How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

Is that a Lanvin dress? Looks very similar to some of Alber's earlier stuff.

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

i don't like this dress. it looks like a nightgown

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

dailymail.co.uk

12-03-2013
V.I.P.

Yay!
Quote:
Who said there are no second acts in American lives? Oh, right: It was F. Scott Fitzgerald, whose seminal novel, “The Great Gatsby,” is getting a lavish reinterpretation from the director Baz Luhrmann that will open the Cannes Film Festival, its organizers announced Tuesday.

Mr. Luhrmann’s adaptation of “The Great Gatsby,” Fitzgerald’s tale of opulence, excess and the degradation of the American dream, stars Leonardo DiCaprio as the mysterious West Egg millionaire Jay Gatsby, Tobey Maguire as his friend and admirer Nick Carraway, Carey Mulligan as Gatsby’s romantic obsession, Daisy Buchanan, and Joel Edgerton, as her husband, Tom. While there have been several movie versions of “The Great Gatsby” (including the 1974 film that starred Robert Redford, Sam Waterston and Mia Farrow), this one from Mr. Luhrmann (the director of “Romeo + Juliet” and “Moulin Rouge!”) is surely the first to be presented in 3-D, old sport.

Mr. Luhrmann said in a statement: “It is a great honor for all those who have worked on ‘The Great Gatsby’ to open the Cannes Film Festival. We are thrilled to return to a country, place and festival that has always been so close to our hearts, not only because my first film ‘Strictly Ballroom’ was screened there 21 years ago, but also because F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote some of the most poignant and beautiful passages of his extraordinary novel just a short distance away at a villa outside Saint-Raphaël.”

This year’s festival starts May 15, five days after “The Great Gatsby” is to be released in the United States, and will beat on, boats against the current, until May 26.
nytimes

12-03-2013
fashion insider

Yes! I expected this. I really hope that it isn't as bad as I think it will be.

12-03-2013
fashion icon

^The cast is probably hoping the same. Cannes audiences have been known to boo bad films.

12-03-2013
fashion insider

I think it will be good if this particular film gets a strong reaction whether it be boos or overwhelming love. A film that provokes no reaction from the audience is the worst, especially at Cannes.

12-03-2013
tfs star

Yeah, boos you can work with. The Tree of Life and Inglourious Basterds were both booed at Cannes. But if you can hear a pin drop then... Regardless of the Cannes reaction, I have very little hope for this film.

12-03-2013
backstage pass

they really boo to those movies they think are bad?
what on earth...are they really adults?
i mean that kind of behave you can expect from teenager who hates everyone and everything.

13-03-2013
fashion insider

Carey's being styled by Ryan Hastings for The Great Gatsby promo tour according to The Hollywood Reporter. Who was her previous stylist?

Quote:
Much like his notoriously shy clients, Hastings avoids the limelight (he declined comment for this feature), and maybe that’s why his cool factor is through the roof. But we hear that he just landed Hollywood’s most celebrated gamine actress, Carey Mulligan, who’s gearing up to tour for The Great Gatsby.

13-03-2013
V.I.P.

^Tiina Laakkonen styled her during award season (my favourite Carey period) in 2010. After that it was Samantha McMillen from then on.

That is quite possibly the best news I've heard today (Pope announcement and all)! I wasn't really happy with some of her looks after Laakkonen stopped styling her. I loved most of her dresses, but the way the looks were styled were a little trendy. Hastings is really good with Mara and Wasikowska. He has the best job in the world styling three versatile ladies on the red carpet, I love all of them.

13-03-2013
fashion insider

Thanks! I'm very interested to see how he styles Carey as I feel he's one of only a few celebrity stylists who actually styles their clients properly.

14-03-2013
V.I.P.

oh my, Hastings is amazing, can't wait!

26-03-2013
backstage pass

New Gatsby:

26-03-2013
backstage pass

I still can't believe the film is going to be in 3D....Thanks for the posts

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags