How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-11-2011
fashion elite

SHe looks amazing in the photos above, love the hair and the make up.

01-11-2011
fashion icon

I'm not sure if it's the hair or just her facial features but Carey looks like she's in her thirties.

01-11-2011
V.I.P.

Last edited by LolaSvelt; 01-11-2011 at 08:47 AM.

01-11-2011
V.I.P.

she always has awesome short haircut. perfection.
i didn't have a clue she had a tattoo. is it new or? i love that sweater. it's cute.

01-11-2011
V.I.P.

aww her bird tattoo is cute!

01-11-2011
trendsetter

She got it a little while ago. It's a "reminder" of her time of stage for The Seagull.

Her hair and outfits lately remind me of her style while shooting Wall Street. It's the best look for her.

Last edited by girlyevil; 01-11-2011 at 11:28 AM.

01-11-2011
V.I.P.

oh! thank you for the explanation.
i like how minimalistic it is.

01-11-2011
V.I.P.

Love her sweater!
Posted via Mobile Device

01-11-2011
fashion elite

she comes off as a bit conceited to me...don't know why...it's like some kind of intuition and I might be wrong...it's just my impression (I know there are many hard-core Carey-fans so please don't see it as bashing)...maybe it's the way she holds herself...or the "artisty way" she is going for..don't know...her outfits are really very much "her" - kind of conservative-alternative-retro-hippish-elegant-stylish... well, Williamsburg, Soho and Nottinghill-snobish style that would be I guess

01-11-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomarlushka View Post
she comes off as a bit conceited to me...don't know why...it's like some kind of intuition and I might be wrong...it's just my impressionguess
You're guess is as good as anyone's (apart from people who actually know her I guess....)

01-11-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterpeacock View Post
You're guess is as good as anyone's (apart from people who actually know her I guess....)
I agree...there can be about 7 billion people with each one having different feelings and intuitions about other people due to their behaviour...and even people that "know" somebody personally don't always know the other 1oo% or as well as family members or close friends would...so that's why it was expressed as a personal opinion and not a generalization...it might speak that I don't click with people with that kind of attitude or rather that I'm a good or bad far-distance-psychologist jokes aside...I agree with you...we never know how people we are talking about on the Tfs really are..it's all just assumptions, guessing and projections in some cases...

I would love to see her with darker hair...

is she wearing a wig for the Great Gatsby-movie? didn't Daisy have waved hair in the book (it's been a looong time since I read the book so I might be mistaken, but I never pictured her with a pixie cut)?

01-11-2011
backstage pass

^I agree she has a certain "air" about her and i definitely think her accent is "posh"...but in a weird way Ithink it serves her style and makes her really endearing!!! I don't know, whenever I see her in interviews she always seems like someone I'd want to be friends with...she's always quite eloquent and polished and her outfits are very dainty but you just KNOW on her down-time she is super laid back and would probably be really fun to party with...haha

but yeah you have a point, unless you actually know her it's all just speculation...

and she had dark hair in An Education and a few other movies I think..

02-11-2011
trendsetter

from crashinglions@tumblr

Does anyone know where/when this was taken and if there are any more shots? She looks so lovely!

02-11-2011
trendsetter

I've spent a fair bit of time round Carey, I don't know her in the same way as I know say, Keira, and she's not an actor I'd consider a friend, but we have spent time together at parties and things since about 2006/7. She's not remotely conceited. She takes her work seriously but that doesn't mean she's cold or snobbish. I suppose if your only contact with her is screaming in a fan line waving a pen and creepy photo at her then she might be a little cold towards you, but she's not like that behind closed doors, she's really a lot of fun and more outgoing than people would imagine.

02-11-2011
rising star

@girlyevil. That was taken at Sundance 2009! Try careymulligan.net or careymulligan.us

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2013, carey, mulligan, september