How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterpeacock View Post
I really don't get what shoes would have been 'right' for this dress - the heels work for her posture but are otherwise hidden. Anything that stood out would be daft and to be honest a little disrespectful since this is an event for the soldiers.

How can a choice of shoes be disrespectful and daft (unless they're six inch perspex platforms) considering she's wearing a strapless gown? And I'm sure the shoes were visible when she was walking, I doubt they were hidden the whole night. With all the black, a break at the foot would have looked aesthetically pleasing, for example one of the LK Bennett peep toes she has. She dressed up as it was, why would shoes like that have been disrespectful?

20-12-2011
V.I.P.

Didn't see this posted, good picture of her make-up

mirror.co.uk

20-12-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacroix View Post
How can a choice of shoes be disrespectful and daft (unless they're six inch perspex platforms) considering she's wearing a strapless gown? And I'm sure the shoes were visible when she was walking, I doubt they were hidden the whole night. With all the black, a break at the foot would have looked aesthetically pleasing, for example one of the LK Bennett peep toes she has. She dressed up as it was, why would shoes like that have been disrespectful?
The shoes she is wearing are gorgeous and completely appropriate. Only when she sits down or takes great strides would they become visible, and in that case I doubt anyone will be looking at her feet. They blend in with her outfit. The dress is making a very elegant statement so she doesn't need her shoes to stand out and I don't really see how a peep toe would add or take away anything from the overall effect. I would have worn maybe some strappy manolos with the dress (and that's just me being pedantic) but these shoes are very Kate and she probably feels comfortable in them since she's worn them before for public outings. She's wearing a floor length velvet down, expensive jewellery with long glossy hair. Anything else would have been overkill (and this is what I meant by disrespectful) especially for someone who isn't really a glamazon to begin with.

20-12-2011
.my prison is your brain.

The dress hugs her body nicely, but other than that I find it to look quite dated instead of classic.

20-12-2011
V.I.P.

Love the dress but the necklace is not pretty. It's too modern for my taste, it might look better as a tiara.

20-12-2011
V.I.P.

Here's another close up of the necklace

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ith-pride.html

20-12-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashcottmanor View Post
Love the dress but the necklace is not pretty. It's too modern for my taste, it might look better as a tiara.
i find that necklace awful ! and we're not sure it can be worn as tiara ! can't imagine it as a tiara

20-12-2011
backstage pass

GASP! This dress is AMAZING! Appropriate for the event, time of year, and just well-fitted and glamorous. I'm surprised at the color in the necklace but the shape of it is nice. A stunning win for Kate in the fashion arena with this dress!

20-12-2011
front row

i think her necklace can be put on a frame and turned into a tiara. it looks like it could. i like het outfit and her dress is very pretty and fits her well and it seems she has finally broken her curse of black eye pencile raccooooon look.

20-12-2011
V.I.P.

could her necklace be Swarovski? I haven't found any images to prove, but I feel like I've seen it before...

20-12-2011
backstage pass

Her makeup looks really pretty and classic. I heard she learned to do her own makeup for the wedding, does she style her hair as well?

Last edited by rachelbojangles; 20-12-2011 at 06:13 PM.

20-12-2011
V.I.P.

The best her makeup has ever looked.

20-12-2011
V.I.P.

She looks stunning in that pic in post #77

20-12-2011
God Save McQueen

I hate hate hate those shoes with that dress. I hate suede in general, but definitely when its worn with a gown. And the clashing texture.

However, from the ankles up, I actually really like the look. Its boring and sloaney but its clean and elegant. It looks great on her and is unfussy. Most of the time when she tries to dress up its so fussy looking.

I am also excited to see her rocking so serious jewels. They are small compared to what the queen rocks, but compared to the little links of london silver charms she has been wearing, its closer to what a royal should be wearing (even if the style isn't my cup of tea).

Is this her first major piece of jewelry too? other than the stuff inherited and borrowed. I don't think it belongs to the queen, though i am sure those at the royal forums and pricscope will know for sure. the necklace looks like it will convert to a tiara too.

20-12-2011
rising star

^According to WhatKateWore the Media were told the necklace was a wedding gift from a family friend. I agree it's great to see her wearing more dramatic jewellery!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, cambridge, catherine, december, duchess, june, kate, middleton