake, january, june, lively, post, posting, rules, thread