How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-08-2012
backstage pass

i think royal people dress very boring. that is their thing!
even Diana. i liked her when i was a kid but she was not very special when it comes to clothes, she was special because she helped other people.
Catherine seems absolutely lovely!
and the style she have suits her altough she could do something more exciting...but i am pretty sure she have strict rules when it comes to clothes.
JUST LOOK AT THOSE LEGS!!!!!!
what is her secret?!?!?!

12-08-2012
front row

I like the wedges (flats would have been boring), cute outfit

12-08-2012
rising star

she's not a movie star, you cant expect her to be fashionable all the time. especially now with the eurozone financial crisis, its not good for her public image. i actually like it that she doesnt go over the top all the time and sets an example of reusing her clothes and buy her clothes from zara. there were backlash for the fact that prince charles spent so much on kate's wardrobe already. its our tax money.
anyways, im drifting here, i think she's dressing well, especially compared to eugenie and beatrice..

12-08-2012
V.I.P.

^ yeah you are right and she never said that she want to be a fashion icon or something, its just the media calling she a fashion icon. conservative is the right style for royals (with the exception of the Monaesque royals--they look more like some movie stars/socialites). besides, she can't "afford" to be a fashion icon, do u think her ppl will be happy with her spending a fortune on clothes? the answer is no ,i think.

12-08-2012
front row

Her mannerisms and gesticulating annoy me. I don't know why she points so much or seems to have a constant open mouth, but maybe I'm just being picky.

I like the Smyth blazer a lot, but don't think that she needed to wear it so often. She has multiple other blazers that she could have re-worn to maintain a 'thrifty ' image.

Also the wedges are quite simply not nice enough to warrant wearing them with every single outfit. I agree that some pretty flats would've worked wonders.

On a side note, it would've also been nice to see her taking some of the children from her patroned charities to the events.

Last edited by julzangel; 12-08-2012 at 12:39 PM.

12-08-2012
God Save McQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by alessia77 View Post
she's not a movie star, you cant expect her to be fashionable all the time. especially now with the eurozone financial crisis, its not good for her public image. i actually like it that she doesnt go over the top all the time and sets an example of reusing her clothes and buy her clothes from zara. there were backlash for the fact that prince charles spent so much on kate's wardrobe already. its our tax money.
anyways, im drifting here, i think she's dressing well, especially compared to eugenie and beatrice..
Except she is spending a fortune on clothes, just unfashionable ones. Personally, I love Beatrice's style, its appropriate but still fashionable.

12-08-2012
scenester

When I first saw that white outfit in post 402, I thought she was wearing a tennis outfit and was thoroughly confused. Even the skirt in blue denim or black would have looked better. She wears sporty clothes very well, but dressing like an athlete at the Olympics is just ... weird to me.

On another note, when I opened those photos to see if she really was wearing a tennis skirt, I realised that the blonde in front of her is my friend from uni, who won the gold in the women's double sculls last week. Awesome!

13-08-2012
backstage pass

I personally don't really mind what she wears in her private time. I love all the photos of her at Olympic events, it's nice to see her relaxing and being herself.

13-08-2012
V.I.P.

is it an old dress? i feel like i've seen that dress before. anyway she looks really old with that makeup but well its nice to see her there with only Harry on her side, she adopts her royal life very well I think

13-08-2012
V.I.P.

Kate Middletonís £22,000 beauty regime

whatever she's doing it appears to be working. her skin does look glowing!

has anyone tried any of the karin herzog skincare products mentioned here?
(dailymail.co.uk)

13-08-2012
tfs star

So it's her hair that's costing her the most... I was a bit shocked at the price since I can imagine a lot of people spending that sort of money on make up :/ I'm not sure I'd go through 3 of each make up products a year though.

13-08-2012
backstage pass

I really like the dress in #412. And it's no suprise to me that she puts so much money into her hair--it pays off because it's always gorgeous.

13-08-2012
V.I.P.

Wow, I didn't realise I liked so many of her looks until I saw this chart posted here.

My favourite is the first yellow dress, for sure (the Jenny Packham).

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, cambridge, catherine, duchess, february, june, kate, middleton