Blake Lively (September 2011 - June 2012) - Page 54 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-06-2012
backstage pass

^ Thanks. I thought this part was weird:
Quote:
Lively walks over to her bodyguard. She flashes him a pouty, curfew-extending smile, her outstretched, cupped hands suggesting that he has something she wants. “Snack?” he asks. She widens her eyes and nods with exaggerated mirth while breaking off two pieces of dark chocolate from a bar he’s been hiding inside his jacket. “Always got to make sure I bring her chocolate,” he says.

01-06-2012
V.I.P.

^ you mean b/c she is perfect at everything and gets whatever she wants? Why on earth would roll my eyes to that [sarcasm] :p

I wonder why her people thought it would be a good idea for her to do a fragrance deal....With GG ending soon I thought they would try to focus her to more serious roles. If there's anyone on that show who could leave and do bigger, better things it's Blake. I'd love to see her have a career like Michelle Williams who started out on Dawson's Creek and built an actual career from that start.

I really don't think these advertisements are the way to go for that.

01-06-2012
fashion elite

What brand is the fragrance deal for?

01-06-2012
V.I.P.

The article doesn't mention

01-06-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastical View Post
I'd love to see her have a career like Michelle Williams who started out on Dawson's Creek and built an actual career from that start.
I heart Blake, but she ain't no Michelle Williams. Not even close.

01-06-2012
V.I.P.

^i know that lol. I was more tying to compare Dawson's Creek being a really crappy teen show similar to GG. I never liked Michelle then but now I think her acting is amazing. Who knows what could happen

04-06-2012
fashion insider

I'm not sure if the writer wants us to think Blake is a spoiled bimbo or if she actually is a spoiled bimbo....

04-06-2012
V.I.P.

I know, right? What the hell is this?

Quote:
“He was my first choice,” she says with the pleased smile of someone who’s grown used to getting what she wants.

04-06-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoedele View Post
I heart Blake, but she ain't no Michelle Williams. Not even close.
But Blake said GG isn't her best work....

06-06-2012
V.I.P.

US Marie Claire July 2012 : Blake Lively
Credit to glossynewsstand.tumblr.com

06-06-2012
fashion icon

^ Love that shade of red.

06-06-2012
fashion insider

^^great cover

11-06-2012
V.I.P.

With her new movie "Savages" set to hit theaters on July 6th, Blake Lively garnered herself a little added exposure by covering the July 2012 issue of Marie Claire magazine.

The 24-year-old actress looked ravishing in red for the Txema Yeste shot front page while dishing about everything fashion and style-related,

Highlights from Miss Lively's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Marie Claire!

On whether there's someone who helps her with her look:
"My assistant will call fashion houses for me, but I always pick the outfit, shoes, jewelry, and a lot of times I do my own hair and makeup for events. Sometimes I think, God, why do I do this to myself? It's so much extra work!"

On why she doesn't seek additional help:
"Because I love fashion. It's such an expression of self. I often see people and they look great, but I can identify who styled them. Every stylist has a signature. Maybe it sounds jerky, but I'm lucky to be on such a fashion-centric show [Gossip Girl]. There's no designer I don't have access to."

On if there anyone's style she's currently obsessing over:
"I love Florence Welch. She's pure magic. I always admire people who make really strong choices. When you do something bold, it's usually because you feel really good in it."

On if wearing revealing outfits shades the public's perception of her:
"People like to draw parallels between my life and the scandalous stories on Gossip Girl. I dress the same as my character, so they think, She lives this life on and off set. I recently shared how many boyfriends I've had [four], and people were like, "That's impossible!" But it's true. I've been with very few people. If I'm not with somebody who really excites or inspires me, then I'd rather be by myself."

Celebritygossip.net

11-06-2012
V.I.P.

If you check out some of the Leno/Letterman etc clips of her on YouTube, she seems to be a lovely young lady...

11-06-2012
fashion icon

^ Then why can't she seem to stop herself from sounding like a pretentious jerk in her magazine interviews? She looks amazing in the editorial, but after reading some other quotes from the interview it's like, give me a break. No one would think less of her if she were more humble about her connections, her capabilities, etc., but she comes from the Gwyneth Paltrow way-of-thinking where she has to flaunt everything to prove how great she is. It's nauseating to say the least.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, blake, june, lively, september