How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-10-2011
V.I.P.

i'm so seeing it next week.
can't wait.

10-10-2011
trendsetter

I think she gives great performances in both films, she's got two fabulous leading men to bounce off and that makes all the difference. Pleased to hear she's getting some recognition for them. She might well swing a GG or Bafta nod but I think at this stage an Oscar nom is out of the question unless they suddenly create some serious heat.

10-10-2011
backstage pass

Why do you say that? I know it's soon but I think this is a great year for leading actress performances: Michelle Williams, Meryl Streep, Kirsten Dunst... But in the supporting category it's not hard to imagine Carey stealing the scene... especially if she gets a GG!

10-10-2011
trendsetter

Without getting too off topic, she's there, don't get me wrong ( I love the girl, I really do she's a sweetheart and for me she's given two of the standout performances of the year next to Jessica Chastain,) but there are other performances this season, Octavia Spencer, Janet McTeer, Vanessa Redgrave, Chastain who are looking really good right now. I'd love to see her up there again, but she's fighting for a final place and could easily be squeezed out if someone like Judi Dench or Sandra Bullock picks up some steam. She's had good reviews, yes, but it's translating that. She's had a good year and is certainly making good on that first nomination, I think Drive is out of the question but it really depends on how things progress with Shame. It's a matter of whether the buzz that's starting to build for Fass is to her benefit or detriment.

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 10-10-2011 at 03:32 PM.

12-10-2011
V.I.P.

It seems that she'll be at the MET Gala next year!

Quote:
The Party of the Year Returns: The Work of Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada to Be Celebrated this Spring at the Met

The Costume Institute of The Metropolitan Museum of Art announced Wednesday that their spring 2012 exhibition will be Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada: On Fashion, a fascinating exploration of these two Italian designers from two very different eras, in a format inspired by Miguel Covarrubia's "Impossible Interviews" published in Vanity Fair in the 1930s. The exhibition, which will be curated by the Costume Institute's curator in charge, Harold Koda, and curator, Andrew Bolton, will feature approximately 80 designs by Schiaparelli (1890-1973) from the late 1920s to the early 1950s and the work of Ms. Prada from the late 1980s to present. Set to open on May 10th, the grand unveiling will be preceded by the annual Costume Institute Benefit Gala, co-chaired this spring by actress Carey Mulligan, designer Miuccia Prada, and Anna Wintour, the Editor in Chief of Vogue. Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon.com, will serve as honorary chair. While the guest list for the party of the year is yet to be announced, Baz Luhrmann will be the exhibition and gala's creative consultant. He will be joined by Nathan Crowley, who will serve as production designer, and Raul Avila, who has overseen the benefit's magnificent decor since 2007.
vogue via melancholybaby

12-10-2011
trendsetter

Ties in wonderfully with Gatsby.

12-10-2011
rising star

Shame was really good and her performance in it was amazing. I honestly thought she was better than Michael Fassbender, and their scenes together were just so good. I just loved how well they bounced off one another. I'm just kind of sad that everyone is talking about Michael's performance in it, but not hers, when she deserves just as much attention.

12-10-2011
V.I.P.

Actually, she has been getting a lot of attention for her performance. Critics have been singling her out and festival-goers have called performance scene-stealing and memorable.

13-10-2011
backstage pass

Maybe it looks like Michael is getting more attention because he's the only one promoting the movie worldwide, since Carey is busy filming in Australia...

13-10-2011
fashion elite

^I agree, critics have been reaving about her performance although all the blogs which are already predicitng and charting the OScar race do not have her on any of their shortlists, which is really disapointing, all they have is Fassbender no Carey.

13-10-2011
rising star

She really has it all- all her co-stars are the hottest men in Hollywood (Fassbender, Gosling, Garfield etc.), she's got so much talent and the best sense of style while still being really well-grounded. Love her so much!

13-10-2011
trendsetter

I'm disappointed filming of The Great Gatsby has interfered with promotion of Shame. I was really looking forward to her promoting it!

14-10-2011
V.I.P.

Shame trailer: http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/video...?newsfeed=true

14-10-2011
backstage pass

OMG Finally!! Thank you very much!
Amazing trailer!

I hope Carey will be at the London FF tonight.

14-10-2011
V.I.P.

that film looks rather boring...but I will see it just because Carey is in it.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2013, carey, mulligan, september