Brigitte Macron - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-05-2017
tfs star

I actually love her style and how she doesn't go the "politically correct" way. Look at Melania and her terrible 40s/50s/conservative styling.

Brigitte has amazing legs and she doesn't mind showing those off. She doesn't care. I love that she wears short dresses and is so smiley. Love it.

fashion elite

To be honest, i'm not a huge fan of her style...
I think she needs to work with better fashion brands than LV...also her hair sometimes looks damaged.
However i like the fact she doesn't have a conventional style compared to the other first ladies. She's more original and interesting.

Last edited by liaa; 31-05-2017 at 04:10 PM.
01-06-2017
backstage pass

I'm delighted to see that there's a thread for her now. I love her style and attitude: it's such a breath of fresh air.

Bethan Holt has written very well on recent French first lady looks:

There was Carla Bruni-Sarkozy whose years in the Élysée Palace were defined by her transformation from sultry chanteuse to impeccable political wife, wearing prim skirt suits, shift dresses and formal coats with dainty ballerina flats and kitten heels (nothing higher, for fear of overtowering her husband).

Then came Trierweiler whose style was more relaxed but possibly truer to the quintessential Parisenne look; slightly dishevelled-but-perfect-in-its-own-way blowdry, sleek tailoring and the odd pair of towering heels. She looked like she dressed for herself, and was bothered about looking good but not so much so that she'd waste too much time on the matter; let's call it polished nonchalance.

(Brigitte Troxneux) epitomises a new spin of French style which is at once soignée and glamorous. With her ultra slim frame and long legs (which French tabloids regularly salivate over), Trogneux looks more like a former model than a former teacher and dresses accordingly. Images of the couple together during their recent years in the limelight reveal her penchant for mini-length dresses, skinny jeans and luxe accessories.

Her interpretation of French style doesn't conform to the super relaxed, low maintenance vibes of many Parisian It girls but one imagines that former French Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld is her high-priestess of style inspiration: it's all about opting for the most figure-flattering looks and looking sensually and agelessly sexy without straying into Trump-level glossy territory. The French media has praised Trogneux for her "cool attitude" and "wonderwoman" look.
Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/p...could-frances/

Here is Karl praising her look:
http://www.closermag.fr/video/karl-l...e-video-701701

11-06-2017
fashion elite

hola.com
parismatch.com

12-06-2017
V.I.P.

I like the white top with the denim, like the fact that it looks so rigid. Interesting play with textures. And she looks great overall.

The president should really look to have his tailor loosen his trousers. Straight leg looks nice on him, but his crotch is in full display. You don't want your picture ending up next to Jon Hamm on some pervy Tumblr, surely....

19-06-2017
fashion elite

photo.programme-tv.net
purepeople.com

07-07-2017
fashion elite

purepeople.com
closermag.fr

08-07-2017
fashion elite

G20 Summit in Hamburg

vogue.com

13-07-2017
fashion elite

parismatch.com
dailymail.co.uk

14-07-2017
V.I.P.

Crikey, talk about having a uniform! It's like looking at the same outfits over and over again. And while she may have very little in common with Melania, they do share an eerie obsession with excessively dark eyeliner. Perhaps to disguise the ageing.

16-07-2017
fashion elite

purepeople.com

17-08-2017
V.I.P.

Elle France 18 August 2017: Brigitte Macron by Mark Seliger

17-08-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Brigitte Macron Talks Karl, Skirt Lengths in French Elle

France’s first lady features on the cover of the title’s Aug. 18 issue, with a 10-page feature inside.

By Katya Foreman on August 17, 2017

BRIGITTE MANIA: Amid signs of “Brigitte mania” sweeping across France, the Aug. 18 edition of French Elle includes the first interview with the country’s fledgling First Lady, Brigitte Macron.

The cover of the issue, out on newsstands today, depicts Macron at the Élysée Palace in a casual chic ensemble pairing a shapely cream jacket by Dior with a white T-shirt and slim jeans by Saint Laurent.

Pictures accompanying the 10-page feature inside show her walking in a courtyard hand-in-hand with her husband, President Emmanuel Macron, in the same look only swapping in a tailored red jacket by Azzedine Alaïa with mesh accents. She is also seen sitting at her desk in a red short-sleeved biker-inspired dress by Nicolas Ghesquière for Louis Vuitton.

In the article, Macron shares her admiration for Ghesquière and Karl Lagerfeld, whom she considers friends. She also lists among her other favorite designers Balmain’s Olivier Rousteing, Alexandre Vauthier, and Alaïa, but concedes she finds the latter’s skirts too short. “I wear above-the-knee, not minis! Although I loved to wear minis when I was younger, we would hide them in our bags when we went out…. and we’d slip bloomers on underneath to dance to rock ‘n’ roll,” Macron says. “We went from very short to very long — that was until my grandmother spotted me in one and exclaimed, “My goodness, you look like a frumpy old granny.’ Never again!”

When asked if she ever gets fed up with people talking about her clothes, the former French teacher and self-proclaimed feminist replies: “Why not, if it does some good for the French fashion industry. I’m really into fashion, and there’s this fascination the world over around this idea of the French woman.

“I have always put a lot of effort into the way I present myself, just ask my children or students!” she adds. “I would never leave the house before choosing an outfit and doing my hair — the results may vary, but I cannot do otherwise.”

Macron also addressed the polemic around the French government’s proposition of creating an official first lady role for her, which has since been halted after an online petition drew over 250,000 signatures. She dismisses the term as a “periphrase” based on a French translation of the American term First Lady that she doesn’t identify with. “Whenever I hear it, I always feel inclined to look behind my shoulder and say, ‘Sorry, who are you addressing?’ For me, I’m neither the first or last lady! I am simply Brigitte Macron.”

Asked how she had been affected by the snipes about the 24-year age gap with President Macron, she replied: “I took it badly, but said to myself, ‘Okay, it’s tough, but you’ll do better to keep your mouth shut,’ and it eventually went away.”

It doesn’t seem to have done any damage to the 64-year-old’s icon status, in any case, with Brigitte T-shirts by Weekday, the Scandinavian brand owned by the H&M group, flying off the shelves. Sales of the limited edition garment, which hit stores in June and were meant to be on sale for one week, have been extended to the end of August.
Source: WWD.com

19-08-2017
fashion elite

Nice cover.

31-08-2017
fashion elite

purepeople.com
parismatch.com

Last edited by liaa; 31-08-2017 at 08:39 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brigitte, france, lady, macron