How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Kristina* View Post
Why would a magazine be publishing photos from their honeymoon now? It seems a bit irrelevant since there supposedly from a year ago.
Probably because they would have gotten a lot of heat for it if they did it right after. I knew they wouldn't NOT follow them just because the Palace said not to. Come on, money is King to them.

Anyways love her bathing suit, I have one like that but it's a fuchsia color.

10-07-2012
tfs star

^ Exactly.
I was just a bit upset on their behalf. They had their press tours and their sensational wedding and I thought that the press had all grown some sort of backbone and decided "no, let them have this honeymoon to themselves". Ah well.

11-07-2012
front row

Kate looked cute at Wimbledon but the honeymoon pics are really intrusive.

11-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphette View Post
Kate looked cute at Wimbledon but the honeymoon pics are really intrusive.
I'm still not convinced they are actual pictures...Kate's head and face look processed to me- even though both of their bodies look pretty accurate...I'm not sure I buy it...

11-07-2012
rising star

/\ Very much agree - something just feels 'wrong' about it. I seriously do not appreciate publications doing this [as if they care, right?] - this time was supposed to have been private for them.

I love that Kate drove herself to Wimbledon - yes, it seems a bit odd given that she could easily hook a limo ride - but it provides private time for she and her sister. Good for her!

I love the DVF clutch she carried - I could use that little clutch!

12-07-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I'm still not convinced they are actual pictures...Kate's head and face look processed to me- even though both of their bodies look pretty accurate...I'm not sure I buy it...
The pictures are definitely not fake. I was watching the news this morning and there is a big issue about the photogs going too far and breaking the unwritten rule. I think the palace released a statement but can't be 100% sure.

12-07-2012
trendsetter

Yikes! The paps really have crossed a line. That is beyond disrespectful.

13-07-2012
V.I.P.

I get that for a normal person it is crossing a line but this happens to all celebrities, unfortunately royals are considered amongst them.

13-07-2012
fashion icon

The thing about those photo's though is that it was still taken without their permission on their honeymoon. Now I understand that they are famous and this sort of thing happens a lot but in this situation it feels like they crossed the line. It was suppose to be a special holiday for just the two of them and now the whole world will see the pictures of it (if these end up being real). Besides, didn't the royal family ask that they not be disturbed on their honeymoon? If so I suppose they have reason for a lawsuit (though I wonder if they would even do that because it could be seen as meddling).

13-07-2012
V.I.P.

They wouldn't be the first couple snapped on a honey moon without permission though

13-07-2012
.my prison is your brain.

We're getting a little off-topic here, if you wish to discuss this further please take it to their news thread in Rumor Has It:
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f63...-143419-6.html

Thanks!

15-07-2012
tfs star

Picture of Catherine shopping in Australian magazine "New Idea"

catherine-duchessofcambridge tumblr

15-07-2012
front row

Totally love how she wears her items over and over again. i don't see any problems in that she doesnt wear exactly the same outfit twice so far. and if her items are really as pricey as the magazines claim then it's no surprise she wears them again she pays for them or her parents or something. I don't understand why she isn't allowed to accept gifts from designers? does anyone know why?

16-07-2012
V.I.P.

Unlike celebrities (e.g. actors/actresses), the British royals are not allowed to accept gifts like that, because they can't be shown to "endorse" brands or designers.

16-07-2012
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmesweet View Post
Unlike celebrities (e.g. actors/actresses), the British royals are not allowed to accept gifts like that, because they can't be shown to "endorse" brands or designers.
But they do get discounts. For example, the British royals receive a 60% discount off their Audi cars (article).

Catherine probably gets her designer clothes for a discounted price. I think Michelle Obama also gets discounts on designer clothes as well.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, cambridge, catherine, duchess, february, june, kate, middleton