How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-12-2011
God Save McQueen

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) (December 2011 - June 2012)
Moderator's note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (e.g. in the old closed thread).
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use search function.
  • This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here
Thank you.

Top 10 Worst Fashion Moments
9. Kate Middleton, Almost Every Day
By FEIFEI SUN Wednesday, Dec. 07, 2011

time.com

Kate Middleton's Grace Kelly–inspired wedding gown, designed by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen, was perhaps the dress of 2011, but the majority of her sartorial choices this year have been disappointments. It's understandable that royal protocol would dictate more conservative choices for the new Duchess, but at times, Middleton's picks have bordered on plain boring. Aside from a sparkly evening gown here and there, Middleton has stuck with safe silhouettes in more shades of nude and navy than we knew existed. Her penchant for plain reached a pinnacle on July 5, when Middleton wore a beige dress, beige heels and — surprise — a beige belt for a visit to the Somba K'e Civic Plaza in Yellowknife, Canada, as part of her and Prince William's first official North American tour as a married couple.

-----

obviously, the picture they used for the article is not what the author is describing, I believe she is describing this outfit

life

also, its worth noting that her wedding dress was the number 2 best fashion moment of the year, its just everything else that they hate. and I agree with them.

Last edited by MulletProof; 10-12-2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: thread start.

10-12-2011
V.I.P.

I think it's crazy that they put her in the worst dressed list :shock:

10-12-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate_Moore View Post
I think it's crazy that they put her in the worst dressed list
do u have a link of the article plz ?

10-12-2011
fashion insider

I don't think she deserves to be on any worst dressed lists, but I also don't think she deserves to be on any best dressed lists, either.

10-12-2011
backstage pass

That's not a belt on that beige dress--it's a part of the dress. Writers (especially when they are models TRYING to write) should do their homework before insulting someone.

10-12-2011
don't look down

Have these people never seen a picture of The Queen from the past six decades and grasped the concept that most UK Royals wanting to fulfil the function of their roles tend to dress in a rather staid way - and that the last thing she probably wants to be is another Diana.

10-12-2011
V.I.P.

^ that's irrelevant to the piece. That fact doesn't make alter her style, it's an excuse or justification or whatever else but they're concerned with fashion. In response to how people have been fawning over her style since the marriage, I can understand why she would make such a list. Most of her better outfits have only just been average but because of who she is it's all be hyped up and overdone. I didn't like her style before her marriage and i don't like it now, it does nothing for me and most of her outfits look awkward or bland

10-12-2011
V.I.P.

I know that lots of people would ''kill'' to work at Time Magazine. But it won't be to comment on fashion. Time is aimed at a different audience.

No 1 Best Dress went to Beyonce which says exactly what I would expect - fashion is not their main priority, it's just a yearly round up and will go with what is popular. Kind of like People magazine.

That orange Lanvin dress at the VMAs was nothing spectular and also very similar to some of the gowns Kate has worn this year. The Lanvin is the best Beyonce has looked in ages. Her style is appalling 95% of the time.

I'm more surprised that Daphne Guinness is on the best list. I would bet that most Time readers think her McQueen dress was ridiculous.

11-12-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post
I know that lots of people would ''kill'' to work at Time Magazine. But it won't be to comment on fashion. Time is aimed at a different audience.

No 1 Best Dress went to Beyonce which says exactly what I would expect - fashion is not their main priority, it's just a yearly round up and will go with what is popular...
...or what will cause 'controversy'/spark debate. Putting Kate in a list is such a clear ploy to get people talking -I'm proving their theory by writing about this myself. I've met lots of people who see her style as 'dull' but she's hardly ever badly dressed, in fact her style is very appropriate to the occasion and her position. Style is so subjective.

12-12-2011
fashion insider

she is absolutely glowing. just sayin'...

12-12-2011
backstage pass

whatkatewore (facebook)
On the cover of Hello magazine this week

12-12-2011
V.I.P.

^thanks for posting. I just can't believe she's on their cover every single week, I wonder when they'll get tired of her....

16-12-2011
V.I.P.

NYMag's 11 Most Surprisingly Stylish Celebrities of 2011 - Kate Middleton

One could argue that Pippa, who went from Bonus Middleton to having a Facebook page devoted to her bum, had the true breakout year. But she didn’t have as much at stake as Kate, who had to: a) plan and survive a sartorially perfect wedding the world would watch – Pippa’s rump-cradling confection included; b) survive comparisons to William’s mother, Diana, arguably the most beloved royal since Cinderella put a ring on it; c) embark upon a high-profile North American tour with a heavily scrutinized trousseau; and d) wear everything amid immediate speculation of a new uterine tenant. There is no brighter, harsher spotlight, and she stood tall in it and made us (and nearly everyone else) fall in love with her. Well played.

nymag.com

16-12-2011
backstage pass

That NYMag article is SPOT ON! Glad someone finally described the pressure she must be under and gave her props, instead of just another bashing.

16-12-2011
V.I.P.

I actually love her wedding dress much more now than when I first saw it, it really was spot on and perfect for her. And the lavender gown was so elegant and lovely on her, thats my fav look of hers this year

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, cambridge, catherine, december, duchess, june, kate, middleton