How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-01-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Carey Mulligan: Nude > Singing

It’s really too bad more people don’t feel this way.

Carey Mulligan was in New York this morning still promoting Inside Llewyn Davis. Matt Lauer reminded her of when she once said that she’d rather go nude than sing on camera. She was super cute about it. And those dimples came out. Watch the video below. I love her. I LOVE HER SO MUCH. And she looks glorious with the warm brown hair against her skin. Someone needs to write a poem about it, it’s so lovely.

Carey was also on Kelly & Michael today. I watched it while I was in makeup – she wore the same outfit. Many of them change between shows. Carey wasn’t bothering with changes. F-ck, neither would I. In this weather especially. But I wonder, going forward, if the changing thing becomes the move of the mocktress, and how we differentiate between them and actresses.

laineygossip

Interview: http://www.today.com/video/today/53992427

Quite an edgy outfit after all the minimalist looks this past year. Are the shoes Givenchy?

06-01-2014
fashion insider

Lainey's writing style makes me want to poke my eyeballs out.

I like that she's wearing something appropriate for the weather. Her coat looks snug and warm but I'd like to see the rest of her outfit.

06-01-2014
When in doubt, wear red.

I just love her hair at the moment.
Wondering what's under that big coat. The shoes are great that's for sure.

.my prison is your brain.

Simply, perfection
I can't wait to see 'ILD' from what I've read the Coen Brothers really pushed her out of her comfort zone, excited to see the outcome of it.

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 06-01-2014 at 05:33 PM.
06-01-2014
V.I.P.

According to JustJared, she wore Proenza Schouler. It looks like it derives from the Spring collection. The coat is Dior.

justjared

Also, I came across these pictures from 2010 on The Today Show. Never seen them before. I really love what she's wearing here, and I know a lot of people loved her hair from that period.

mydaily, getty

V.I.P.

just jared

V.I.P.

I think with that hair she looks most beautiful. I love seeing her. Missing her movies!!

07-01-2014
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
Also, I came across these pictures from 2010 on The Today Show. Never seen them before. I really love what she's wearing here, and I know a lot of people loved her hair from that period.

*Please do not quote pictures*

mydaily, getty
I know I keep saying this all the time but I miss her style (both hair and clothes) back then so much

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 07-01-2014 at 10:12 AM.
10-01-2014
V.I.P.

I much prefer her with dark hair - I think her best looks came during her promotional tour for An Education. Whoever was styling her back then should return asap

V.I.P.

^I think she glows with darker hair, particularly when it is long. It seems she probably agrees because ever since she dyed it she has been wearing her hair down more. I like her hair blonde or auburn when it is short, though. She also photographs better with darker hair...

Quote:
W Magazine February 2014.

Quote:
As a folksinger in Inside Llewyn Davis, the actress fights fear and finds her voice.
Late last September, Carey Mulligan stood on the stage at the Town Hall in New York surrounded by some of the most famous musicians in the world—including her husband, Marcus Mumford, of Mumford & Sons, Patti Smith, and Joan Baez—and she looked as if she might faint. “I was terrified to sing in that company,” Mulligan recalled two months later, still sounding shaky and awestruck. She was on her way to the airport in Los Angeles, about to return home to London, where she had recently filmed Far From the Madding Crowd, an adaptation of the Thomas Hardy novel. The film represents a return to Mulligan’s British roots: In 2013, she played the iconic American character Daisy Buchanan in The Great Gatsby, as well as Jean Berkey, a complex American folksinger in Joel and Ethan Coen’s Inside Llewyn Davis. “I wasn’t sure I could do the part,” Mulligan said of the latter. “I was so immersed in the fantasy world of Daisy. I finished Gatsby on a Friday afternoon, and by the weekend I was in a long wig filming Llewyn Davis in Washington Square Park.” Mulligan appreciated being able to stomp around in a trenchcoat after all the Gatsby gowns and jewels. “As Jean, I was swearing like a trooper, and the Coens would be saying, ‘More, more—make her even harsher!’ ” she said, laughing. “There was never a conversation about trying to make any of the characters in Llewyn Davis likable.”

Based loosely on the autobiography of Dave Van Ronk, the film centers on an uncompromising folksinger who would rather self–destruct than sell out. Oscar Isaac, in the title role of Davis, is at once maddening and captivating. Berkey, his sometime lover and a singer herself, is envious of and angered by his artistic purity of intent. Like pretty much every Coen brothers film, Inside Llewyn Davis is the story of a beautiful American loser.

“My biggest concern was the singing,” Mulligan continued. “I was a wreck. But when T Bone Burnett [the musical producer for the film] asked me to sing 500 Miles at Town Hall, I couldn’t say no. Every time I did the song, I’d **** it up. T Bone told me, ‘Whiskey helps.’ I hadn’t had a drink in a month, but after three sips, I was so up for singing.”

In fact, Mulligan sang beautifully at the Town Hall that night (and also in the movie) as part of Another Day, Another Time, a concert benefiting the National Recording Preservation Foundation. “The community of musicians is so enviable,” she recalled. “They walk into a room and they are immediately friends because they all play music. Actors don’t have that easy rapport—we can walk into a room and start improvising, but nobody wants that.”

When she was young, growing up in hotels all over Europe where her father worked as a manager, Mulligan, 28, often took the male roles in the all-girl schools she attended. “The men had better parts,” she told me. “The girl parts were always a bit lame.” In her professional career, she has made a point of not accepting roles as the woman in the shadow of the leading man. “I rather like being brutal in movies. I never thought it would be very interesting to play someone uncomplicated. I find if I’m not scared, then I’m probably not right for the role.”
wmagazine

Quote:
On Graham Norton.

dailymail

V.I.P.

Yay she's on Graham Norton again? She looks great

V.I.P.

Awww love the shot for W <3

V.I.P.

Quote:
Carey Mulligan and Oscar Isaac, photography by Henry Bourne for Harper’s Bazaar UK, Feb 2014.

edenliaothewomb's tumblr

EDIT: Graham Norton

She kept on readjusting the top of her jumpsuit.

Last edited by LolaSvelt; 12-01-2014 at 01:45 PM.
17-01-2014
V.I.P.

I don't know why but with this hair color/style and her current wardrobe she reminds me of Katie Holmes.

V.I.P.

Quote:
The dark side of Carey Mulligan

She likes dark, difficult characters. She doesn't like questions about her faith, her pop star husband, pet pigs, politics…

Quote:
Carey Mulligan. Photograph: Stevie and Mada for the Guardian
Read the interview here, it is super long; would take me ages to copy! It's a really strange interview. She keeps telling the interviewer that she doesn't want to talk about her private life and then goes on and on talking about her and husband even more! She chose the wrong journalist to have an interview with.

theguardian

Last edited by LolaSvelt; 18-01-2014 at 06:35 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
carey, mulligan