Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) (December 2011 - June 2012) - Page 19 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-01-2012
V.I.P.

her candids style is soo not good most of the time...thank god she has a stylist for her royal engagements...

04-01-2012
God Save McQueen

^I think the stylists are slowly starting to rub off on her candid style. She has been a lot simpler with skinny jeans, ballet flats and cashmere sweaters. Its nothing special, but its hard to really get wrong. It also seems that she is more comfortable in casual style. She always holds herself awkwardly in gowns.

I think when she really goes wrong is when she tries to dress up on her own. Her attire to the parade of weddings she attended this summer was atrocious. That black and white polyester dress with the circle print (its possible its silk but looks cheap in photos)? awful. That blue paisley coat thing? terrible.

I would take a million beige sweaters, skinny jeans, and flats over those.

05-01-2012
tfs star

She's chosen the charities that she's going to help now. I guess that means we'll see more public appearances this year in and around London.... all the more outfits for us to over analyse

05-01-2012
trendsetter

Excluding the wedding circus fashion parade, I like her casual style. Nothing groundbreaking, but she does look good in a basic sweater, jeans and flats. But I agree with everybody she still needs a stylist for dress up ocassions.

Edit: Duh! She has a stylist she doesn't acknowledge. She just needs to employ the person for all formal ocassions. Not just royal engagements.

Last edited by wild roses; 05-01-2012 at 03:39 PM.

05-01-2012
tfs star

^ I agree. She looks pretty sweet in her jumpers and skinny jeans. It's her 30th birthday on Monday and rumour has it (according to Cocoperez anyway... and goodness knows how accurate that is) Victoria Beckham has sent her a number of dresses to consider for the occasion.

06-01-2012
V.I.P.

Interview with Nikki Pennie - Kate Middleton's Sylist

How did you end up styling celebrities?
It was part of my job getting the dresses on the right girls and that’s how it grew. I started with all the London girls and then moved up to bigger celebrities and then Daniella started sending me out to L.A. about five years ago. I would come out with suitcases of dresses from Issa and would dress people in all the clothes. I had so many good friends here and I just decided I was young and needed a change so I decided two years ago to move here. Then, I kind of fell into styling because I got some different styling jobs with different celebrities and one of them was Madonna, because I knew [her] right hand woman. It was Oscar week and she said, ‘Can you come in and help get all of Madonna’s Oscar party outfits together’ and so I went in and worked from Madonna’s house for like a month doing that. After that, I started styling different people and got a styling agent.
How did you end up working with Kate Middleton?
She was one of the people who I would put her outfits together from Issa. She’s amazing; she’s wonderful.
Can you tell us a bit about the other work you’ve done, like with CNN and your YouTube channel?
Over the past year, I’ve been doing a lot of big fashion corresponding and reporting with CNN and different networks and now I’m focusing a lot on my YouTube channel and also online because basically I think the future of fashion is online. I started the YouTube channel Princess for Pennies because I wanted to basically [highlight] the fact that you can look great, but using high street clothing. Coming from London, the high street is such a big part of our culture. I love the high street; the majority of things I wear are from Zara and Topshop.
Do you think the Middletons are furthering the popularity of high street?
This trend is here to stay. The Middletons–they’re in the same age group as me and it was very much our culture growing up that we shop at the high street stores. You can see a dress that Kate Middleton or Pippa wears and you can go the next day to Warehouse or to Topshop and buy that dress and it’s probably under $200. It’s all about accessible clothing and things that people can actually go and buy and it doesn’t matter how much a dress costs as long as you look good and you feel great. It used to not be cool for a celebrity to wear Topshop on the red carpet and now it’s the thing to do.
Given your television gigs, are you angling to do more television correspondence or have your own reality show in the future?
Maybe eventually. I covered all the royal wedding for CNN and did all the fashion reporting in London for that which was really fun and I’m a fashion contributor for them, but I think right now I really want to focus on online and reaching out to people all over the world.
What was it like doing the royal wedding coverage?
It was actually amazing; I had just come back from Japan, where I was unfortunately caught in the earthquake with one of my best friends, the actress Shenae Grimes. We went there to watch a fashion show and we got caught in the earthquake and it was the most terrifying 48 hours of my life and then I came back to L.A. and I got told by my manager, ‘You’ve been asked by CNN to go to London and do all the fashion reporting up until the royal wedding and obviously on the wedding day be live at Buckingham Palace with Anderson Cooper, Piers Morgan and Cat Deeley’, which was pretty overwhelming. So I felt like I was being a part of two of the biggest events of the century. I was so proud to be British and it was the most amazing day ever. (fashionista.com)

06-01-2012
tfs star

very very weird as the palace denied tht she has a stylist !

06-01-2012
tfs star

^ I thought that. She doesn't half name drop, does she?

06-01-2012
trendsetter

She is not the duchess stylist. When Catherine was just Kate I guess that woman worked for Issa, who pulled every single Kate outfit together when it came to evening wear. From boxing ball to the fundraising cocktail she did for some children book. She wouldn't open her mouth if she worked for the palace.
Posted via Mobile Device

08-01-2012
trendsetter

Catherine and William are attending the UK premiere of War Horse tonight. I'm tagging along with an actor friend of mine who's in the movie and It'll be intriguing to catch a glimpse of her in person. Hopefully it's a good dress.

08-01-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepaperstars View Post
Catherine and William are attending the UK premiere of War Horse tonight. I'm tagging along with an actor friend of mine who's in the movie and It'll be intriguing to catch a glimpse of her in person. Hopefully it's a good dress.
GAHH! You're so lucky, littlepaperstars! Yes, please give us a full report tomorrow!

08-01-2012
V.I.P.

at the Premiere in Alice Temperley

twitter.com/lisalaurasmith

08-01-2012
V.I.P.

twitter.com/Radio1Natalie

08-01-2012
V.I.P.

it seems to be a nice gown!

08-01-2012
V.I.P.

looks a lot like her wedding gown, especially the neckline....

gettyimages

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, cambridge, catherine, december, duchess, june, kate, middleton