How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-07-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAUU View Post
I find it so strange that someone would hide in the woods just to take pictures of Blake and Ryan in a tiny boat.
I know.... so creepy!

08-07-2012
V.I.P.

she has an amazing body!:p

09-07-2012
V.I.P.

well if there wasnt a creepy paparazzo hiding in the bushes we wouldnt see these pics ahah

09-07-2012
tfs star

Come on, her people call the photogs. There were never photos of Scarlett and Ryan and she's a far bigger star than Blake.

09-07-2012
V.I.P.

i saw the savages last night. blake looked amazing in it. was it just me, or does her voice actually sound like jennifer aniston? its a lot of fun and very watchable.

the dvd might have another hour of extra footage in it, however.

09-07-2012
windowshopping

'Savages' was pretty great once the story got going and Blake acquitted herself well in a rather thankless role. I loved all of her beachy hippie chic outfits, and I think she looks best with minimal makeup. I still believe Glenda in 'Hick' is her best role to date. Too bad the film was a dud and not seen by more people.

I like the swimsuits. Boy cut shorts aren't the most flattering, but they look cute nonetheless. Not bad for a confessed cupcake eater who hates working out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspistol View Post
Come on, her people call the photogs. There were never photos of Scarlett and Ryan and she's a far bigger star than Blake.
Go to any Ryan fan site and you will see candid pics of Ryan and Scarlett on a motorbike, at restaurants, airports, gyms, traveling in Europe, on a boat, etc. (and she has said they didn't spend enough time together, so make of that what you will.) His relationship with Alanis was even more public. And both couples pre-date Twitter (of before it really took off). I could go on, but I know this is mainly a fashion board so I'll leave it at that (I've probably already said too much. )

09-07-2012
V.I.P.

Savages is an ok film , but Blake was amazing in it! She has been improving so much and becoming a great talent...After The Town, Hick and Savages, i don't know how can someone say she is a terrible actress...
btw, some critics are putting Blake in the list of best supporting actress so far.great for her!

09-07-2012
I don't know

^Different strokes. Not everyone is a fan of her work. BTW which critics are putting her on their list? The review I read was far from kind to her

Her and Ryan are cute together but those swimming outfits are not good looks.

Last edited by saann; 09-07-2012 at 04:58 PM.

09-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvstratus View Post
Savages is an ok film , but Blake was amazing in it! She has been improving so much and becoming a great talent...After The Town, Hick and Savages, i don't know how can someone say she is a terrible actress...
btw, some critics are putting Blake in the list of best supporting actress so far.great for her!
It could have something to do with her inability to enunciate.

09-07-2012
V.I.P.

I like her two piece bathing suit a lot too - both are awesome.

I havent seen Savages yet but the reviews werent great, some not very nice w.r.t. Blake's acting and voice over monologues.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

09-07-2012
backstage pass

yeah, i really don't think any paparazzi stalks someone out into the woods without notice. a beach vacation in miami i'd buy, but not this. regardless, the second bikini is very nice. i think the sooner blake settles into being marketable for her face/body/personality, the more jobs she will get. she isn't a talented actress, but people have gained more money/fame with far less than she has.

09-07-2012
windowshopping

I would take this to the arts section, but since it's been asked about here (I can always move it, yes?), some Savages reviews from some of the bigger publications:

Associated Press

Entertainment Weekly (Owen Gleiberman)

Los Angeles Times

Movieline

New York Times

Chicago Sun-Times (Roger Ebert)

Village Voice

Wall Street Journal

And reviews from a couple of the more widely read film blogs:

Hit Fix

IndieWire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgowan View Post
yeah, i really don't think any paparazzi stalks someone out into the woods without notice. a beach vacation in miami i'd buy, but not this.
They're on the grounds of their new home. The location has been widely publicized through no fault of their own.

13-07-2012
scenester

Generally the film, Blake and cast got positive reviews but the main issue people seemed to have was the ending and the narration. Ive read the book and found the narrative style really really jarring and frustrating - it's written in slang so it's annoying and hard to keep up with the terminolgy sometimes. So I imagine it was as annoying on film in the narration. When I read the book I was really suprised that the book had been praised so much - but what do I know lol.

As for the ending, I agree with the criticism that they shouldn't have changed it. But it seems like the way OS did it was really amateurish - I.e he did the ending as per the book then did a "it was all a dream"/ rewind type thing.

I think this was good for Blake but it's time for her to step away from this type of role. As she said herself, she's played this type of character before. She is not the best actress but she's not as bad as people like to make out. You can always feel people rooting for her to fail. If the industry was all about talent then 99% of actors through out history would not have made it. Also why is it not okay for her to succeed yet some other not great actors should. It just always feels like people resent/hate her for making the most of her opportunities.

Anywhoo does anyone know if she will be coming to London to launch the Gucci fragrance at Selfridges? I wish she was able to make more international promo's - GG always seems to get in the way. Hopefully she will have time to for the ww Savages promo in September.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by OhSoLively; 13-07-2012 at 04:57 PM.

14-07-2012
backstage pass

^ spoiler alert...?

14-07-2012
fashion elite

she needs to go swimsuit shopping

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, 2012, 2014, blake, january, june, lively, post, posting, rules, thread