How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

12-11-2011
V.I.P.

Have never seen #187 before, she looks hot, hot, hot. Love it!

ETA--
Quote:
Originally Posted by franki View Post
i completely agree. it is insulting to say that someone is jealous because they don't like someone's style. some people can find different people attractive/stylish etc.
The same people continually point out her faults, lack of style, tackiness, etc...Its not farfetched to think jealousy might play a role on the critique.

Last edited by Aoedele; 12-11-2011 at 10:41 PM.

12-11-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyShow View Post
you people take this way too seriously.
she can show as much skin as she likes because she's hot and she's young.
get over it.
she's obviously doing something right with fashion to get all you people talking...ALL THE TIME...good or bad.
Of course she can show as much skin as she likes. No one is saying she can't or shouldn't. But, of course, we can judge Blake as much as we like for looking like one of Hugh Hefner's bunnies everytime she shows up at a red carpet event.

And considering this is a FASHION forum, we are well within our rights to critique Blake's red carpet appearances....to "take this way too seriously"... and say she looks like a skank, if she looks like a skank. LOL if you think we are just going to "get over it."

12-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalytic View Post
I think the tackiness mostly comes from the way she poses and her hair which almost always looks unbrushed and disheveled....She still gets it right sometimes like that yellow Chloe dress she wore for Green Lantern press, one of her best look ever.
Totally agree with you about that yellow Chloe look; one of her best, in terms of colour, style and fit. And nary a shred of tackiness or boobs/legs in sight. But she really shone in that yellow. Indeed I think Chloe would be a good label for her to wear more often. To me, Blake has that kind of 70s Shelley Hack/ "Charlies Angels" vibe. Why not play that up?! Go figure. Maybe she has the wrong people around her...

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

13-11-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoedele View Post

ETA--The same people continually point out her faults, lack of style, tackiness, etc...Its not farfetched to think jealousy might play a role on the critique.

well, personally speaking, i have not posted in this thread that often and have posted both positive and negative 'critiques' of her looks. i am in no way jealous of her. i think she has a good body, but i just don't find her that attractive or stylish. i have nothing to be jealous of. however, whilst i am not a fan of her i am intrigued to see what she wears. i guess its in hope that she pulls out one of her good looks. not to speak for other people, but i wouldnt be suprised if that is the mindset of other 'negative' posters too?

it is a fashion forum, so its not farfetched to think an interest in fashion might play a role in the critique

Last edited by franki; 13-11-2011 at 01:20 AM.

13-11-2011
rising star

I think her outfits are just very sexy but I don't think she ever looked cheap. I adore her!

13-11-2011
backstage pass

^ i don't think she looks cheap either, but i don't find her attempts to be sexy actually sexy. i find it so sexy when a woman wears a covered up top almost knee length dress but is backless. or high neck, short hem. to me she just looks like the girl who loves to shop but doesn't know her style yet, or understand fit etc.

she has a relatively easy shape to dress though so i always have this hope that it will just click one day. my fav look of hers was definitely also the one posted by saann

13-11-2011
V.I.P.

Walking to Ryan Reynolds apartment in Boston - November 13, 2011

tlfan

13-11-2011
backstage pass

love that hat! and the chanel ipad? case.

13-11-2011
V.I.P.

Love that ring!

Last edited by Aoedele; 13-11-2011 at 08:08 PM.

13-11-2011
V.I.P.

I can't even focus on her outfit when there are two adorable dogs in the picture.

14-11-2011
rising star

Quote:
OL! Jersey Shore is the perfect description. Nowhere near as trashy, but appropriate. And, I have no problem with Blake being a fun-loving, giggly blonde. My problem is that she refuses to own it. She (and her stans) want me to believe she's this sophisticated jet-setter fashionista. Please.
Agreed. I don't really follow her or this thread, but when I read that she's supposed to be this sophisticated fashionista, I had to roll my eyes. Girl doesn't ooze classiness or sophistication in her clothes. She can look good, she just needs to learn that she doesn't need to show cleavage and legs to look sexy, it's really about the attitude. An example of her looking like complete trash was her look at the Christian Louboutin party. She seriously looked straight out of the trailer park with the cheap dress, and the unkempt hair.

As for being jealous of her if you think she looks cheap, I wasn't aware this was a fan board instead of a fashion forum to critique her clothes. Anyone that doesn't drool over her are not jealous, this isn't high school for christ sake.

Last edited by Adri028456; 14-11-2011 at 12:28 AM.

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

Love the hat. So cool.

14-11-2011
fashion elite

Very good and nice look!

14-11-2011
fashion insider

Bad look in 217!

14-11-2011
tfs star

Love the outfit however I'm not a fan of white leather shoes in general, this look would look much more chic with flats.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, blake, june, lively, september