How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-06-2011
V.I.P.

it doesn't look like she's wearing any make-up at the after party (though she probably is). I think that's part of what makes her look a bit rough. Also, I hate everything about that dress, the blue shade is horrible and those shoes are just wrong. Plus her hair looks a mess

07-06-2011
fashion elite

^Wow thanks Lolasvelt, I read the NYTimes review this morning they really love her. They also gave her rave reviews for "The Seagull" back in the day.

Congrats Carey!

07-06-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajrekshn View Post
it's a cute pic, but i hate her outfit (is it just me or, if we exclude the last 2 outfits, she tends to take upon/change her style depending of her boyfriends? when she dated shia she was minimal, when she dated eddie it was all about oxfords and pea coats and now it's all about totally hobo when she's with the mumford guy?).
I doubt she ever actually dated Eddie and she was only seen out in public with him once, so I don't think you can really put him into the equation.

I think it depends on what she's doing at the moment or what she's inspired by, like everyone else.

07-06-2011
V.I.P.

that's just wonderful for her!

07-06-2011
trendsetter

The NY Times is the only review that counts, if Brantley or Isherwood like you, you're set, they wield an extraordinary amount of power in the theatre industry. A bad review from them can go a long way to closing a show and making or breaking a performer or directors career on the stage.
Carey was wonderful last night, I haven't seen the show since the second preview and it was lovely to see how far it, and her performance, had come. She's such a fearless actress, she's pleasure to watch. I spoke to her at the after party, gave the poor lamb a hug, she is exhausted, and looked it as you've seen, but she's such a happy bunny being on stage.
In a lame attempt to keep this post about clothes, the dress was really cute in person.

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 07-06-2011 at 11:56 AM.

07-06-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlyevil View Post
I doubt she ever actually dated Eddie and she was only seen out in public with him once, so I don't think you can really put him into the equation.

I think it depends on what she's doing at the moment or what she's inspired by, like everyone else.
Yeah, I think An Education really inspired her style and she even incorporated that type of style in Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps. At the moment, I think she seems to be channelling her character in Through A Glass Darkly with the bourgeois bohemian style.

I remember reading that Keira Knightley recently got inspired by costumes in The Children's Hour. It happens.

07-06-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepaperstars View Post
The NY Times is the only review that counts, if Brantley or Isherwood like you, you're set, they wield an extraordinary amount of power in the theatre industry. A bad review from them can go a long way to closing a show and making or breaking a performer or directors career on the stage.
Carey was wonderful last night, I haven't seen the show since the second preview and it was lovely to see how far it, and her performance, had come. She's such a fearless actress, she's pleasure to watch. I spoke to her at the after party, gave the poor lamb a hug, she is exhausted, and looked it as you've seen, but she's such a happy bunny being on stage.
In a lame attempt to keep this post about clothes, the dress was really cute in person.
Thanks so much for the info! So glad to hear that she was great.

08-06-2011
trendsetter

cute in the black dress!!

11-06-2011
V.I.P.

I loved the Marc Jacobs dress she wore to the Never Let Me Go press conference last year. I don't think there were any HQs posted of it:

punjabijunktion

11-06-2011
front row

don,t like the pants...

11-06-2011
V.I.P.

Loved that MJ dress!!
Posted via Mobile Device

12-06-2011
rising star

I love her dress and make up from that press conference. It's so simple but still so nice.

13-06-2011
trendsetter

I love the marc jacobs dress! She looks very mature and angelic in it!

13-06-2011
fashion elite

I went to see her play yesterday, and guys she is absolutely fantastic!!! Liuke Meryl Streep caliber fantastic, she is truly the most gifted actor of her generation! I highly reccomend the play to anyone who is in the area.

13-06-2011
rising star

I'm going to see it closing night and I really can't wait. I'm traveling all the way to NY cos honestly, she's worth the travel.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2011, carey, mulligan, november, september