How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-01-2012
V.I.P.

Is that pic for real? What I mean is that it looks like a drawing. The font is bad.

02-01-2012
trendsetter

Ha! I noticed that Glittering Star only recapped Kate's post-marriage style in the majority of the pics. I'm sure if she had posted more of the 2011 pre-marriage style, we would have noted more misses.

Boomer, Kate has had 8 freaking years to get used to the royal role. Diana had just months, and she was experimenting with clothing barely a year into her marriage. Kate is just conservative, unadventurous, and unimaginative with clothing.

Last edited by kimair; 03-01-2012 at 04:05 PM. Reason: please use PMs/profile comments for personal conversations

02-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Kristina* View Post
... She hasn't done much (or any) charity work that I know of.
Remember she has been temporarily off in Wales most of the time they have been married while he did military things- so far I doubt there would have been too many charities to devote herself to in any case...

02-01-2012
fashion icon

Kate might not seem as adventurous as Diana but I think clothing wise she might be more relatable to the average women. I feel like a lot of women like her style because it's more similar to something they too might wear. I call it the Michelle Obama effect... when a celebrity wears high and low designers thus making them seem more relatable to the average citizen. I mean Diana's style was lovely but at times quite expensive whereas Kate at least has been seen wearing brands that are more high street.

Also, I think people fail to remember that Kate is not Diana. Nor should she be expected to be like her. Yes, of course most of us wish that she'd take a risk or two, but perhaps that's not her. She seems like a grounded women and perhaps her clothing is a reflection of that.

02-01-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Because that person was speaking as if Diana's superior fashion icon status somehow made her better royalty, when in fact it was kinda the opposite.
Perhaps you should reread my post before you misquote me, because I never wrote anything of the sort.

02-01-2012
backstage pass

zimbio.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by wild roses View Post
Ha! I noticed that Glittering Star only recapped Kate's post-marriage style in the majority of the pics. I'm sure if she had posted more of the 2011 pre-marriage style, we would have noted more misses.
Sorry I didn't manage to post every event but I'll post these pre-marriage 2011 outfits to keep it fair

02-01-2012
windowshopping

I think she looked better five to seven years ago despite her outfits slowly getting progressively better. Would it be considered cheating if she took cues from online clothing shops to see how they put an outfit together? Again, those suede boots, pageant hair and eyeliner need to go, and if she still refuses to wear slacks she could at least wear matte or patterned nylons.

03-01-2012
tailored

a reminder that this thread is for discussing catherine's style...
all other talk will be deleted or moved to the william & catherine thread in rumour has it (which is where the talk regarding royal duties, etc was moved to)...

thank you...

03-01-2012
tfs star

and here the famous outfit , the suit which she replicated from diana ! oh she doesnt copy at all #lie (A)

Zimbio and royaldish

03-01-2012
trendsetter

Hee! I do remember that copycat outfit! (I even posted a similiar comparison pic in the previous Kate thread when Kate first appeared wearing that outfit.)

The outfit I remember most from Kate's 2011 pre-marriage days is this one. In my opinion, it's proof she has a stylist now because this was her typical look pre-marriage: the boxy leather jacket paired with everything, and brown always paired with every colour but especially black.

Nowadays, she never wears boxy jackets and she is appropriately colour coordinated in what clothing she pairs together. (Well, maybe not "colour coordinated," but things don't clash as much as they used to.)

Pic from dailymail.co.uk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dailymail dot co dot uk.jpg (70.1 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by wild roses; 03-01-2012 at 05:10 PM. Reason: credit pic source

04-01-2012
backstage pass

2011 candid style recap

Picture credits:

dailymail.co.uk
dailymail.co.uk
fanpop.com
dailymail.co.uk
handbag.com
fanpop.com

04-01-2012
backstage pass

popsugar.com

04-01-2012
backstage pass

I love her look the first time she was snapped at the supermarket. It's nice to see her hair down without the curls/waves.

04-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KemAlnagdy View Post
and here the famous outfit, the suit which she replicated from diana ! oh she doesnt copy at all #lie (A)
OMG that's hilarious. I've never seen that before but I doubt Kate googles old pics of Princess Di's fashions.

04-01-2012
fashion insider

^Yeah, I don't think Kate thinks about Diana as much as we seem to...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, cambridge, catherine, december, duchess, june, kate, middleton