How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-11-2013
front row

Stunning! Would not have thought that colour would suit her complexion but boy am I wrong. Cannot wait for awards season, between her and Lupita we are in for a treat

05-11-2013
i'm almost ready..

that interview with Woody was so enjoyable to read. thank you so much for posting.

i laughed out loud at these two parts..

"CB I never expected to have that conversation.
WA Or any conversation. It would’ve been fine with me to never speak. I don’t like that we’re talking now."

WA "They go to the movies with their friends and see the drivel that their peer group watches. You know they’re nice kids but they have no interest in me. "

06-11-2013
backstage pass

LOVE the Givenchy on Cate!

07-11-2013
V.I.P.

She makes that dress look fabulous, chic in front and sexy in the back.

08-11-2013
V.I.P.

Covers + cover story for Harper's Bazaar China November 2013

Photographer: Koray Birand
Stylist: Xiaomu Fan
Hair: Philippe Tholimet
Make-up: Mary Greenwell
Manicure: Philippe Ovak

Celebrity: Cate Blanchett

Source: Visual Optimism (visualoptimism.blogspot.com)

08-11-2013
V.I.P.

Wow, stunning. Her gaze is so intense!

09-11-2013
V.I.P.

I love how dramatic this shoot is; she must be having fun with it.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

10-11-2013
V.I.P.

cate-blanchett.com

16-11-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Andrew Upton and Cate Blanchett arrive at 'Waiting for Godot' opening night at the Sydney Theatre Company on November 16, 2013 in Sydney, Australia.

zimbio

29-11-2013
_____

Making a Scene produced by NY Times Magazine
The year’s best big-screen performers in 11 original (very) short films directed by Janusz Kaminski.

03-12-2013
V.I.P.

She won her first big award this season: the New York Film Critics Circle.

Quote:
I've always been pale. It's partly to do with being from Australia, where the hole in the ozone layer is at its most intense, and partly to do with my mother, who very quickly put an end to me sunbathing in baby oil as a teenager. I would go red as a lobster. She told me to accept what I had.

I lost my father young. The earliest memory I have is seeing him in bed when I was 18 months old – I later learned he was recuperating from his first heart attack at 32. He died when he was 40 [of a heart attack], but I don't think I really quantified the consequences for me until much later, when my husband reached 40. I was euphoric at his birthday party, like a weight had been lifted. And I thought: "Now there's the detritus."

We need to keep switching up the language around climate change. For so long we've talked about sacrifice and people get discredited for what they haven't given up. [Celebrities] get criticised for taking flights, but the truth is someone like Leo [DiCaprio] takes fewer flights than he's asked to. If we want it to stay on the radar, we need to focus on the fact there's a lot of opportunity.

You're always more critical of your own country. People will talk about stuff in Britain and I'll go: "Aw, it's not that bad", but at home it's different. It's inside you.

I don't know if I ever really wanted to be an actor. I'm an active person – the thought of waiting for the phone to ring wasn't something that sat happily with me. But I kept doing it, trying not to do it, and then doing it. There's such a blessed unrest that you feel all the time, but maybe that's what keeps you going.

I can be a real pessimist. You know that when you win an Oscar and you walk offstage and your first thought is: "Oh God, I've peaked."

I've done a lot of talking over the past six years. My husband and I have been running the Sydney Theatre Company and it's been magic – my kids have been able to see so many of those transient moments between acting and real life behind the scenes. But now that I've given it up I'm looking forward to being a bit quieter. I'm very conscious of that. There have been times when I've heard myself in the past and thought: "Aw, just shut up."

You don't ever really get to know Woody Allen. He's not the sort of person where you can knock on his door and say: "I've got this really interesting idea." You just have to hope that he's written your name on a little scrap of paper somewhere and that one day he will call and say: "I've got a script I want you to read."

I miss Brighton [Blanchett and her husband lived there for several years], the faded grandeur of the British seaside. It has such a nostalgic poetry.

There are very few issues that lie specifically in one region now. Polio in Syria doesn't affect Syria alone. I don't think any issue can ever be isolated into local politics these days, because we all know too much.

No one is ever who they purport to be. And I suppose I'm most interested in the gap between who we project socially and who we really are.
theguardian

06-12-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Cate Blanchett attends the Opening Night Gala of the 10th Annual Dubai International Film Festival held at the Madinat Jumeriah Complex on December 6, 2013 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

zimbio

06-12-2013
V.I.P.

Elegance embodied...

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

06-12-2013
backstage pass

^^Regal and gorgeous! That purple dress is amazing on Cate!

06-12-2013
backstage pass

She always gets it right - the picture of elegance

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2014, blanchett, cate, february, march