How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-10-2012
trendsetter

source for #717 is ohiseeyouthere@tumblr

06-10-2012
V.I.P.

beyond cute in these new pics.

11-10-2012
backstage pass

The Great Gatsby Hair Secrets Revealed

Quote:
BAZ LUHRMANN'S upcoming film adaptation of The Great Gatsby has prompted true Twenties fever, from Gucci's sequinned flapper dresses this summer to the furore that ensued after the first stills of stars Carey Mulligan, Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire were released earlier this year. We spoke to Kerry Warn - international creative consultant for John Frieda and hair designer for The Great Gatsby - about working with Carey, the on-set atmosphere and the Twenties hairstyle to copy.

What brief were you given for Carey Mulligan's Gatsby hair?

We wanted to create a hair look that modernised the classic Twenties look that we all know so well. That look has been done so many times already, and so well that we wanted to take a fresh approach and make the look for this film more contemporary. So the final look was more our interpretation of the Twenties rather than vintage Twenties.

How did you do your research?

I didn't want my mind to be distracted by history so I didn't watch the Seventies film version of the book or scour picture libraries. I wanted my inspiration to be fresh and new. I already had in my mind how I wanted Daisy and Jordan (the female leads) to look. And I worked very closely with Baz (Luhrmann, director) and Catherine (Martin, production designer) to make sure that we got it right.

What was Carey like to work with?

Utterly charming. I hadn't had the pleasure of working with her before but I hope I do again. Carey was happy to let us do our jobs - she trusted our judgement. We discussed the look beforehand with her and where we were going to go with it - simple and pure-looking hair that she carried off beautifully. I couldn't think of anyone better [to play Daisy]. Carey is a true thespian - an amazing actress who truly captured the essence of Daisy. She blows you away.
http://www.vogue.co.uk/beauty/2012/1...ies-hairstyles

11-10-2012
fashion icon

I like how she is first and foremost an actress and not just a professional party hopper who turns up on red carpets in designer clothes every other day like so many "actresses" seem to do nowadays.

14-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
English actress Carey Mulligan seen leaving from the popular celebrity hangout Chateau Marmont in Hollywood on October 13, 2012

zimbio

Damn, look how fast her hair is growing. Maybe it's because we don't see her so often nowadays that it seems like yesterday she cut her hair short for Gatsby.

14-10-2012
trendsetter

Wow, it's so strange to see her with longer hair. It looks good though!

14-10-2012
trendsetter

I'm so glad to see her hair growing out. It will be a nice change from the pixie!

14-10-2012
backstage pass

it is wierd to see her with longer hair, but it suits to her!
i really like her flats and she just always looks good.

15-10-2012
scenester

I guess I am the only one who doesn't like her longer hair ! But I loved her bob so much, I really miss it.

16-10-2012
backstage pass

Very pretty

16-10-2012
I don't know

Love the length her hair is at right now. I hope she doesn't cut it nor grow it any longer

16-10-2012
V.I.P.

love her hair at this length as well, i can't believe how healthy it's looking, given that she has bleached it so many times

16-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: As packages firm up for AFM, here’s one that will surely reverberate in Santa Monica. Robert Pattinson is signing on to star with Carey Mulligan in Hold On To Me. The film will be directed by James Marsh, who won an Oscar for the docu Man On Wire and followed with Project Nim.

Pic is based on a true story about a femme fatale who with her boyfriend kidnaps and ransoms the town’s richest man. They bury him in a box and things go horribly awry. Pattinson plays the flashy supporting role of the woman’s life love, Jimmy, who isn’t involved in the crime. The project was scripted by Brad Ingelsby.

Indian Paintbrush’s Steven Rales, Mark Roybal and Michael Pruss are producing with Alexandra Milchan. Also producing is Todd Field, who originally developed the film to direct, but stepped off to helm Creed of Violence for Cross Creek.
deadline

16-10-2012
V.I.P.

Her Another Magazine editorial was never fully posted:

carey-mulligan.net

17-10-2012
V.I.P.

It's such a great editorial - thanks for posting it in full!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2013, carey, mulligan, september