How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-12-2011
V.I.P.

She's visting homeless people. Frankly the last thing I would care about is the way I was dressed!

21-12-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild roses View Post
Minus the boots, I like the sweater dress.

As to how the McQueen black dress is similar to the Emmanuels engagement gown: both have a sweetheart neckline with ruffles bordering it, both have gathered skirts. Both are a deep black colour. It's mainly in the bustline that I see the similarities. No, the cut isn't identical, but it has a passing resemblance in my eyes.

Ha! I wasn't the only one to imagine the similiarities! And these two photos side by side show the similiarities better
I think Diana dress is more similar to the black strapless dress that the Queen wore in the 50's

You can see all three ladies here and I don't think they wear thinking of each other nor designers was thinking of those dress when they design them

http://thefashionoffice.tumblr.com/post/14540021716

21-12-2011
front row

I like the dress itself but it would look better if she had the curves to fill it, if that makes sense

21-12-2011
windowshopping

Does she ever where slacks or put her hair up? It would have been more appropriate for this appearance. Just compare her look with Princess Mary's when they visited UNICEF, Mary was far more appropriate while Kate, with the hair and red coat made sure she stood out.

21-12-2011
backstage pass

I'm getting sick of her hair. Sometimes it's just more appropriate to tie it back. I'm thinking all these tight dresses are in an effort to let everyone know she isn't pregnant.

21-12-2011
backstage pass

dailymail.co.uk

Dress is Ralph Lauren

whatkatewore.com

21-12-2011
V.I.P.

She always knows how to look appropriate for public appearances. It's not that easy...
I like the look, minus the boots

21-12-2011
front row

At least she looks like she has fun

22-12-2011
she had boys in her room

Her eye makeup has improved a lot in the last few appearances.

22-12-2011
V.I.P.

Yes, it's definitively better.
Posted via Mobile Device

22-12-2011
trendsetter

I think she looks good!

22-12-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondSea View Post
Her eye makeup has improved a lot in the last few appearances.
I think it's because she isn't using a flat black....either a dark brown or taupe color.
Also, she stopped lining the water-line, which helps a lot!

22-12-2011
Looking Up

She looks lovely. Very beautiful and classic. Her smile is so genuine. I would love to meet her.

22-12-2011
.my prison is your brain.

I like Kate in Ralph Lauren, reminds me of her preppy/sporty St. Andrews days, which is when I found her the most intriguing.

22-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Kate Middleton Confirms She'll Wear FIVE Outfits in One Day For Sandringham Christmas!

Flick back in your Grazia archive and you'll remember earlier this month, we featured an exclusive look at Kate Middleton's Christmas wardrobe. For the first time, the Duchess of Cambridge is spending the festive period with the royal family at Sandringham, and we could only imagine the pressure she's under to choose the right outfits.

As we exclusively reported at the time, guests at Sandringham change outfits five - yes, FIVE! - times on Christmas day. 'Kate will need a casual outfit for breakfast, a smart outfit - and a hat - for the morning church service, a dress for lunch, a cocktail dress for early evening drinks and a full-length dress for the evening meal,' royal etiquette expert Jean Broke-Smith told us. 'The golden rule is nothing too short, too revealing or too gaudy.'

And today, we have confirmation from the Duchess herself *smug face* Yes, The Sun is reporting that Kate confided in a fellow guest at A Night of Heroes on Monday night, when she wore that elegant velvet gown by Alexander McQueen, saying that she would not be able to repeat an outfit. 'She said she was looking forward to Christmas with Prince William's family, and said she had to change dress five times on Christmas Day. I couldn't believe it,' Sheridan Bowler tells the newspaper.

So it's no surprise to hear Kate made a fashion dash to some of her favourite stores on London's Kings Road earlier this month, buying two cashmere cardigans from Zara and a Victoria Beckham-style Davina dress in teal from LK Bennett. She's also commissioned two Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen gowns, as well as buying a few DVF wrap dresses and, in a nod to her husband's roots, a kilt made in the royal tartan, too.

Wwhatever she wears, we have every faith that K-Midd will look amazing.
graziadaily.co.uk

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, cambridge, catherine, december, duchess, june, kate, middleton