How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

03-05-2012
Looking Up

She wears patent heels. They're classic staples. It'd be nice to see her taking more risk, but obviously that's not completely up to her. I think people forget that there are strict expectations of her, ones that she must meet.

03-05-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
She wears patent heels. They're classic staples. It'd be nice to see her taking more risk, but obviously that's not completely up to her. I think people forget that there are strict expectations of her, ones that she must meet.
I must admit I laughed when I saw this comment, because Kate has never taken any risks, shoewise. It was always those damn boots or a matronly pair of heels. The only reason why we talk about her heels now is because she doesn't wear...the boots...anymore. It's just like her style evolution: upgraded but nothing exciting.

03-05-2012
fashion icon

Umm... honestly Kate should just stick to the shoes that she's wearing now if that design is what Kirkwood has in mind for her to wear. They are pretty freaking ugly. Also, I think he forgets that being a princess is more than just looking pretty. It's about relatability to your people, raising awareness for causes, being a good representation for your country, and procuring an heir (as much as I hate to say this, it is true... at least historically). Being a princess is not all about wearing pearl covered shoes.

04-05-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
She...is...going...to...be...the...Queen!!!!
Her defenders describe her as 'conservative' - her detractors describe her as 'frumpy'. I think she is without fashion sense.

Yes, one day she will be the Queen. And here are the realities:

- These nondescript flower print dresses, in both design and cut are dangerously similar to dresses my grandmother wore to clean house and cook, but from which she always changed prior to my grandfather's arrival home from work. Kate is representing Great Britain and the Royal family in them;

- With Kate's style, there is always some element slightly askew, some piece which fails to fit, jewelry which fails to effectively accessorize, etc. This is not an individual with the fashion skill to compose an effective outfit for public presentation. With every appearance, she consistently misses the mark in one or more aspects;

- She needs a stylist
. Sooner rather than later;

- Yes, one day she will be Queen - and she'll still need a stylist in order to dress for her role. This is rather sad - a woman who could be genuinely stunning remains otherwise unremarkable for her refusal to recognize that she needs assistance with her style.

04-05-2012
tfs star

^ No, the reality is that the majority of British people think she's doing a wonderful job - she's not supposed to wear scene stealing clothes.
Her job is to represent the masses, and if the masses (not a handful of high fashion players and fashion spot forum members) think that what she is wearing is smart, appropriate and attractive then why on earth should she seek assistance with her style? To make a handful of people happy and probably alienate the rest?

04-05-2012
V.I.P.

^ Yes- my cousin (from Arizona) just spent several months in London and she was stunned at what a popular superstar Kate is with the people overall and the media coverage of her every move! If 'her public' are impressed with her, as they certainly seem to be, I would think that is really what matters...

04-05-2012
fashion icon

^I agree Boomer and Glitterpeacock, Kate seems to be very well liked in the UK and if the masses like her style, well that's a good thing. Her style is achievable which is why I think a lot of women look to her style-wise because it isn't like Daphne Guinness's or something. You don't have to spend a million bucks to look like Kate and a lot of the pieces she wears are from the high-street. It's all about accessibility... if women feel they can relate to her style they feel like they can relate to her overall (even if she is married to a prince). It's sort of the same thing with Michelle Obama I think. Both women are well liked in part because they come from pretty humble backgrounds and yet stay grounded with the fashions they wear, thus symbolizing that they are pretty grounded overall.

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 04-05-2012 at 11:26 AM.

07-05-2012
V.I.P.

Link to the CNN Kate special!

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/wor...ambridge-1.cnn
Thanks to the Royal Correspondent!

08-05-2012
tfs star

They're at some event tonight, apparently she's wearing a cream dress so fingers crossed for pictures.

08-05-2012
backstage pass

Daily Mail

Last edited by La Vanille; 08-05-2012 at 02:28 PM.

08-05-2012
V.I.P.

She looks lovely and amazing ! Love the dress/shoes combo!
Posted via Mobile Device

08-05-2012
backstage pass

love everything!

the shoes are more bling bling than what she wears normally. maybe she read the interview with that shoe designer? :p

08-05-2012
rising star

She looks pretty but I'm not too keen on the dress. However, I do like the colour of it and the earrings. I hope we can get a close-up of them because they look stunning!

08-05-2012
fashion insider

I am in love with this look! She's been killing it recently.

08-05-2012
fashion elite

Lovely! She has improved her style. don't get tired of her hair. I think she looks impeccable

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, cambridge, catherine, december, duchess, june, kate, middleton