How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-04-2006
front row

Well, everyone gets "harder" looking with age. So too will the current crop of hot models ( and I use the term "hot model" loosely because the current top models can't begin to hold a candle to the models of the '70s, '80s, and mid '90s).

Anyway, not only was Brooke stunning in her youth, American fashion was beginning to enter a very exciting time (it is truly a pity that AIDS killed so many true artists of that time).

With respect to the Natalia mentions in other posts, it was my understanding that Calvin Klein wanted Natalia to do his campaigns because she reminded him so much of Brooke. Brooke was a real money maker for CK jeans.

06-04-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottie
Well, everyone gets "harder" looking with age. So too will the current crop of hot models ( and I use the term "hot model" loosely because the current top models can't begin to hold a candle to the models of the '70s, '80s, and mid '90s).

Anyway, not only was Brooke stunning in her youth, American fashion was beginning to enter a very exciting time (it is truly a pity that AIDS killed so many true artists of that time).

With respect to the Natalia mentions in other posts, it was my understanding that Calvin Klein wanted Natalia to do his campaigns because she reminded him so much of Brooke. Brooke was a real money maker for CK jeans.
Those ads still look good today.....

10-04-2006
trendsetter

SHe was gorgeous in The Blue Lagoon, I just watched it yesterday.

10-04-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonieAlexandria
She reminds me of Natalie as well. She was a stunner, very very beautiful and innocent. But when I saw 'Pretty Baby' she realled 'turned me off' in a way. She really had something prostitute like from that moment on. I prefer her pictures, and now she's not beautiful at all anymore. She def. lost her grace.
I meant *natalia vodianova, not natalie portman!

10-04-2006
backstage pass

I can't believe her mum let her do those nude shots when she was TEN years old. that's twisted.. she's a beautiful girl but talk about oversexualised.

10-04-2006
turn and face the strange

^ I know....Is that legal?! I always thought she was naturally pretty though, especailly without all the 80s makeup.

10-04-2006
trendsetter

She reminds me of Natalie as well. She was a stunner, very very beautiful and innocent. But when I saw 'Pretty Baby' she realled 'turned me off' in a way. She really had something prostitute like from that moment on. I prefer her pictures, and now she's not beautiful at all anymore. She def. lost her grace.

Quote:
I meant *natalia vodianova, not natalie portman!
She has not lost anything...She is a woman now..not a child.. and she is lovely...Can't we keep things nice and postive in here???

11-04-2006
fashion elite

... uhm are you kidding me? why can't i say she lost her grace? and no, we can't keep everything 'nice' and positive. we are discussing celebrities and their style. are we supposed to only have godo things to say? i wasn't rude, i didn't put her down or anything. i simply said she was gorgeous as a kid, but has lost her grace and is not pretty in my eyes anymore. its MY opinion. why can't i say it ?!

Last edited by LeonieAlexandria; 11-04-2006 at 08:52 AM.
21-04-2006
fashion insider

^ I have to agree.....Brooke was so beautiful as a child and teenager, but these days she looks kind of compared to her younger self.

It's the strangest thing....I thought that people were supposed to get better looking when they became adults, not the other way around. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be mean, I love Brooke Shields but I'd be lying if I said that I think she looks beautiful.

trendsetter

Quote:
... uhm are you kidding me? why can't i say she lost her grace? and no, we can't keep everything 'nice' and positive. we are discussing celebrities and their style. are we supposed to only have godo things to say? i wasn't rude, i didn't put her down or anything. i simply said she was gorgeous as a kid, but has lost her grace and is not pretty in my eyes anymore. its MY opinion. why can't i say it ?!
I can say what I think as well....There is enough of nasty press out there I don't see the need for it here.

22-04-2006
rising star

I remember seeing her in "The Blue Lagoon" and being so mesmerized by her beauty. Not to mention, Chris Atkins and the beautiful Fijian cinematography! That movie had a lot of eye candy to offer.

22-04-2006
front row

in the Blue Lagoon she looked like a mix of Natalia Vodianova and Filippa Hamilton Palmstierna... gorgeous!

cred: icmmodels.com

cred: usemycomputer.com

Last edited by Swede_; 22-04-2006 at 03:35 PM.
22-04-2006
rising star

the first time i saw "the blue lagoon" i was 5 years old or something like that but iŽll always remember her beautiful face.........i really like her natural kept eyebrows......and they just look great with her damn gorgoes blue eyes.....

22-04-2006
backstage pass

i love her eyebrows, and the blue lagoon, i mean the two of them and then that baby, just perfection

24-04-2006
V.I.P.

She has always been so damn beautiful...such a legend!And she was the cutest kid ever!Awww she is a sweet mum!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brooke, shields