How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-07-2011
trendsetter

Hmmm, I wonder what the movie will actually be about?! Maybe a western type of movie? It'd be cool if she got to be a cowgirl or something!

04-07-2011
rising star

I saw her play on closing night and holy crap, she is such an amazing actress. I mean I knew she was brilliant at what she does, but she was just... I was blown away.

04-07-2011
trendsetter

I always maintain that film can cover a lot of sins with actors but put them on a stage an you'll see whether they can really act. Carey really can.

04-07-2011
V.I.P.

So now that the play has finished, is she headed to Sydney straight away for The Great Gatsby? That being said, I find the filming location very, very bizarre.

04-07-2011
I don't know

for what? Great Gatsby or the other project?

Because if it's for GG, it's understandable. Luhrmann is australian (right) and I take it he prefers to shoot there since it might be cheaper (and good for the Australian economy).

04-07-2011
V.I.P.

Yeah, but the setting for The Great Gatsby is actually quite integral to the plot, isn't it? But I guess considering it's going to be in 3D (another headscratcher), I think it'll be completely shot inside a studio?

04-07-2011
trendsetter

The only thing Baz has shot outside Australia was Romeo & Juliet, in Mexico City but it was a difficult shoot so I guess he prefers to stay where he knows. Aesthetically I don;t see how it will be a problem. I think they have a month or so before they go into pre-production from what I know.

04-07-2011
I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
Yeah, but the setting for The Great Gatsby is actually quite integral to the plot, isn't it? But I guess considering it's going to be in 3D (another headscratcher), I think it'll be completely shot inside a studio?
I still don't understand the need for 3D but I think the setting should be quite easy to recreate. Since it takes place in the late 20s the setting would need some tweaking even if they decided to shoot it in NY/Long Island.

ETA: Knowing Luhrmanns sense for aesthetics, I'm sure it will look pleasing.

Last edited by saann; 04-07-2011 at 04:58 PM.

04-07-2011
V.I.P.

I'm so excited to see her in Gatsby. Any news on who the costume designer will be for the movie?

04-07-2011
trendsetter

It'll be Catherine Martin, Baz's wife, he doesn't work with anyone else. If her past work is to go by they will be stunning costumes. Nicoles red dress & grey/black outfit from Moulin Rouge & her entire wardrobe in Australia are just lust worthy. Frankly when it was announced Baz was doing Gatsby the first thing that sprung to mind was that Catherine would be doing the costumes!

04-07-2011
scenester

Quote:
Carey Mulligan Gets Cozy With Mystery Man
RumorFix has obtained exclusive photographs of actress Carey Mulligan getting cozy with a mystery man in New York City.

Sporting a blue Venice Beach tank top, the unidentified male was seen playing with Mulligan's hair as they stood outside a deli together. Upon seeing the photographer, Mulligan tried to hide, then she quickly parted ways with her boy toy - but not before our cameras got these candid shots.

These two certainly have that whole hobo look down. We thought they were European backpackers for a minute - oh, wait.

Anyway, no word yet on who the mystery man is, but it's the second mysterio Carey's been spotted with since breaking up with Shia LaBeouf last year.

RumorFix

04-07-2011
V.I.P.

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I don't think she's getting cozy with him at all! She is turning into one of those celebrities who just gets linked to every guy she stares at.

Poor girl also bruises like a peach. I heard the play was very physical.

04-07-2011
trendsetter

I really don't like to comment on candids, but the guy is wearing and baseball cap from the Broadway production of Enron, he's clearly crew. I don't recognise him but smart money's on him being her dresser or stage manager. Stupid press.

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 04-07-2011 at 06:11 PM.

04-07-2011
V.I.P.

She looks adorable! Love her dress!

04-07-2011
trendsetter

her dress is Madewell.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2011, carey, mulligan, november, september