Blake Lively (September 2011 - June 2012) - Page 59 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

22-06-2012
V.I.P.

I like that bright lipstick on her in the recent (potentially Gucci) photo!

Fashion: Donít you recognize me? Death: You should know that I donít see very well and I canít wear glasses. Fashion: Iím Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, ďDialogue Between Fashion and Death.Ēabridged

22-06-2012
tfs star

Its interesting that she gets to act with Salma H. and is now repping a PPR brand. Gucci and Blake make much more sense than Blake with Chanel.

22-06-2012
backstage pass

i was surprised to hear gucci chose her but it fits. i still think blake should be paired with versace but gucci definitely makes much more sense than chanel.

22-06-2012
When in doubt, wear red.

Quite unexpected to see her snab a Gucci contract but she can pull it off IMO. Guess her Chanel times are definitely over now. Can't wait to see the campaign, especially with Nicolas behind the camera.

22-06-2012
fashion icon

I think she's better suited to Gucci than Chanel. She's much more sexier than she is sophisticated. I'm not trying to knock her. It's just the truth (as I see it). Chanel is more high class elegance whereas Gucci is super sexy and glamorous, both of which she can pull off quite well.

23-06-2012
fashion elite

I think this is a great match and a lot better than Chanel. I'm excited to see the print and TV adverts.
Posted via Mobile Device

23-06-2012
backstage pass

I think she could have been great for Chanel had the campaign been better executed. A sophisticated, red-lipped evening look clashed with the very reason I believe Chanel hired her - that all-American, carefree look that is certainly very appealing here in Europe. I think a casual look like this would have worked much better for both Blake and Chanel:

Fotki

That being said, I think she and Gucci will work wonderfully together.

23-06-2012
trendsetter

Since Blake has a new movie coming out, I decided to peek in this thread to see if her style has changed any. Not only does her promotion and events style seem the same, it seems frozen in time!

Her casual style is still awesome though. I really want that knit cardigan she's wearing in the pics a few pages back where she's holding her dog.

24-06-2012
V.I.P.

Anyway, the latest outfit is #866 is confusing. The hair and accessorizing (and make-up now that I think of it) are bland and don't really do anything for the whole look. The dress is flattering but then those shoes look awkward. A bit of a disappointment considering she's been absent on the publicity and events circuit for a while now

Last edited by saann; 24-06-2012 at 05:37 PM. Reason: response to a deleted post

24-06-2012
V.I.P.

I think the ads Chanel did with her, imho, they were going for a more sophisticated adult look.

24-06-2012
fashion icon

^ To be honest, I didn't get a sophisticated look from her Chanel ads. I just saw Blake being Blake and holding a Chanel bag. They didn't do anything special with her and in my opinion she doesn't fit the brand. I think Gucci will work better with her.

24-06-2012
backstage pass

^Agree, I think gucci is gonna work so much better for her.

24-06-2012
fashion elite

I would like to see more candids as well as red carpet looks

25-06-2012
windowshopping

OMG! She is absolutely stunning - Savages premiere!

88eb969ebf3611e1a39b1231381b7ba1_7.jpg

Picture from @savages instagram

The dress is Zuhair Murad

Last edited by fashionismo; 25-06-2012 at 10:54 PM.

25-06-2012
V.I.P.

Her hair looks amazing at the premiere, wow. I'd like to see a full shot of the outfit though.

Fashion: Donít you recognize me? Death: You should know that I donít see very well and I canít wear glasses. Fashion: Iím Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, ďDialogue Between Fashion and Death.Ēabridged

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, blake, june, lively, september