How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-02-2014
boop

Such a radiant woman, she could show up in a brown paper sack and still look exceptionally beautiful.

17-02-2014
V.I.P.

cate-blanchett.com

18-02-2014
backstage pass

The McQueen dress at the BAFTAs is pretty good but her hair and makeup are BEAUTIFUL. Can't wait for the Oscars now!

19-02-2014
front row

Beautiful!

A poet looks at the world the way a man looks at a woman.

19-02-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
This Week's Cover: Oscar front-runners Cate Blanchett and Lupita Nyong'o sit for candid chat

We’re in the final stretch of this year’s Oscar season, and Entertainment Weekly‘s latest issue is here to bring you all you need to know before the big night.

This week’s cover story features a sit-down with two Oscar hopefuls — the veteran Cate Blanchett (the front-runner in the lead actress category for her role as a fallen socialite in Blue Jasmine) and the newcomer Lupita Nyong’o (a lead contender in the supporting actress race for scene-stealing part as Patsey in 12 Years a Slave). The two discuss the never-ending award season, what they love most about their jobs and their hopes for the future.

Blanchett, who has spent the past six years running a theater company in her hometown of Sydney, Australia, discusses her fraught relationship with her chosen profession. “I’m constantly running away from acting,” she says. “I have to get seduced back into it each time.”

Nyong’o, meanwhile, discusses her career aspirations moving forward. “In many ways, me being on the scene is doing for little girls everywhere what Oprah Winfrey and Whoopi Goldberg did for me,” she says. “My world exploded by them being on screen. Hopefully I will inspire and be meaningful to other people. But I can’t take on other people’s dreams for me. I can only dream for myself.”

In addition to the cover story, EW’s Oscar package will be sure to give you a leg up in your own Oscar pool. The magazine’s own prognosticator Anthony Breznican unveils his final Oscar picks. Check out how five Academy members marked their own ballots and read detailed plans of the night from the show’s two producers, Craig Zadan and Neil Meron. Also, we give you a guide to other movies you might like based on the best picture nominees.

For more on this year’s Oscar race, pick up the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly, on stands Friday, Feb. 21.
ew

19-02-2014
V.I.P.

Today I saw "The Monuments Men", she plays a French woman. I just wish she had more minutes on screen.

outnow

20-02-2014
front row

She did an incredible job. I think of all the actors, she was the best one.

A poet looks at the world the way a man looks at a woman.

20-02-2014
V.I.P.

coeurbleux

20-02-2014
V.I.P.

Scans

cate-blanchett.com

28-02-2014
backstage pass

Quote:
Cate Blanchett enters Sydney Airport with a smile as she and her husband Andrew Upton prep for their departing flight on Thursday (February 27) in Sydney, Australia.

justjared

Gucci bag!

01-03-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Actress Cate Blanchett attends Rodeo Drive Walk Of Style Awards Ceremony Honoring Oscar Nominee Catherine Martin at Greystone Mansion on February 28, 2014 in Beverly Hills, California.

Quote:
Actress Cate Blanchett attends the Giorgio Armani special celebration honoring Martin Scorsese and Paolo Sorrentino hosted by Roberta Armani at the Giorgio Armani Flagship Boutique on February 28, 2014 in Beverly Hills, California.

celebutopia, wireimage

How she managed to make that Valentino Couture dress look chic, I'll never know.

01-03-2014
V.I.P.

Cate Blanchett seen at LAX airport.

zimbio

01-03-2014
Automated Thread Manager

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2014, blanchett, cate, february, march