How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

22-12-2011
fashion insider

So excited for this!! but I can't imagine getting changed five times in one day..so much pressure.

22-12-2011
V.I.P.

most likely we'll only get to see one outfit - the one for the morning church service...

22-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherine88 View Post
Kate Middleton Confirms She'll Wear FIVE Outfits in One Day For Sandringham Christmas!
Five outfits - YES. Bring it on.

22-12-2011
V.I.P.

Oh my God, the royals are seriously trapped in another era--it's so Gosford Park! Haha...

Anyway, her style choices like that Ralph Lauren dress remind me so much of girls I see in New England. She kind of has that preppy, American style.

22-12-2011
rising star

It doesn't really seem old-fashioned to me. It's true that it's on a higher level of formality than most, but think about it logically. Would you wear for a casual breakfast at home with your family out to church, at least for a "special" church service, like Christmas or Easter? Most people would change out of the jeans or cosy pants they were wearing at breakfast into something a bit nicer for church.

Most probably wouldn't change in between church and lunch, although I can see why the royal family would. I'm guessing church will be some sort of coordinating dress with a long coat to go with it, whereas the lunch dress won't have a hat, and as they are indoors, generally wouldn't wear a coordinating coat over it. It would be less formal. It's like changing from church wear into something a bit nicer than your jeans from breakfast, say slacks and a top.

The cocktail hour and formal dinner is the biggest difference, to me - but not unusual for the holidays. The dress codes for those two types of events is different, so naturally you would change. Most just wouldn't schedule them both on the same day, although some people might attempt to party-hop.

I'm guessing we'll only see photos from church, and possibly the evening events, although I think that's doubtful.

22-12-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by petit fours View Post
I think she looks good!
Me too

I thought it was an appropriate outfit for the occasion and she wears polonecks well.

22-12-2011
V.I.P.

I love the way the Ralph Lauren dress is styled on the model. She should have worn it exactly like that, with the blazer and different boots it would have been automatically 90% better.

22-12-2011
tfs star

ATM1985 I agree with you completely. I go through about three outfits on Christmas day, but liberty33r1b is right - we'll probably only see one of them.

22-12-2011
backstage pass

I think this dress and boots combo is incredibly flattering and, again, appropriate. This is something I would wear! (Why is everyone hating on the boots--you need to keep your feet warm and dry in the winter!) And though I agree she could change her hair sometimes, this look REALLY works on her--and she sticks with it.

22-12-2011
V.I.P.

She is so perfect. Green really brings out her eyes

22-12-2011
backstage pass

Looking at how the dress was styled on the model I think the belt definitely should have been a bit lower on Catherine. Wearing a belt around the waist looks much better with more obvious curves, especially when wearing a form-fitting dress.

Last edited by Aquila; 22-12-2011 at 07:28 PM.

22-12-2011
God Save McQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashcottmanor View Post
I love the way the Ralph Lauren dress is styled on the model. She should have worn it exactly like that, with the blazer and different boots it would have been automatically 90% better.
I agree, it would have looked infinitely better if she had just worn it with brown leather instead of black suede.

i don't know why she and her sister love black suede so much

23-12-2011
backstage pass

whatkatewore (facebook)
This weeks cover

23-12-2011
V.I.P.

her arm looks very sinewy there

23-12-2011
V.I.P.

of course she made it on the cover in that dress, I'm not surprised. but then again, she's always on their cover, must be selling like hot cakes...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, cambridge, catherine, december, duchess, june, kate, middleton