How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-05-2011
V.I.P.

the dress looks like an apron =/

29-05-2011
trendsetter

Oh dear, I hope it's not Marcus Mumford's style rubbing off on her!

29-05-2011
V.I.P.

I've been following her style for quite a long time now, and I've never seen this look before:

At the Australian premiere of Inglourious Basterds.

No doubt inspired by Audrey Hepburn.

alisonkerr.wordpress, fashionstyleadvice

I wonder if An Education inspired her style during 2009/2010? Maybe her inspiration from that era has worn off since.

Last edited by LolaSvelt; 29-05-2011 at 03:47 PM.

29-05-2011
rising star

Oh wow, I've never seen that! That is really cute.

29-05-2011
rising star

What's happening to her? I don't like her boho outfits at all. And new hair makes it even worse

29-05-2011
V.I.P.

Thanks for posting that LolaSvelt! I've never seen it either. So cute!

This last outfit isn't bad, but it's not exciting either.

29-05-2011
V.I.P.

the last outfit is hideous, she has outdone herself in this hobo style.

29-05-2011
front row

She looks like any other artsy hipster girl walking around town... and why shouldn't she, she IS an artist... an actress. Just a lot more successful than most!

29-05-2011
V.I.P.

she has not been looking the best lately.
it looks like she is extremely tiared.
hope everything is okay.
she is the most talented young actress at the moment.

30-05-2011
trendsetter

^she's probably just a little stretched thin right now with the play, and maybe some timezone jet lag or something! Her candid/street style has always left something to be desired thought, that's nothing new

30-05-2011
trendsetter

Right now, she is doing eight shows a week and as they're still in previews (opening is June 6) she will be in rehearsals during the day too. So five, six hours a day rehearsals topped by two and a bit hours on stage every night and this isn't some light cheery farce, it's a very heavy play and her character is 'troubled'. It's not really surprising that she looks exhausted. I said it before too, personally, I don't care what she wears in her free time, I'm not going to judge what she wears in her off duty time where she's not asking to be photographed or examined from head to toe.

30-05-2011
V.I.P.

I've seen the Bergman film. I could only imagine how challenging the part is.

30-05-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepaperstars View Post
Right now, she is doing eight shows a week and as they're still in previews (opening is June 6) she will be in rehearsals during the day too. So five, six hours a day rehearsals topped by two and a bit hours on stage every night and this isn't some light cheery farce, it's a very heavy play and her character is 'troubled'. It's not really surprising that she looks exhausted. I said it before too, personally, I don't care what she wears in her free time, I'm not going to judge what she wears in her off duty time where she's not asking to be photographed or examined from head to toe.
Exactly, I 've seen the Bergman movie and this is trmendoulsy challanging. And to perform this character everyday is going to be extrememly draining.

I love the fact that she is challangin herself, she is truly one of the most talented young actors out there.

30-05-2011
front row

i can't believe people can dislike what she's been wearing- i LOVE all the outfits and i went through that growing out hair stage, it's a difficult one! i think she does it well. she's so refreshing i love her

30-05-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepaperstars View Post
Exactly. I've not seen the film, but I have read about it, so it worries me a little that people continue to exact her to be "on point" with her style. She's only human, so if she wants to dress comfortable, then let her! We all have our days when we just want to have comfort over style, so why can't she? I'm really big into fashion like the most of us here, and I honestly see nothing wrong with what she's worn. It may not be my taste, but her comfort is more important than impressing people.

I also read that she goes topless in the play, is that true?

Last edited by misguidedghosts; 30-05-2011 at 07:49 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2011, carey, mulligan, november, september