How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-06-2011
V.I.P.

it's an okay outfit, controlled hobo-ish.
i like her the best with short hair, and i know i'm in a minority, but i don't think that long hair suits her nicely, little below the ear? fine and cute, but as soon as it gets below her chin, i don't think it looks nice and what's weird, she always, for me, looked like she's wearing a wig whever i saw pics of her with the long hair - looking unnatural for me, i guess?

her physique has changed since those WS2 days from what i can see comparing it to how it looks now.

17-06-2011
V.I.P.

^The long hair isn't necessarily bad on her, I just think it accentuates her baby face and makes her look younger than she is.
Still gorgeous though.

She looks better with it pixie-length or the length it was when she promoted Never Let Me Go with Keira.

dailytelegraph

17-06-2011
V.I.P.

I think longer hair would suit her, she just needs to play with the style and colour. I don't think the short hair is that flattering, it makes her look older but not in a good way

17-06-2011
V.I.P.

I don't like this last look, specially the long skirt

17-06-2011
trendsetter

I definitely miss her pixie cut but I think she looks better blonde with the length she has now.

18-06-2011
V.I.P.

Kinda like the new outfit!
Posted via Mobile Device

18-06-2011
rising star

I really like her with long hair. Like sobriquet87 said, it really makes her look younger, and over all just like the other hair style she's had, it just really suits her. I am convinced that she can pull off any hairstyle because I've yet to see her actually look bad after changing her hair.

Here are some other long hair looks from earlier in her career.

Trial & Retribution - Sins of the Father (2006)

The Amazing Mrs. Pritchard (2006)

Doctor Who (2007)

Agatha Christie Marple: The Sittaford Mystery (2006)

carey-mulligan.net

Last edited by misguidedghosts; 18-06-2011 at 06:34 AM.

18-06-2011
fashion elite

I love her both with long and short hair, but I think the pixie cut suits her very well.

18-06-2011
V.I.P.

I just watched Pride and Prejudice. lol. And I love the long hair.
And she is just so beautiful. I hope that's not random, but I love her face.

19-06-2011
trendsetter

She looks so pretty with long hair but it def does make her look younger!!Maybe if it wasn't blonde but long....

19-06-2011
fashion icon

I think having long hair has helped Carey in her career for some of her roles. For example, her role in An Education I think would have been differently if she'd had a shorter hairstyle. She needed to have a longer hairstyle in order to look younger and achieve the right look for her character. However, that said, I really love the pixi cut on her as well. She's lucky she has one of those faces which can pull of different hairstyles well.

19-06-2011
trendsetter

I think in An Education she wore a wig didn't she?!

She's said in interviews that she hates her hair short, but she only cut it because she bleached it and it fried her hair something terrible.

19-06-2011
rising star

No, that was her real hair in An Education. There's an interview where she says she wants her hair to be that way again. Plus, when she was doing Wall Street, Oliver was shocked she didn't have long hair and wanted her to wear a wig and she wasn't having that, so I don't think she likes wigs.

19-06-2011
fashion elite

Poor Carey has said that her hair was completely ruined when Michael MAnn made her bleach it (!!!) for "Public Enemy", and then MAnn almost completely cut her out of the movie. She said hair was so damaged, she said she had so much breakage she had to cut it.

19-06-2011
rising star

Yeah! I read about that, too, and that's why it's taking so long for it to grow out. But honestly, I think they should just stop coloring her hair all together because it's like every six months it's a new color and that just... can't be good for someones hair.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2011, carey, mulligan, november, september