How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-07-2014
backstage pass

I saw Skylight today! I've got to agree, she was spectacular in it. The monologue was great and the way she can break down is so beautiful to watch.

I went around the back of the theatre afterwards - unfortunately she was not allowing photographs but you were able to speak a quick couple of words with her! So I wished her luck for Suffragette and Far From the Madding Crowd . Carey said she was going on holiday to Ireland once Skylight finishes it's run.

She is cute in real life! Great skin and basically zero makeup. She was wearing a black maxi, black blazer and black sandals.

28-07-2014
V.I.P.

^I can't wait to see it next month!
Quote:
Leaving Wyndham's Theatre on July 22, 2014.

hdutopia

31-07-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Out in Soho, London on July 30, 2014.

dailymail

05-08-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
In London on August 3, 2014.

dailymail

05-08-2014
V.I.P.

Sorry for spamming.

hdutopia

11-08-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
At The Ivy on August 9, 2014 in London.

dailymail

04-09-2014
fashion elite

Skylight is transferring to Broadway. If you can see it, I would strongly urge you too.
Quote:
London hit “Skylight” will get a Broadway transfer this spring, with stars Carey Mulligan and Bill Nighy reprising their roles in Stephen Daldry’s staging of the 1995 play by David Hare.

The production slips into the Golden Theater following the starry fall revival of “A Delicate Balance,” with a cast headlined by Glenn Close. Robert Fox and Scott Rudin, who both produced the show’s West End run in London, will bring the title to New York; Rudin also produces “Delicate Balance” this season, and will occupy Broadway’s Cort Theater with “This Is Our Youth” and the new play by Larry David, “Fish in the Dark.”

The limited London run of “Skylight” earned glowing reviews when it opened in June, helping to spur expectations of a Broadway run. Carey Mulligan was last on the Main Stem in the 2008 revival of “The Seagull” that starred Kristin Scott Thomas, while Nighy’s most recent stint on Broadway was in another Hare play, “The Vertical Hour,” in 2006.

The storyline follows two former lovers whose clashing beliefs emerge during an attempt to reignite their romance.

Matthew Beard, the third actor in the West End staging of the three-character play, also will make the move to the Broadway production, designed by Bob Crowley (sets and costumes), Natasha Katz (lights), Paul Arditti (sound) and Paul Englishby (original music).

“Skylight” begins previews March 16 for a 13-week run that opens April 2.
variety

25-09-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
In Venice Beach on September 23, 2014.

hdutopia

29-09-2014
V.I.P.

wait, did I miss something? Did she have a baby?
I do love her hair darker like that. The brunette and red shades really look great on her.

tfs star

^that was my first thought too. but aparentely the baby is from the friends she's walking with...

07-10-2014
V.I.P.

Sweet pictures.
Quote:
Hollywood star Carey Mulligan returned to her Welsh roots today as she joined her mother and grandmother for a walk in the fight against dementia.

The award-winning actress, who has appeared in The Great Gatsby opposite Leonardo DiCaprio, is an ambassador for the Alzheimer’s Society and was keen to be among the 1,700 participants at the Swansea Memory Walk.

As well as taking part in the 10km trek, the Bafta-winning actress opened the event at Swansea Marina which is expected to have raised tens of thousands of pounds for people with dementia and their carers.
She was joined on the day by her mother Nano Mulligan, who is from Llandeilo, and her grandmother, Nans, who was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease in 2002 when Carey was a teenager and now lives in a care home in Pontardawe.

“It has been inspirational to see so many people of different ages come together today to fight dementia,” said the actress who was recently seen in the National Theatre’s acclaimed production Skylight opposite Bill Nighy.

“I only ever had experience with Nans and how she went through it, but when you meet other people, you realise how different it is from person to person.

"It’s such an individual thing and that’s a reminder about how unique everyone is and how important it is to respect each person for who they really are.

“Our family lives with dementia and we have seen how devastating it can be. I can’t imagine how we would deal with it if we didn’t have the help that we have – the amazing home that Nans is in and the incredible support of Alzheimer’s Society.”

Memory Walk is Alzheimer’s Society’s flagship fundraising event which sees walks taking place around the UK throughout the autumn. It is a day to walk, share and celebrate someone special and everyone walks with one common goal: to defeat dementia.

Funds raised from Swansea Memory Walk will be used to support people living with dementia and their carers and to fund research into finding a cure.
(via Walesonline)

dailymail

07-10-2014
backstage pass

Sooo cute.

08-10-2014
V.I.P.

.my prison is your brain.

Good for her, great cause

08-10-2014
fashion elite

Previous Thread | Next Thread »