How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-11-2011
front row

Everyone hates when people show off their body here, calling it "insecure", "desperate", etc. This is ridiculous and quite frankly, probably jealousy. If you've got a Lamborghini, do you always keep the cover over it? C'mon. Everyone is so conservative here. Covering up is boring. I think Blake looks hot.

10-11-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbook2000 View Post
Everyone hates when people show off their body here, calling it "insecure", "desperate", etc. This is ridiculous and quite frankly, probably jealousy. If you've got a Lamborghini, do you always keep the cover over it? C'mon. Everyone is so conservative here. Covering up is boring. I think Blake looks hot.
thanks for this comment, you just read my mind! Blake isn't look tacky, cheap or overload, or oversexy. she is beautiful, she can wear tight cause she have a great body and her boobs or underpants are always covered!

10-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate_Moore View Post
Huhh???? Her dog looks like a teddy bear (he is very cute indeed, but how is she carrying it?!!!)
just what i am thinking!

10-11-2011
fashion elite

Blake Lively and her dog Penny spotted on the set of 'Gossip Girl' in New York City - November 10, 2011

tlfan

Last edited by Katya; 10-11-2011 at 03:17 PM.

10-11-2011
backstage pass

Wow, who wears white, knee length boots.... They're pretty ugly.

10-11-2011
fashion elite

ugly? i don't think they are hideous and apparently they looks nice with that trench

10-11-2011
I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbook2000 View Post
I hate it when people pull the jealousy card because 9 times out of 10, it's not true.

And the reason why her looks can come off as desperate or insecure to some isn't because she's showing off her body. We have plenty of stars doing that and managing to not get the same criticism, like Scarlett for instance. The reason it comes off as insecure is because she insists on dressing in items that usually look too small (like this last one) and can't seem to steer away from showing too much.

It's sad because sometimes her style can almost be on point only to be ruined by her constant need to show cleavage or legs (usually both). There's understated sexiness and there's sexiness that's in your face screaming 'look at me'. She only seems to understand the latter one.

Just to show an example, this is one of my favorite Blake looks and also the one I find to be her sexiest. And it doesn't even have cleavage or legs on display. When she went this route, it didn't come off as desperate to me.

trendtastic-ny.com

Her candid style has been pretty nice though lately, I like the color palette in these latest candids. The only thing that needs to go are the shoes, both the paws and the white boots which look super cheap.

Last edited by saann; 10-11-2011 at 06:28 PM.

11-11-2011
tfs star

IA, when she tries to be sexy (lots of T&A) it looks vulgar and like she's desperately trying to get people to think of her as a sex symbol, but when she does understated sexy it looks really, really hot and natural.

The hair in the shots with the (blerrrrgh) white boots is so Dusty Springfield, I love it when they give her a bit of a retro vibe.

Last edited by misspistol; 11-11-2011 at 02:37 AM.

11-11-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by saann View Post
Just to show an example, this is one of my favorite Blake looks and also the one I find to be her sexiest.
This look you posted is so gorgeous, definitely agree on it being among her best.

11-11-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspistol View Post
IA, when she tries to be sexy (lots of T&A) it looks vulgar and like she's desperately trying to get people to think of her as a sex symbol, but when she does understated sexy it looks really, really hot and natural.
"Sexy" is a subjective term, as is all of fashion. Many around here seem to only respect when a woman pulls off being sexy without showing too much skin, which is possible, but not the only way. I do think its sexy when she shows a lot of T&A and wears tight clothing. I think its boring/conservative/a shame when someone with a great body covers up. Not saying there isn't a time or place to be conservative (i.e. religious ceremonies, court appearances, etc.), but it's fine to want to flaunt what you've got.

11-11-2011
V.I.P.

What really bothers me about the critics to Blake is that she is always the target. There are plenty of celebs (e.g: JlO, Scarlett, Beyonce,Cameron...) who use very tight clothes and do poses and people do not critique them, they even praise them, so, why always on Blake??? that's why, when someone above talked about jealousy, I kind have to agree....

11-11-2011
rising star

I don't mind a woman showing off her body if she's got a good one. Personally, I prefer a more subtle type of sexy and the outfit saann posted was a perfect example of that. However, there is a difference between a tight sexy dress and a dress that's a size too small. Blake often opts for the dress that's a size too small instead of tailoring a dress to fit her perfectly. It would do her wonders to choose clothes that are the right size and to tailor them.

11-11-2011
V.I.P.

The lion feet shoes are cool in a kitschy sort of way...I think for someone like her who is famous and rich, such an ridiculously extravagant item can be pulled off.

11-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvstratus View Post
What really bothers me about the critics to Blake is that she is always the target. There are plenty of celebs (e.g: JlO, Scarlett, Beyonce,Cameron...) who use very tight clothes and do poses and people do not critique them, they even praise them, so, why always on Blake??? that's why, when someone above talked about jealousy, I kind have to agree....
I don't know...

Definitely not jealousy from me. Sometimes Blake just strikes me as tacky, and I do think that desperation rubs people the wrong way. I don't get the same vibe from the other people mentioned. Why? I don't know. Maybe it is as simple as "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" sort of thing.

With Blake I find I usually dislike her event style and her GG clothes, but sometimes I like her candid style. The latter is why I periodically check this thread.

Those fur shoes are just freakish!!

I still think the Gossip Girl stylist sucks.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

11-11-2011
front row

Maybe it's just me, but I don't necessarily think it's the clothes (though as many have pointed out, she wears one size too small eek) but it just seems she is trying too hard to be sexy. Others like Scarlett and Beyonce just seem to be effortlessly sexy--there's an authenticity that blake rarely seems to possess in photos. Whether it's innate or just posing at the right angles, i donno. That's why Beyonce, Scarlett, etc can wear whatever they want--they can work the attitude.

Her candid style is what keeps me popping back up on this thread too. Her GG and event style just make me wanna roll my eyes. However, the paw shoes and the white boots + bridgit bardot hair aren't really working together. I love that she takes her pup everywhere though--seems like she genuinely adores it.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, blake, june, lively, september